Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

JCX BXC wrote: »
    mlqbgx.jpg

"Hotel anal payed for" Jaysus whoever goes for this will have a great time.

Bloody hell, on my last hol which was all inclusive - I was just made up to find Stolychna vodka was on the AI menu!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

hello ifa agbewa oo all your problems call me at numbler 081*******

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

hello ifa agbewa oo all your problems call me at numbler 081*******

What?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

What?

It was posted by some African guy on a FB group I'm in. Clearly some kind of scam trying to get people to ring the number but the guys grasp of the English language seems basic to put it mildly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

It was posted by some African guy on a FB group I'm in. Clearly some kind of scam trying to get people to ring the numbler but the guys grasp of the English language seems basic to put it mildly.
    Fixed that for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

JCX BXC wrote: »
    mlqbgx.jpg

"Hotel anal payed for" Jaysus whoever goes for this will have a great time.

that reminded me a pic i seen on facebook, of a bloke djing at a free gaf. He wrote underneath the picture, " im a dj anal now" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

that reminded me a pic i seen on facebook, of a bloke djing at a free gaf. He wrote underneath the picture, " im a dj anal now" lol

Well, I'm fed up of the other, regular kind of dj. Let's give this guy a go. It'll make a change.....

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭shoegal1

the last line of a sad post had me giggling...." I'll just have to bear my cross to Calgary".

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

37827534_10156702644107089_4309023358160207872_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=c9fbf8e0e20486de515735671ccc4ea9&oe=5BD38DCE

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

More Wedding What-the-f*ck... Am I the only one who finds thus utterly unbelievable??

"Hi, I am getting married in less than 3 weeks!We are on a REALLY tight budget, I suppose being honest we didn't calculate our budget very well!

We have enough saved to pay the Hotel, but don't have enough cash to pay ....make up, hair...music....final payment on honeymonn.....church...etc..LOTS of stuff.

We are having approx 80 to the wedding and if anyone asks we have been saving we would like cash/cheque At a conservative guess we would think maybe 4K which would cover all off above.

HOWEVER I had thought we would receive most of this before the wedding......but so far nothing.I am worried about our best man having to take money out of envelopes on the day of our wedding to pay suppliers etc paniking even more that they maybe cheques!!

We seriously have zero funds atm Just wondering about everyone else experience. If you have requested money as wedding gift, when does it start to come in? I'm totally stressing out!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Holy sweet ****

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'd be giving a kettle from Argos as a present if I was invited, or a post-dated cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    I'd be giving a kettle from Argos as a present if I was invited, or a post-dated cheque.

Same. I almost always give a cash gift, but if they TOLD us to give cash they get a kitchen appliance or something, albeit a nice one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

rawn wrote: »
    Same. I almost always give a cash gift, but if they TOLD us to give cash they get a kitchen appliance or something, albeit a nice one :)

And get it engraved to the happy couple so they can't regift or exchange!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Translating this from Czech for your pleasure - the post is referring to the tragic wildfires in Greece:

"Well it's an obvious terrorist attack and they're getting away with it! Everyone can go and check the numbers of immigrants that KEEP COMING to Greece!!! WAKE UP!!!"

Are they also boards posters?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    More Wedding What-the-f*ck... Am I the only one who finds thus utterly unbelievable??

"Hi, I am getting married in less than 3 weeks!We are on a REALLY tight budget, I suppose being honest we didn't calculate our budget very well!

We have enough saved to pay the Hotel, but don't have enough cash to pay ....make up, hair...music....final payment on honeymonn.....church...etc..LOTS of stuff.

We are having approx 80 to the wedding and if anyone asks we have been saving we would like cash/cheque At a conservative guess we would think maybe 4K which would cover all off above.

HOWEVER I had thought we would receive most of this before the wedding......but so far nothing.I am worried about our best man having to take money out of envelopes on the day of our wedding to pay suppliers etc paniking even more that they maybe cheques!!

We seriously have zero funds atm Just wondering about everyone else experience. If you have requested money as wedding gift, when does it start to come in? I'm totally stressing out!!"

Stop! That cant be real! I’m on lots of wedding pages on Facebook at the moment and I’ve read plenty of howlers but that’s just mental!

Wellyd wrote: »
    Stop! That cant be real! I’m on lots of wedding pages on Facebook at the moment and I’ve read plenty of howlers but that’s just mental!

Unfortunately it is. The fact they are so oblivious to how utterly inappropriate it is staggers me. Not posted anonymously either. Absolutely shameless.
    Also, I can't recall ever sending a wedding gift (cash or otherwise) ahead of time. Has this person ever actually been to a wedding??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I hope for her sake she plans the next wedding better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

That can't be real. Suppliers are paid before the wedding, I've never seen them standing there with the hand out on the day itself.
    I've also seen couples use gifted cash to settle the bill on checkout, each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

razorblunt wrote: »
    That can't be real. Suppliers are paid before the wedding, I've never seen them standing there with the hand out on the day itself.
    I've also seen couples use gifted cash to settle the bill on checkout, each to their own.

not always true - we paid photographer & band on day of wedding and settled hotel bill the day after

• Advertisement

optogirl wrote: »
    not always true - we paid photographer & band on day of wedding and settled hotel bill the day after

I know someone who paid the church on the day and the organist I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Reply, but mention nothing of the wedding. Just correct her for using "off" instead of "of" .

Throw in a bit about how "been" is not "being" . I bet she does that too.

That should get her going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Unfortunately it is. The fact they are so oblivious to how utterly inappropriate it is staggers me. Not posted anonymously either. Absolutely shameless.
    Also, I can't recall ever sending a wedding gift (cash or otherwise) ahead of time. Has this person ever actually been to a wedding??

Presumably if it's on FB, then a lot of the people that are reading it might actually be going to the wedding. FFS like :confused::confused:

On the subject of weddings and social media - anyone see this ??

https://www.newsweek.com/jetblue-refunds-wedding-fare-woman-who-was-asked-relinquish-her-bridesmaid-1047297

That bride wants a slap! And I was overooked to be my brother's bridesmaid as his wife to be wanted "similar looks" for the photograph. So despite her being a dumpy heifer like my good self, she chose three giraffes in make up!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

On the subject of weddings and social media - anyone see this ??

https://www.newsweek.com/jetblue-refunds-wedding-fare-woman-who-was-asked-relinquish-her-bridesmaid-1047297

That bride wants a slap! And I was overooked to be my brother's bridesmaid as his wife to be wanted "similar looks" for the photograph. So despite her being a dumpy heifer like my good self, she chose three giraffes in make up!

" bridesmaid jumpsuit "

The bride did her a favour letting her away with being a bridesmaid.

emeldc wrote: »

Presumably if it's on FB, then a lot of the people that are reading it might actually be going to the wedding. FFS like :confused::confused:

It is/was on an FB Wedding Group. I'm in a few. She has since deleted the whole thread after being left in tears by the comments.

It has however been replaced by another poster with a "We're all in this together, Girls, don't be nasty, haterz gon' hate, Boss Babe" type supportive message...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

emeldc wrote: »

Maybe that was the goal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

I saw this on Reddit:
    https://imgur.com/a/DI8lU#13Zcvzk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Bring proud of weight loss is like being a KKk member?!?! I have heard it all now.
    #opression # triggering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

764dak wrote: »

Good Lord, I fear for humanity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement