Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

From a friend of a friend
    Im nevr goin on hol again evr
    followed by
    No mist boat gt ere at 2 boat went at ten ta 2 train ws dlayed n nw still at port holyhead boat at haf 8 gts ta dub at 12 n lukin lyk im gna av ta gt a hotel wich i lukd up n its 280e fr 1 nyt lyk ffs n we lost our laptop disaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/bride-brands-piper-unprofessional-demands-6086895. This story beggars belief! I actually saw it on my Facebook newsfeed before the media got wind of it as the piper is a friend of a friend.

This is so unbelievably stupid, I fail to see the issue. Even if he did have a pint (which he claims he didn't but really it would be nothing if he did), his performance was obviously unaffected because it was one drink. Such a weird reaction from her, not to mention this comment from her is just strange: "and don't want to look through photos on Facebook to see my piper drinking, as I think this would affect your performance to pipe me and Marshal into dinner. " :confused: First of all, that sentence makes little sense; second of all, he clearly did a good job didn't he because she only complained after she saw the photo. So he was hardly staggering around drunk. Most Irish musicians would be drinking while they played. "I want my money back because I'm not happy about the photos being ruined" What? It's one photo!? Jeez, talk about bridezilla. I'd be embarrassed if I was her or her husband. I can believe this news story is real.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

When he told her it was a soft drink she still wasn't happy. She said that even that wasn't "professional" :rolleyes:

She's obviously got some serious issues.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Probably a matter of not collecting enough money from the wedding envelopes to cover the wedding.
    And then try to screw over some guy in order to get some expenses back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

sara1 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Depressing ... I bet it´s some bullshíte type post where buzzwords and scutter can get her by, like some management position ?

I assume she's not working for the ESA or NASA ...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

the_monkey wrote: »
    Depressing ... I bet it´s some bullshíte type post where buzzwords and scutter can get her by, like some management position ?

I assume she's not working for the ESA or NASA ...

My guess would be.... HRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

This is so unbelievably stupid, I fail to see the issue. Even if he did have a pint (which he claims he didn't but really it would be nothing if he did), his performance was obviously unaffected because it was one drink. Such a weird reaction from her, not to mention this comment from her is just strange: "and don't want to look through photos on Facebook to see my piper drinking, as I think this would affect your performance to pipe me and Marshal into dinner. " :confused: First of all, that sentence makes little sense; second of all, he clearly did a good job didn't he because she only complained after she saw the photo. So he was hardly staggering around drunk. Most Irish musicians would be drinking while they played. "I want my money back because I'm not happy about the photos being ruined" What? It's one photo!? Jeez, talk about bridezilla. I'd be embarrassed if I was her or her husband. I can believe this news story is real.:o

Agreed, this makes no sense. I got married in Scotland and the custom is that the bride gives the piper a wee whiskey when he's piped the couple into the room before dinner. He then makes a toast to the bride and goes on his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

razorblunt wrote: »
    Agreed, this makes no sense. I got married in Scotland and the custom is that the bride gives the piper a wee whiskey when he's piped the couple into the room before dinner. He then makes a toast to the bride and goes on his way.

A wee dram you mean. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Big Nasty wrote: »
    A wee dram you mean. ;)

Ha I actually meant to type that and all but forgot "dram" in my haste!

I don't know whether to be amused by this thread or downright depressed ... it's shocking!!

Has social media highlighted the true idiocy problem in the modern world ?

This for example
    See u [insert name] ya dirty whore. Who do u think u are atal to go round talking about me givin me scandal callin me whores up around bunclody and every other town ur feekin everyone!! Walk on my face will ya. Dirty soft girl jealous fat burnt barqueued bastard. Burning your own self and blamin it on an innocent boy lookin for money. Hungry money grabbing bastard. Taken money of a sick boy who genuine not well. d filthy whore got caught feekin a 60year old married man travelling man dat sells furniture wannabe never will be. Bringin on married men for weeks blackmailing them for money not to tell der wife's! Ya rat bastard you can do what ya like to people and the minute someone says boo to u ya runs to the gaurds. Text men who have girlfriends and children callin der girlfriends tramps your the tramp with ur big hairy swampy goul. Ur all burnt out love dat ya hvata go with insert name a 16year old child dat don't know any better cuz nobody else wud have ya. Threatnin children must think someone afraid of u ya wake ferrite. Lyin around your house butt naked not even a sock on infront of a loads young fellas with ur bad burnt leg on display dat u done to urself yock!! In the back of vans and cars just lying there letting them all have Der way with ya u dirty bitch. I know a lot more than u think now and il keep goin now if u dnt stop ya big fishy flaps cuM bucket!! Around since ur 12 Nd 13 sellin urself knows dat for a fact aswell ya smelly prostitue nobody wants ya u Lonley dirty jealous whore dnt flatter urself to think any girl or boy or man or woman likes ya ‪#‎ScabbyBabby‬ ‪#‎burntout‬ ‪#‎walkingSTI‬ ‪#‎barbequed‬

For real ???

Where did you find this ?
    Is this one of your contacts on fb :O ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Who needs Vicky Pollard

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Who needs Vicky Pollard

Yeah but no but yeah but no but....

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Ricky from Trailer Park Boys has better grammar than most of these people

Jesus H Christ, from that Danny Ward thread I went into some of the profiles of the "commentators" on the story ... I fear for the future of Ireland/humanity .

I guess this idiocy always existed and now social media is merely showing it as any epsilon can post on the net .. but still ... unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,315 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Just heard the a bit on the news on the Player.
    Apparently some dude on the run from Ennis courthouse was apprehended because his status was updated while he was absconding.

I don't do Faceb*ok myself but I presume somebody can find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Just heard the a bit on the news on the Player.
    Apparently some dude on the run from Ennis courthouse was apprehended because his status was updated while he was absconding.

I don't do Faceb*ok myself but I presume somebody can find it.

I was just reading about that earlier, here it is

http://www.thejournal.ie/escaped-convict-social-media-run-away-jason-frayne-2227140-Jul2015/

46 previous convictions :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

I was just reading about that earlier, here it is

http://www.thejournal.ie/escaped-convict-social-media-run-away-jason-frayne-2227140-Jul2015/

46 previous convictions :rolleyes:

On Friday, he posted two photos of himself wearing an Adidas tracksuit to his Facebook page, under which one of his friends on the site wrote, “U never fail to surprise me stay off tis pal !!!”

Last Thursday he wrote online, “Who else is out today haha” after changing his profile picture.

It is being reported by the Limerick Leader that Frayne escaped with another inmate after having his case dealt with at the court. The other man, Keith Garrihy, 18, was recaptured as short time after. Frayne is reported as having 46 previous convictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭SnitchingBubs

One of this people I'm friends with but don't talk to in real life posted the below. It was an big essay about how women cry so much cause they're strong. Then it asked you to share the below picture as a tribute to women. Anyone want to guess why this post may seem strange...

That's right, that picture is of Casey Anthony crying in the docks while on trail for the murder of her young daughter. SMH

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Obviously she puts a lot of research into something before she posts it on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

One of this people I'm friends with but don't talk to in real life posted the below. It was an big essay about how women cry so much cause they're strong. Then it asked you to share the below picture as a tribute to women. Anyone want to guess why this post may seem strange...

That's right, that picture is of Casey Anthony crying in the docks while on trail for the murder of her young daughter. SMH

I think we have a mutual friend. Her initials N.H?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

rawn wrote: »
    I think we have a mutual friend. Her initials N.H?

Tbf, loads of eejits have put that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Sever Tomorrow

inforfun wrote: »
    Probably a matter of not collecting enough money from the wedding envelopes to cover the wedding.
    And then try to screw over some guy in order to get some expenses back.

Exactly. I think she may have managed to make him one of Scotlands most in demand pipers as a result of this. :D

Speak of the devil, the man has appeared on my newsfeed again, uploading a picture of a letter sent to him by Tennants.

Hi Craig,

We saw you in the paper this morning and thought you might appreciate a case of Scotland's favourite lager. Just make sure you keep them for your day off!

All the best,

Tennant's Lager

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭skirtgirl

She posted this comment under a picture of a jewellery post she shared on Facebook.
    "Tha is gorges. When i moved out of my older home to mve to my own house, i packed all my jellery all in one big jellery box and pack it in the jellery boxs. When we wer goin tru the boxes and banggg the jellery boxs gone. Hes and mind wer all together. I was wit "boyfriend" 4,
    5yrs at the tim. Mind cam to atlest 6000ero alone. He had good taste bless him. I was livite tbh. A sure can,t cry over spilled milk as the sayin goes. Weve been tryin to rebuild tha jellery since lol. Anyway good luck to the winner yesturday. Hi peps what ye all at out in the fine weather lol. Boring or what. Well my boo is out helpin the lads 2 emty our rubbish to the dump. Thank god not much to go. Burn ur bottles and ceral boxes less rubbis at the end of the mth. €70 for the few bags. Not bad haa. What do
    do to survie now adays. Anywayz all tha comment under a ring comaption dated 4 yeasturday. So peps hope the weather picks up 4 thursday. As tha,s my day 2 go and visited my home town and owld gronnies lol. My dad and cibblings catch up sence lst week. As usuall same owld storyes same owld faces. Only 4 my dad who idour so so much and sis,s and bro i would never enter tha town again. To many demons i had to battle to get out of it. And god won the demons and made me met an angel who is my soul mate and my boo, till the day we die old together wit god help in our beds as old folkes lol can ya picture it. Ahh my boo of an angel he,s the best a woman can get."
    In fairness it is phonetically good English

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

skirtgirl, how do you get these gems???????
    cibblings gets me every time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭skirtgirl

skirtgirl, how do you get these gems???????
    cibblings gets me every time :D[/quote
    If I told you I'd have to kill you 😱

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

How did she spell angels right?

Need a good angle to that story!!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

can someone please tell her its "peeps" not peps

its like she is writing an email to someone as well, she must be a bit of a strange aul' one is eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,723 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Next too me [context - attaches Emeli Sandé video]...not at a young one's house who he met on p.o.f or sending filthy messages not chatting up foreigners called xxxxx in work and not at the back of marque snogging sumone!‪#‎usedasaoptiononly‬ ‪#‎neverwillchange‬.
    And not lieing to family or friends..on more than one occasion.
    If they cant hav u in public not let them have u in private I say....
    So shout out to all the real men who are loyal honest respectful and faithful even if there just seeing where the relationship is going they could teach a few boys some lessons.
    And its the philandering ass-full of ****-before I found a real man im talking about!
    Rant over.being used over.

This girl has perpetual issues with philanderers (I don't know where she got this word, but I admire it.) Funny enough, she had about 3-4 boyfriends at any given point when we were in school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

big shout ou ta d best momma n d world stuck ny me true tick n tin alwaz gav me 2nd chanceds and um glad she did cuz me momma is the best im glad u loved ur presents theywernt outa d twon shop lol ,love ya 2 the moon an bk have a great day we wil mke sure of it =-) xxxxxxxxx
    ;p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement