Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,815 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Nolan's.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,920 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

LamborGuineys were the northside version of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Nolan's.
    Very warm - Paddy Whelans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Have you ever feared walking outside at night because of your gender? On March 2nd we invite all women, trans-people, and non-binary friends to join us for a walk through Dublin, in stand against gender-based violence.
    Cis-gendered men, we ask you step back and do not attend this walk. You've had to chaperon women for too long, and we should be able to be alone. We do, however, invite you to join us at our afters, for drinks and banter.
    See you then!

Wtf is a cis gendered man???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Have you ever feared walking outside at night because of your gender? On March 2nd we invite all women, trans-people, and non-binary friends to join us for a walk through Dublin, in stand against gender-based violence.
    Cis-gendered men, we ask you step back and do not attend this walk. You've had to chaperon women for too long, and we should be able to be alone. We do, however, invite you to join us at our afters, for drinks and banter.
    See you then!

A man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

cisgender
    /sɪsˈdʒɛndə/Submit
    adjective
    adjective: cis-gender
    denoting or relating to a person whose sense of personal identity and gender corresponds with their birth sex.
    "this new-found attention to the plight of black trans folks by primarily cisgender allies is timely and necessary"

:):)

Ipso wrote: »
    A man.

Would it not be easier to write man instead???

emeldc wrote: »
    cisgender
    /sɪsˈdʒɛndə/Submit
    adjective
    adjective: cis-gender
    denoting or relating to a person whose sense of personal identity and gender corresponds with their birth sex.
    "this new-found attention to the plight of black trans folks by primarily cisgender allies is timely and necessary"

:):)[/QUOT

I got a headache reading that lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

See you then!

"Cis" is a term that refers to men and women who are born biologically men or women and who identify as men or women. So basically they're just men or women with an extra label.

I'm sick of all this gender crap but the bolded bit in particular. MEN can identify as non-binary, so why are men being excluded from things?? This drives me nuts! I actually looked up the term non-binary when it first started appearing and I had no idea what it meant.

The basic thinking is that there are male traits and female traits decided by societies ideologies of what each gender should subscribe to. These are "binary" traits ie alpha male or alpha female. If you don't feel like you fit these traits, you are "non binary" and maybe "gender fluid".

Well doh. Most people fall on a spectrum, known as personality. Men can also identify as "non-binary". I know this isn't the right forum to be debating this but it just annoys me because it reminds me of a news article I read last week where some snowflakes had a gym assign an hour an week to "Women and non-binary people" or some sh"te like that. They got butt hurt when someone wrote all over their posters to include everyone and the response was something pathetic like "men, it's only an hour out of your privileged life. Please give use women and non binary people a bit of peace and quite".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

• Advertisement

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    but it just annoys me because it reminds me of a news article I read last week where some snowflakes ...

That's the problem with reading the Daily Mail really, isn't it? You fall into their trap, just like the Brexit voters fell into their trap after a couple of decades of anti EU articles.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fathead82

This went up 8 hours ago, on a page that was only set up 4 days ago. Already has 1.9k likes & shares. Do people actually think they're going to win a €49k log cabin by sharing a post on Facebook!

FREE LOG CABIN

I’ve sat down with the business partner and we have decided as we are getting so much work true Facebook we want to expand in social media and to do that we need more likes. So we are proud to announce we are giving away€€€€49,000 worth of a long g cabin. To be in with a chance to get your hands on this time co friendly life time guaranteed home all you got to do is like the post share the post and the main part like our page. I wish all of you the best of luck and the lucky winner will be announced on the 29/03/19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

fathead82 wrote: »
    This went up 8 hours ago, on a page that was only set up 4 days ago. Already has 1.9k likes & shares. Do people actually think they're going to win a €49k log cabin by sharing a post on Facebook!

FREE LOG CABIN

I’ve sat down with the business partner and we have decided as we are getting so much work true Facebook we want to expand in social media and to do that we need more likes. So we are proud to announce we are giving away€€€€49,000 worth of a long g cabin. To be in with a chance to get your hands on this time co friendly life time guaranteed home all you got to do is like the post share the post and the main part like our page. I wish all of you the best of luck and the lucky winner will be announced on the 29/03/19

I stopped reading at ‘so much work true facebook’.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

"OK..LISTEN UP! ITS IMPORTANT. WARN YOUR WIVES, DAUGHTERS, SISTERS .
    The newest thing is striking up an innocent conversation. the guy then says "hey. no offense, but you have bad breath and offers a mint or lifesaver. looks like the real deal even in a new package BUT they are the new date rape drug and also laced with fentanyl for the sex trafficking trade. Yes, it's happening and they are slick. please warn all, particularly young females as once across the border, you are done. it's a living nightmare."

'Once across the border you are done'

Yeah but that's only till Brexit kicks in.... Then you can eat all the mints you want.

I never really trusted that Steve Silvermint fella anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

coolhull wrote: »
    "OK..LISTEN UP! ITS IMPORTANT. WARN YOUR WIVES, DAUGHTERS, SISTERS .
    The newest thing is striking up an innocent conversation. the guy then says "hey. no offense, but you have bad breath and offers a mint or lifesaver. looks like the real deal even in a new package BUT they are the new date rape drug and also laced with fentanyl for the sex trafficking trade. Yes, it's happening and they are slick. please warn all, particularly young females as once across the border, you are done. it's a living nightmare."

'Once across the border you are done'

Yeah but that's only till Brexit kicks in.... Then you can eat all the mints you want.

I never really trusted that Steve Silvermint fella anyway...

Jesus H F*cking Christ!
    Yeah cos as soon as a guy says "you have bad breath" the spark is still there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

gidget wrote: »
    Anyone else see this Rate My Plate page. Comments are hilarious, but the spellings - I've seen a couple of pics where people are spelling the word sausage as sosig.

sosig!!!!!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Happy Valentines Beautiful Mommy!!🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹 Being a mother is one of the most highest paid jobs in the world since the payment is PURE LOVE. I just nominated you for the Loveliest & Caring Mom Award. You must send to ten moms and make their day. I'm also waiting. 💐🌺🌸

/vomit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Anyone know any polish builders ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

That's the problem with reading the Daily Mail really, isn't it? You fall into their trap, just like the Brexit voters fell into their trap after a couple of decades of anti EU articles.

Try living in the UK! The anti EU stuff is real not some Facebook or Twitter trap.

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Try living in the UK! The anti EU stuff is real not some Facebook or Twitter trap.

It's 'real' because it has been cultivated carefully for a decade or two, largely by ex-pat newspaper owners who don't live there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Amazing .out side EU .IN A DRIVING LICENCE ,A TAXI LICENCE .,5 OR 6 DROVING THE ONE BANGER .CANT SPEAK ENGLISH .DONT KNOW WHERE ANYWHERE IS . AND DESENT IRISH DRIVERS FAILING ON ONE QUESTION . ITS ALSO THE TAXI LICENCEINH CROWD WHO ALSO SHOULD BE CHECKED ON .THESE PEOPLE WHEN CAUGHT SHOULD BE SENT BACK TO THEIR ORIGINAL COUNTRYS AFTER THEIR SENTENCES ARE COMPLETE .A LOT OF CRIME RECENTLY . IRISH LAWS ARE A SOFT TOUCH

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Double post

• Registered Users Posts: 10,854 ✭✭✭✭Sadb

rawn wrote: »
    Amazing .out side EU .IN A DRIVING LICENCE ,A TAXI LICENCE .,5 OR 6 DROVING THE ONE BANGER .CANT SPEAK ENGLISH .DONT KNOW WHERE ANYWHERE IS . AND DESENT IRISH DRIVERS FAILING ON ONE QUESTION . ITS ALSO THE TAXI LICENCEINH CROWD WHO ALSO SHOULD BE CHECKED ON .THESE PEOPLE WHEN CAUGHT SHOULD BE SENT BACK TO THEIR ORIGINAL COUNTRYS AFTER THEIR SENTENCES ARE COMPLETE .A LOT OF CRIME RECENTLY . IRISH LAWS ARE A SOFT TOUCH

I’m absolutely shocked that they managed to use the correct their!!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭aoh

Added a few friends because of a game (sad, I know). Tutns out one of them is a real Trumper:

I have never in my life seen people have the nerve to tell people, they are not authorized to talk about GOD; this business stuff concerning the word of GOD is insain; people are really going crazy, no one can tell YOU, YOU can't have a relationship with GOD and try to drive YOU crazy cause YOU won't stop talking about how good HE is!!! People are insane for real!!! 💘 💘 💘 My food for thought!!! Know who and who's YOU are!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Any1 have any recommendations for a nice jewwy foundation for dry skin??? Thanks in advance girls xx

From a beauty/makeup group I'm in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

"Ya his only 15 had to come throw town on his Owen he has to get the 7.30 bus in the morning to get to school ontime"

Comment left on the local paper's Facebook page on a post about the local buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I hope Owen didn’t mind carrying his friend through town :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

I see world book day is now added to the list of days for parents to try outdo each other dressing up their kids for school.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I see world book day is now added to the list of days for parents to try outdo each other dressing up their kids for school.

Can't find the post now but I saw someone on a group page for my local town asking for a 'Hairy Poter costume asap' the night before book day. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Not too far wrong in fairness.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement