Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,315 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

mud wrote: »
    He was subsequently convicted.

dat was rong he shudnt hav ben he wil apple

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

coolhull wrote: »
    Pity her ''cibblings'' didnt leave the 'owld home town' and get the same college education as she did :(

The only logical conclusion is that she is learning the Cyrillic alphabet and mixed up her C's and S's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Sever Tomorrow

Is there any way to stop your opinions/comments on news articles and the like being seen on your friends newsfeeds?

I presume my facebook friends are seeing my opinions come up, like I sometimes see links to their political views etc.

I have a friend on facebook who regularly comments on current events and I ended up hiding the page he always comments on because it was starting to make me like him less. I'm sure my friends feel the same way sometimes about my opinions. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Is there any way to stop your opinions/comments on news articles and the like being seen on your friends newsfeeds?

I presume my facebook friends are seeing my opinions come up, like I sometimes see links to their political views etc.

I have a friend on facebook who regularly comments on current events and I ended up hiding the page he always comments on because it was starting to make me like him less. I'm sure my friends feel the same way sometimes about my opinions. :pac:

If you don't want certain people seeing your comments you can put them on your restricted list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

OP: Feeling very, very weepy and it's only day one of my little J****'s last week at primary school. Dreading Friday so much; despite all my big talk of being pleased I don't have to do the school run any more, that little school has been so lovely for my darling children and I, and I am very, very sad these 14 years are almost over. And I would relive them in a heartbeat.

Friend 1: A new phase of life for you both,but everything will be okay just a bit different.j**** will still need you just a much and the high school he is off to is a very good school. You will both be fine.

Friend 2: Hugs *****. I'm feeling the same. Xxxx.

OP: Hugs back *******, xxxx.

Friend 3: Massive hugs ******. I really feel for you. Its hard to reconcile your head and heart in these situations sometimes. But it WILL all be fine. There will be many more wonderful things to come xxxx.

These people all live within 100 yards of each other. They could have had this chat on the side of the street.

sligojoek wrote: »
    A new phase of life for you both,but everything will be okay just a bit different.j**** will still need you just a much and the high school he is off to is a very good school.

Who goes to High School in Ireland!?!? Gee whiz, I sure hope he doesn't get picked on by the jocks…

They're in England

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

^^
    What's unusual about it is that all three can spell properly.
    So obviously not Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

These people all live within 100 yards of each other. They could have had this chat on the side of the street.
    I have some who could have their facebook conversations in the same bed, never mind room or house or street.
    For some reason they want us all to know that they have wished each other a happy birthday.

• Advertisement

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    I have some who could have their facebook conversations in the same bed, never mind room or house or street.
    For some reason they want us all to know that they have wished each other a happy birthday.

Ah, I wish my wife a happy birthday on facebook. I can't really see the problem with that tbh. I draw the line at wishing dead people a happy birthday though. You never get likes from those dicks…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

Don't comment with your FB profile. If your logged out then they won't know which articles you read. Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Not FB but on Instagram

'Selfing my way threw life'

Happy 103rd birthday to Woody Gutherie

I bet he's having a ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Peppa Pig wrote: »

I was once asked if my husband and I weren't speaking, because it was his birthday and I didn't acknowledge it on Facebook.

I acknowledged it in real life you numpty!!!

If you don't want certain people seeing your comments you can put them on your restricted list.

Is that just the comments on news articles or everything on facebook?
    Don't comment with your FB profile. If your logged out then they won't know which articles you read. Simple.

I don't have it set up that way. I think the only way people can see what you've read is if you use a newspapers built in app. Then it notifies friends that you've read articles from that newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Is there anyway that you can block someone from messaging you?

KKkitty wrote: »
    Is there anyway that you can block someone from messaging you?

Block their profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

eternal wrote: »
    Block their profile.

I'm a bit afraid to completely block this person.

KKkitty wrote: »
    I'm a bit afraid to completely block this person.

You can always unblock them after a certain timeframe. If you're afraid you need to block them and report them.

• Advertisement

Hover over a post and click "I don't want see this post" or something like that.
    Then you will get an option that says "See less posts from this person"
    Or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

My cousin just liked someones post: "RIP Gran XXX" Whoever it was also had a picture of their Gran in her coffin :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

Owryan wrote: »
    My cousin just liked someones post: "RIP Gran XXX" Whoever it was also had a picture of their Gran in her coffin :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

"Excuse me but could you ask the mortician to give her duck lips when she is in the coffin. Family and friends would like to take a selfie with her to remember her as she was".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Problem is though, that no one is willing to pull the person aside and say that it's not socially acceptable to take a picture of a dead person and slap it on social media.

Everyone's afraid of offending people these days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Problem is though, that no one is willing to pull the person aside and say that it's not socially acceptable to take a picture of a dead person and slap it on social media.

If someone is stupid enough to post a picture of a dead relative, then nobody is going to be able to talk sense to her (and with respect, I find it's mostly females)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

OP: Feeling very, very weepy and it's only day one of my little J****'s last week at primary school. Dreading Friday so much; despite all my big talk of being pleased I don't have to do the school run any more, that little school has been so lovely for my darling children and I, and I am very, very sad these 14 years are almost over. And I would relive them in a heartbeat.

Friend 1: A new phase of life for you both,but everything will be okay just a bit different.j**** will still need you just a much and the high school he is off to is a very good school. You will both be fine.

Friend 2: Hugs *****. I'm feeling the same. Xxxx.

OP: Hugs back *******, xxxx.

Friend 3: Massive hugs ******. I really feel for you. Its hard to reconcile your head and heart in these situations sometimes. But it WILL all be fine. There will be many more wonderful things to come xxxx.

14 years?

bluewolf wrote: »
    14 years?
    More than one child.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Ah!!!
    I saw all this talk only about J and wondered!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/bride-brands-piper-unprofessional-demands-6086895. This story beggars belief! I actually saw it on my Facebook newsfeed before the media got wind of it as the piper is a friend of a friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/bride-brands-piper-unprofessional-demands-6086895. This story beggars belief! I actually saw it on my Facebook newsfeed before the media got wind of it as the piper is a friend of a friend.

What a bitch! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement