Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Good Lord, I fear for humanity.

I read it twice to be sure and yeah - we're too far gone to come back now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

"Drop round later she's in work til 11 x"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

the the guy who stole my antidepressants, I hope you're happy now!!!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

Hi I am 22 years old and my vionce is 33 years old,we are trying fore a baby nou aulmoast 2 years and are 3 years engadged.I did use pregna care once an did go 74 days Late but started again but not normal.I was 7 days but only from around 9 in the morning ad 8 at night.and are on day 8 cleen again.can any one give me advice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Hi I am 22 years old and my vionce is 33 years old,we are trying fore a baby nou aulmoast 2 years and are 3 years engadged.I did use pregna care once an did go 74 days Late but started again but not normal.I was 7 days but only from around 9 in the morning ad 8 at night.and are on day 8 cleen again.can any one give me advice.

Yes. You - legs closed. "Vionce" - TIE A KNOT IN IT!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Lots of advice i have.
    Most of them will give me a ban here though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

Update. It WORKS!! I have a whole new news feed. I’m seeing posts from people I haven’t seen in years.
    Here’s how to bypass the system FB now has in place that limits posts on your news feed.
    Their new algorithm chooses the same few people - about 25 - who will read your posts. Therefore, I ask you all a favor so I can see your news feed and you can see mine.
    Hold your finger down anywhere in this post and "copy" will pop up. Click "copy". Then go your page, start a new post and put your finger anywhere in the blank field. "Paste" will pop up and click paste.
    This will bypass the system.
    Thank you

Morons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    More Wedding What-the-f*ck... Am I the only one who finds thus utterly unbelievable??

"Hi, I am getting married in less than 3 weeks!We are on a REALLY tight budget, I suppose being honest we didn't calculate our budget very well!

We have enough saved to pay the Hotel, but don't have enough cash to pay ....make up, hair...music....final payment on honeymonn.....church...etc..LOTS of stuff.

We are having approx 80 to the wedding and if anyone asks we have been saving we would like cash/cheque At a conservative guess we would think maybe 4K which would cover all off above.

HOWEVER I had thought we would receive most of this before the wedding......but so far nothing.I am worried about our best man having to take money out of envelopes on the day of our wedding to pay suppliers etc paniking even more that they maybe cheques!!

We seriously have zero funds atm Just wondering about everyone else experience. If you have requested money as wedding gift, when does it start to come in? I'm totally stressing out!!"

I was once a bridesmaid to a bride who was very similar to this.....she even "surprised" her guests with the gift of paying for their own meals - they found this out after the meal when they got handed the bill (if you were lucky enough to be invited to the meal - if you were part of the 300 invited to the "afters" you got diddly squat) and the bridesmaids were very generously given the gift of buying all their gear, hair and make up, plus she chanced us to see if she could get us to pay for a whole host of other things....such as the invites. Wonderful day, I'll never forget it....:rolleyes:

On another story - I know of a couple on facebook where the husband has set up a go fund me to "surprise" his wife with a honeymoon - that he won't be paying for because his gullible facebook friends will. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

On another story - I know of a couple on facebook where the husband has set up a go fund me to "surprise" his wife with a honeymoon - that he won't be paying for because his gullible facebook friends will. :pac:

While I wouldn't dream of doing this I don't see a massive issue with it, assuming that wifey is legitimately not in on it obviously.

While I wouldn't dream of doing this I don't see a massive issue with it, assuming that wifey is legitimately not in on it obviously.

I think it's fair cheeky - "I want to go on honeymoon but I don't want to save or pay for it - facebook friends, pay up!"

• Advertisement

Maybe I'm placing far too much faith in mankind but I guess it depends on the person's situation. If I know they could make it work if they just had a few less nights out etc I'd laugh and move on, if I knew they were scraping by and his pitch was basically 'she's always wanted to go to Disneyworld but we're barely scraping by, had to do a cheap wedding etc etc etc' I'd probably be a bit more understanding/slower to judge at least

Maybe I'm placing far too much faith in mankind but I guess it depends on the person's situation. If I know they could make it work if they just had a few less nights out etc I'd laugh and move on, if I knew they were scraping by and his pitch was basically 'she's always wanted to go to Disneyworld but we're barely scraping by, had to do a cheap wedding etc etc etc' I'd probably be a bit more understanding/slower to judge at least

Yeah, sure, I'll send you on the link, they'd make a right fool out of you in no time, that's for sure! :D Just for clarity - they're the type that don't have any employment but about 600 facebook friends that they regularly call upon to fund them in various life stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

I was once a bridesmaid to a bride who was very similar to this.....she even "surprised" her guests with the gift of paying for their own meals

My friend's sister wanted to do that too, but everyone told her that it would be rude. She then came up with a genius idea - she was actually selling tickets to the wedding! Not rude at all! :P

My friend's sister wanted to do that too, but everyone told her that it would be rude. She then came up with a genius idea - she was actually selling tickets to the wedding! Not rude at all! :P

That is GENIUS!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭heretothere

Yeah, sure, I'll send you on the link, they'd make a right fool out of you in no time, that's for sure! :D Just for clarity - they're the type that don't have any employment but about 600 facebook friends that they regularly call upon to fund them in various life stages.

Fair enough so, I was with Captain Flaps. If there were a hard working couple but had low incomes and couldn't afford a dream honeymoon I would donate to a friend. But not if they're just lazy and cheeky!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,867 ✭✭✭✭Sadb

What in God’s name does this even mean?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,867 ✭✭✭✭Sadb

“WARNING!!!! EVERY ONE IN (name of town)!
    3 foreign women are trying to pickpocket people.. My mother-in-law was nearly caught out in (name of shop) . Be careful!!”

What is the actual point of this post? I hate this kind of ****e on Facebook.
    Firstly shouldn’t you always be aware of the possibility of pickpockets and thus keep your money/valuable items safe when in public? Secondly, how incredibly vague is this? Is there only 3 foreign people in this whole town? Or should we just suspect every foreign person to be a pickpocket but not Irish people? How do you differentiate who is foreign or who is irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I was once a bridesmaid to a bride who was very similar to this.....she even "surprised" her guests with the gift of paying for their own meals - they found this out after the meal when they got handed the bill (if you were lucky enough to be invited to the meal - if you were part of the 300 invited to the "afters" you got diddly squat) and the bridesmaids were very generously given the gift of buying all their gear, hair and make up, plus she chanced us to see if she could get us to pay for a whole host of other things....such as the invites. Wonderful day, I'll never forget it....:rolleyes:

I remember that thread so well! The weddings forum hasn’t had one like it in a long time!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Wellyd wrote: »
    I remember that thread so well! The weddings forum hasn’t had one like it in a long time!

It was up there alright. There is one in PI at the minute about at hen that has left me :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

From a pro Corbyn FB site, one of those posts trying to dismiss rumours of anti semitism in the Labour Party as propaganda. Going by some of the comments they'll have their work cut out

The tories are in the pocket of the Jews 8 Million given to the tories to party members for lobbying in the past eight years.

It doesn’t matter what Corbyn does for the Jews it’s got nothing to do with religion or semitism it’s to do with what’s close to the Jewish people of this country money and capitalism

SMEAR CAMPAIGNERS MUST BE VERY WORRIED NOW -SO KEEP IT UP THE MORE TWEETS AND SMEARS THE BIGGER THE DAMAGES WHEN JC SUES YOU ALL -CANNOT WAIT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Thought that said: My voice is 33 years old...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

To Al My Haterz ... Da Feelings Ar Nuetral ... Muppets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Wellyd wrote: »

Best thread ever! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Update. It WORKS!! I have a whole new news feed. I’m seeing posts from people I haven’t seen in years.
    Here’s how to bypass the system FB now has in place that limits posts on your news feed.
    Their new algorithm chooses the same few people - about 25 - who will read your posts. Therefore, I ask you all a favor so I can see your news feed and you can see mine.
    Hold your finger down anywhere in this post and "copy" will pop up. Click "copy". Then go your page, start a new post and put your finger anywhere in the blank field. "Paste" will pop up and click paste.
    Thank youUpdate. It WORKS!! I have a whole new news feed. I’m seeing posts from people I haven’t seen in years.
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

^^

Ah, thanks, Mr Zuckerberg, I'll try that right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

"my nehpew was diagnosed with aspargus syndrome last week. post this if u agree aspargus is a real illness. the symptoms are not always obvious!"

Comment: "are one of the symptoms smelly pi**"?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

fussyonion wrote: »
    "my nehpew was diagnosed with aspargus syndrome last week. post this if u agree aspargus is a real illness. the symptoms are not always obvious!"

Comment: "are one of the symptoms smelly pi**"?

Could you get the screenshot of that one?

Pleeeeease :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Ah Jayzus.

457668.jpg

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Ah Jayzus.

457668.jpg

Saw this last night and knew it would pop up here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Thank youUpdate. It WORKS!! I have a whole new news feed. I’m seeing posts from people I haven’t seen in years.
    Thank you

Why do moderately intelligent people fall for crap like this? One of my friends had this up. There were heaps of one word comments on it from people. I was the only one to point out it's a spoof.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement