Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

you know your not right in the head ,when you ask the dog what he wants for dinner ,and you look at him for a few seconds like his going to answer .. @ lost the plot haha ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

"11 monthes 2gether on Wednesday :) loved very moment of it & lookin 4ward to wer out love wil take us next .... Love u so much babe miserable without ye and hate seein ye leave ... Ur my everythin babe love u sooooooo much xxxxxxxx"

"Very quite morning nuthin 2 do."

"Trying 2 clean me house leon keeps getting in my way cant get anything done"

'Started Working at Full Time Mommy'
    25 February 2009 - being a mammy

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

"Having New Year's Eve Eve drinks"

No love you're just having drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

U ok hun xoxo

I'll msg you bbz don want it on fcebook xx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

The dog with the slice of ham on his face picture doing the rounds at the moment. A family member (thankfully distant) shared with an "ah bless him, so brave savin de fam frm fire". He's brave alright managing to sit that long without eating the ham!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Before i say wat i do im a big believer in u shouldnt talk bou other kids when u dont now wat yours wil turn out like but wat i cn today turned my stomach yeah we were al kids n done stuff but i never remember me or my friends r anyone of u on here bn so low as wat i cn tonite elderly lady walking her dogs gang of 9 to 12 year olds running round her screaming in her face fighten her n her dogs banging dwn oldpeoples doors n laughing then jumping ou n scaring them half to death then trying to kick a football at my head pushing a 6 month old in which i stopped the ball n rebounded it of his head al because i told them ifthat was ur nan or granda would u like it im ashamed to say i ran over them wit the buggy n if lj hadnt bn wit me it may have bn worse i saw red old people are scared enough without spoiled brats running the roads would you like that done to yours dnt think so street manners so if any you looking for the women that told thew whats wats n rebouding a football at ur kids head look no futher im sure your so so so PROUD thats all

• Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

mackeire wrote: »
    Before i say wat i do im a big believer in u shouldnt talk bou other kids when u dont now wat yours wil turn out like but wat i cn today turned my stomach yeah we were al kids n done stuff but i never remember me or my friends r anyone of u on here bn so low as wat i cn tonite elderly lady walking her dogs gang of 9 to 12 year olds running round her screaming in her face fighten her n her dogs banging dwn oldpeoples doors n laughing then jumping ou n scaring them half to death then trying to kick a football at my head pushing a 6 month old in which i stopped the ball n rebounded it of his head al because i told them ifthat was ur nan or granda would u like it im ashamed to say i ran over them wit the buggy n if lj hadnt bn wit me it may have bn worse i saw red old people are scared enough without spoiled brats running the roads would you like that done to yours dnt think so street manners so if any you looking for the women that told thew whats wats n rebouding a football at ur kids head look no futher im sure your so so so PROUD thats all

While I'm not a fan of her "writing style", I do agree with the sentiment. I'd happily knock the sh1t out of any kids that were acting the fcuk with old people like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The dog with the slice of ham on his face picture doing the rounds at the moment. A family member (thankfully distant) shared with an "ah bless him, so brave savin de fam frm fire". He's brave alright managing to sit that long without eating the ham!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3379254/This-dog-disfigured-trying-save-family-house-fire-Hundreds-people-Facebook-tricked-sharing-photo-dog-ham-face.html

"Send him the last prayer miracle of 2015,bless this dog"....Facepalm for ya fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

U ok hun xoxo

PM me I'm here for u xoxo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Just looking at all the new year updates on my home page.

Didn't realise so many people went 'threw' so much....

Idiots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

GAAman wrote: »
    Just looking at all the new year updates on my home page.

Didn't realise so many people went 'threw' so much....

Idiots

Tell me about it man :mad:

Why is FB suddenly a public diary to talk about your ups and downs of 2015?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

My otherwise rational and intelligent friend is sharing this crap

(Technically, I did "share" within 10 mins of reading - I posted it on here..... Wonder if I'll be a lucky recipient?!?)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Ficheall

nikpmup wrote: »

"GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! This year December has 5 Mondays, 5 Saturdays, and 5 Sundays. This Happens once every 823 years. This is called money bags. So share it and money will arrive within 4 days. Based on Chinese Feng Shui. The one who does not share, will be without money. Share within 11 minutes of reading. Can't hurt so I did it. JUST FOR FUN."

(Technically, I did "share" within 10 mins of reading - I posted it on here..... Wonder if I'll be a lucky recipient?!?)

Must be an old post. The last time it happened was in 2012, the next time it will happen is in 2018.

Then again, the Gregorian calendar is on a 400 year cycle, so depending when you start counting your 400 year cycle, it happens somewhere between once every 6.9 and 7.15 years, so I suppose it's not the least accurate part of the post.

Hope that helps.

Not that I doubt the power of Feng Shui or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

nikpmup wrote: »

Yeah, you'd see this 4-5 times a year. Unless I live in a world where 823 years for me is 4 Earth months and I'm some eternal life godlike creature..

Oh god... I'm destined to see everyone I love die...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Yeah, you'd see this 4-5 times a year. Unless I live in a world where 823 years for me is 4 Earth months and I'm some eternal life godlike creature..

Oh god... I'm destined to see everyone I love die...

What relevant thing are you saying is happening 4-5 times a year? I challenge it :P
    Unless you're talking about seeing stupid posts based on calendar fallacies, in which case....

Ficheall wrote: »
    What relevant thing are you saying is happening 4-5 times a year? I challenge it :P
    Unless you're talking about seeing stupid posts based on calendar fallacies, in which case....

The calendar fallacy. I'm sure I posted here last year, under a different name admittedly, about seeing the same woman share that exact thing twice in five weeks. -.-

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

"Happy new year to everyone exept ISIS And the Apache pizza delivery guy, enjoy :) actually I take that back about the Apache pizza delivery guy, just when I order a pizza at 7 don't bring down a cold burger and garlic dip at half 9"

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

"Happy new year to everyone exept ISIS And the Apache pizza delivery guy, enjoy :) actually I take that back about the Apache pizza delivery guy, just when I order a pizza at 7 don't bring down a cold burger and garlic dip at half 9"
    The extremists in ISIS have a completely different Muslim calendar, and I suspect the pizza delivery guy doesn't give a sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

"May 2015 - Gay marriage allowed. Dec 2015/Jan 2016 - Massive floods. Coincidence ? I think not."

Posted by one of these eucharistic minister people, if she sees you at the shop she'll chastise you for not being at mass the past week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

"Happy Sunday everyone and even though My Mom is not on Facebook a very Happy Birthday to Her"

I guess at least this one is acknowledging the fact that they're wishing happy birthday to someone who can't read it. Sigh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

"May 2015 - Gay marriage allowed. Dec 2015/Jan 2016 - Massive floods. Coincidence ? I think not."

k
    May 2015 - Gay marriage allowed
    June/July 2015 - Beautiful weather.
    Coincidence? Ahh yeah, I'd say so...

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Fame and Demise

coolhull wrote: »

It's no coincidence. A few years ago I saw two lads holding hands. Six months later it rained! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

coolhull wrote: »

June/July brilliant weather? Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Does God's good deeds have a 6 month lead time as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Posted by one of these eucharistic minister people, if she sees you at the shop she'll chastise you for not being at mass the past week

I'd be tempted to ask her what terrible hedonistic disaster happened in the months before the tsunami that wiped out hundreds of thousands of people.

A distant relative just shared a 'Share if you love your kids' message, and her partner responded;
    Why do you keep putting these bull**** posts up?! The kids know they're loved. This is the one thing I hate about facebook, all these ****ty little pictures about sharing if you love your kids!!!!!

She came back with;
    Because I want to ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

'So much to feel grateful for at the lovely age of 27. Amazing hubby, amazing house, absolutely fantastic friends n family xx promotion to manager in work. Fab cars...work hard enough for dem!!! Loving life'

Below the post was a picture of 142 and 152 cars and a newly built house.

I think it's probably the most self congratulatory thing I've read on Facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

'So much to feel grateful for at the lovely age of 27. Amazing hubby, amazing house, absolutely fantastic friends n family xx promotion to manager in work. Fab cars...work hard enough for dem!!! Loving life'

Below the post was a picture of a 142 and 152 cars and a newly built house.

I think it's probably the most self congratulatory thing I've read on Facebook.

I dare you to reply "but the bank manager that owns your house and cars is x age, not 27".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Sure isn't that what FB is all about, if it's not congratulating yourself its seeking attention or a hybrid of both.

I've just seen someone being corrected for not putting an accent è over the name of someone else's baby.

People be cray cray.

Sure isn't that what FB is all about, if it's not congratulating yourself its seeking attention or a hybrid of both.

I've just seen someone being corrected for not putting an accent è over the name of someone else's baby.

People be cray cray.

Used to know someone who freaked out if you had a pet name for her kid. Beth for Bethanie etc.

"Her name is Bethanie not Beth!!"

Her name will be "shut the **** up and sit in the corner" this weekend if you expect me to take care of your damn kid so you can have a break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Neil Issagum

I'm sorry there is a need to post this but sadly we live in harrowing times please read.
    important message from Crime Stoppers, please read this report,
    While driving on a rural end of the roadway on Thursday morning, I saw an infant car seat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it. For whatever reason, I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. But when I got to my destination, I called the Police and they were going to check it out. But, this is what the Police advised even before they went out there to check..."There are several things to be aware of ... Gangs and thieves mostly from Eastern Europe are now plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women)to stop their vehicle and get out of the car.
    "There is a gang initiation reported by the local Police where gangs are placing a car seat by the road...with a fake baby in it...waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the abandoned baby. "Note that the location of this car seat is usually beside a wooded or grassy (field) area and the person -- woman -- will be dragged into the woods, beaten and raped, and usually left for dead. If it's a man, they're usually beaten and robbed and maybe left for dead, too.
    DO NOT STOP FOR ANY REASON!!! DIAL 9-9-9 AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW, BUT DON'T EVEN SLOW DOWN.
    "IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSCREEN, DO NOT STOP TO CHECK THE CAR, DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPER AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER BECAUSE EGGS MIXED WITH WATER BECOME MILKY AND BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%, AND YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THESE CRIMINALS.
    THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS, SO PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES. THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE ARE UNSAVOURY INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT."
    Please talk to your loved ones about this. This is a new tactic used. Please be safe.
    Get started NOW -- SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES TO BE CAREFUL AND AWARE OF EVERYTHING AROUND THEM SO AS NOT TO BECOME A VICTIM.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement