Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

What was the original quote?

Found it - clicked on Edited

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Can't see it on my phone, what did it say?

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Can't see it on my phone, what did it say?

Pic attached

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

gutenberg wrote: »
    Jesus...

Well he did get more points than me lol. What are the odds he did metalwork, woodwork and art? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

id say he has more convictions than points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

You would think so and maybe whoever posted it deserves a free pass, but from what I've seen on my own feed, even from my own family members tbh, some people just want to milk every last drop out of it, it's bizarre behaviour and there's no other reason for doing it than looking for attention.

It depends really on the person. It's true some people can use whatever is affecting them for attention seeking purposes while others use it just as an outlet for their thoughts and feelings when going through a tough time or to let people know how they are getting on. I've one person I know constantly posting memes about her unspecific pain disorder and she's definitely doing that for the sympathy votes but I'd wager they started drying up a fair while ago. Another who has posted very sporadically (maybe once a season if even that) since she was diagnosed with terminal cancer just to update people on where she's at. I'd never in a million years think she was just doing it to milk attention but it's probably just the easiest way of letting people know how she's getting on rather than having to contact everyone individually and give them all the good or bad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Was reading the comments earlier but never thought to click on edited. He's getting some amount of stick alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

"Wot a scorcher! anyone whose coming round for the barbbeq later can someone bring burger bunns cos its the only thing i forgot!!!!! #barbeqq #summer #bikini #cans #wkd #sun #music #friends #hatersbehatin".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

fussyonion wrote: »
    #barbeqq

That's sure to catch on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Dolbert wrote: »
    no good fool of a prick

My new favourite insult :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Wright wrote: »
    Well he did get more points than me lol. What are the odds he did metalwork, woodwork and art? :P

It was a girl actually. She claimed 'all honours' but half of her courses were at ordinary level (she posted a snapshot of her results page), but the fact that she scored at least a C in an ordinary level paper seems to count as a honour for some (I always thought it was reserved for those who did Higher Level?).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It was a girl actually. She claimed 'all honours' but half of her courses were at ordinary level (she posted a snapshot of her results page), but the fact that she scored at least a C in an ordinary level paper seems to count as a honour for some (I always thought it was reserved for those who did Higher Level?).

Sounds like as fcuking dope who wouldn't understand anything honourable if it clattered her round her face :D

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

It's funny when you stop being the person who makes first contact either thru text Facebook, or phone, to see who actually contacts you. #realfriends #fakefux - feeling entertained.

For some reason people call an A, B, or C an "honour" regardless if it's in a honours or ordinary paper. So a D would just be a pass and anything less is a fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

BaZmO* wrote: »
    For some reason people call an A, B, or C an "honour" regardless if it's in a honours or ordinary paper. So a D would just be a pass and anything less is a fail.

Fair enough. I wouldn't consider A-C grades on Ordinary papers as honours myself, but whatever makes her happy...

Fair enough. I wouldn't consider A-C grades on Ordinary papers as honours myself, but whatever makes her happy...

Oh I agree. I've heard lots of people down through the years refer to their "6 honours and a pass" (for example) only to subsequently find out that it was just some B's & C's on foundation subjects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Love when the pussy parade act all hard only reason being is because of whos driving uas around well jya no what . What goes aroind comes around and u wont always have ur protection shell see through yas shes not the worst jist ue two tarts that keep it goin !!! And sarah see u sticking middle fingers up anal dat jazz if me son wasnt in the car that would of went differently dont think im afraid of any ye girls just dont want me face smashed in with a bat cos yas fight like pussy s too wanna ba gansta bitches no sorry more loke spunk buckets used and abused feel sorry for yas because ders onlu one thing yas are good for being d local bikes ha ... yas are all a joy delighted I moved back around here pleasure ! your mothers would be proud!

OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I always called A-C in higher level honours grade. Then a D would be classed as as only a Pass, despite being the higher level paper. Is it to do with the points as a D is 60 points at higher, which is the same as an A in Ordinary?

Off-topic, sorry :pac:

Kovu wrote: »
    I always called A-C in higher level honours grade. Then a D would be classed as as only a Pass, despite being the higher level paper. Is it to do with the points as a D is 60 points at higher, which is the same as an A in Ordinary?

Off-topic, sorry :pac:
    I think you're right, but I'd say it all got a bit confused by some people trying to put a better slant on their results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

Nib wrote: »
    OK.

And sarah see u sticking middle fingers up anal

hon the sarah :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BrainSiege

coolhull wrote: »
    ''Luk wot my lil angle prodused today, 1st tyme in big gurl's potty''

Complete with photo, in glorious Technicolour, of what her 'lil angle' managed to to 'produse'

She got lots of 'likes' and comments like ''Dats so kewt'' and ''dare'll be no stoppin her now''

Straightaway unfriended, obviously

Brilliant! HA HA HA This post made me finally open an account! Thankyou and Please do not unfriend this genius, god knows what will be posted as the child moves through each stage of life!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

BrainSiege wrote: »
    Brilliant! HA HA HA This post made me finally open an account! Thankyou and Please do not unfriend this genius, god knows what will be posted as the child moves through each stage of life!

I can only imagine how today's youth are going to cope with this stuff as they grow up. Cyberbullying is bad enough without adding potty training pictures. So glad none of this shíte was around when I was growing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I can only imagine how today's youth are going to cope with this stuff as they grow up. Cyberbullying is bad enough without adding potty training pictures. So glad none of this shíte was around when I was growing up.

Pun intended?

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

"Wanna say a big congratz to me skin n bliss on the birth of your baby girl Koadylee Roase. proud of ya."

I have no idea if Roase was spelled wrong, but I sincerely hope so.
    Will update further when I know for sure.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

You worry about Roase being spelled wrong but leave Koadylee without comment? :D

inforfun wrote: »
    You worry about Roase being spelled wrong but leave Koadylee without comment? :D

I thought if I ignored it, it wouldn't be real :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I can't wait to suggest that name to my husband later. That's probably the worst I've ever heard!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement