Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

rawn wrote: »
    I cane in here to post some stuff off that page too! Although i do not agree with people sharing that girl's photo album around FB, it's bullying and i don't know why people think it's OK.

Edit: how do you post screenshots from a phone to this?

The first part of this post is literally the polar opposite of the second part.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Pherekydes wrote: »
    If you don't like what I put on here then fuck off. I don't care what people think about someone having a good night. What I find funny is people try to rip me, then send friend's request in inboxes. Hashtag Take control of yourself.

Think they meant they wish they could post the circumstances that caused that status to be posted, not a translation... :o:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Cos thousands of people on facebook are sharing the photos of this girl and slagging her appearance directly to her. Posting anonymous redacted comments here without directly victimising someone is entirely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

rawn wrote: »
    Cos thousands of people on facebook are sharing the photos of this girl and slagging her appearance directly to her. Posting anonymous redacted comments here without directly victimising someone is entirely different.

Well when you post pics like that for the world to see what do you expect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Well when you post pics like that for the world to see what do you expect

I know she shouldn't have posted it, but the bullying on her page is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I hav mi fone in a container o rice , pls god turn back on . Before I hav a heat attack
    Hun it haz 2 b basmatti rice

TWO DAYS LATER...
    Can evrybdy send me der fon nums I broke mi fone an hav a new fone but no fone num 's pls

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

What do you get when you have a cluster f*ck orgy of symptoms?! The perfect storm ⛈ and a trip to Urgent Care - they took �� [blood] & �� [poo]!!!
    I have a VIRAL INFECTION that pissed off my FIBROMYALGIA, the FIBRO f*cked the IBS into high gear, the IBS and a nasty BACTERIAL INFECTION woke up the devil and my DIVERTICULITIS gots me sicker then the Black Plague inside, I'll be on two different types of Antibiotics for the next week!!!
    Thank you XXXX for taking me to Urgent care and Shut Up XXXX I did not get this from being fat and eating too many ???'s!!!* Love Yeah!!! Hahah!!

TMI.

* the ??? is the question mark in a box symbol you find on phone keyboards, but it didn't transfer over. I have no idea what he's on about there!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

gutenberg wrote: »
    TMI.

* the ??? is the question mark in a box symbol you find on phone keyboards, but it didn't transfer over. I have no idea what he's on about there!
    But sure we all love to hear about the medical symptoms of perfect strangers....... don't we?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

coolhull wrote: »
    But sure we all love to hear about the medical symptoms of perfect strangers....... don't we?

Oh yes. And the fact that their friend(s) think they're a fat f*cker :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Neil Issagum

These fukcing things are getting worse

"POLICE WARNING!! Police Warning Ladies: If you are a female, take heed! If you are male and have a significant female in your life who you care about, whether it's your wife, your girlfriend, your daughter, your sister, your niece, your cousin, your next door neighbor; whomever..............pass this along! Always, "Be...tter safe than sorry!" A man came over and offered his services as a painter to a female putting gas in her car and left his card. She said no, but accepted his card out of courtesy and got in her car. The man then got into a car driven by another gentleman. As the lady left the service station, she saw the men following her out of the station at the same time. Almost immediately, she started to feel dizzy and could not catch her breath. She tried to open the window and realized that the odor was on her hand; the same hand which accepted the card from the gentleman at the gas station.
    She then noticed the men were immediately behind her and she felt she needed to do something at that moment. She drove into the first driveway and began to honk her horn repeatedly to ask for help. The men drove away but the lady still felt pretty bad for several minutes after she could finally catch her breath. Apparently, there was a substance on the card that could have seriously injured her. This drug is called 'BURUNDANGA' and it is used by people who wish to incapacitate a victim in order to steal from or take advantage of them. This drug is four times more dangerous than the date rape drug and is transferable on simple cards. So take heed and make sure you don't accept cards at any given time you are alone or from someone on the streets. This applies to those making house calls and slipping you a card when they offer their services. PLEASE SEND THIS E-MAIL ALERT!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

This drug is called 'BURUNDANGA'

I love the made up drug name. I'm just picturing some lad in an alley asking for "a birra burundanga"

There was one about colourful meth crystals being given out around Halloween disguised as candy.

I often wonder if I just made up one of these could I get it to spread?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,184 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

JustShon wrote: »
    I love the made up drug name. I'm just picturing some lad in an alley asking for "a birra burundanga"

There was one about colourful meth crystals being given out around Halloween disguised as candy.

I often wonder if I just made up one of these could I get it to spread?

It's a real drug. Documentary about it here https://youtu.be/ToQ8PWYnu04

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Yep.... aka Scopolamine

Scopolamine often blown into faces of victims or added to drinks
    Within minutes, victims are like 'zombies' - coherent, but with no free will
    Some victims report emptying bank accounts to robbers or helping them pillage own house
    Drug is made from borrachero tree, which is common in Colombia

PARlance wrote: »

Fair enough. I'll give it a watch later.

inforfun wrote: »
    Yep.... aka Scopolamine

Scopolamine often blown into faces of victims or added to drinks
    Within minutes, victims are like 'zombies' - coherent, but with no free will
    Some victims report emptying bank accounts to robbers or helping them pillage own house
    Drug is made from borrachero tree, which is common in Colombia
    Still, I can't see it happening to the person who shared it or any of her friends during their weekly trip to the post office in Mullingar

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Still, I can't see it happening to the person who shared it or any of her friends during their weekly trip to the post office in Mullingar

Yeah I wouldn't be worried unless you're backpacking in South America.

Oh no. me neither. Certainly not on an epidemic scale as described in that facebook thing and at the same time nowhere in the news.

But 1 part of that story is for sure not made up, the drug name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

The story is patently bullshít though. Snopes is always your friend with these.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/burundanga.asp
    The account speculates the business card passed to the woman at the gas station had been imbued with burundanga, an extract of the datura plant (typically found in Colombia) which contains alkaloids such as scopolamine (the "Devil's Breath" of the May 2012 e-mailed alert) and atropine. However, burundanga has no scent (or flavor), so even a card saturated with it wouldn't be described as producing a "strong odor." As well, this drug needs to be swallowed or inhaled if it is to have the effect described here; mere incidental tactile contact with an item permeated by it wouldn't deliver a sufficient quantity to the intended victim's system.

Burundanga is said to render its ingesters into disoriented zombies (awake and talkative but powerless to resist orders) and is believed to be used by robbers and rapists in Colombia to render potential victims tractable. It is sometimes termed a "zombie powder" and is regarded as a date rape drug. At higher doses, the drug can cause disorientation, memory loss, hallucinations, and convulsion, and its effects can last for days. Burundanga-drugged victims have reportedly been found days after they've gone missing, wandering aimlessly with no clear idea of what happened to them. Those under its influence have been known to empty their bank accounts, and even to act as drug mules. Typically, the drug is slipped into the food or drink of intended victims, or is packed into cigarettes or sticks of gum which are then offered to the targets.

There is controversy as to how much of their free will victims ultimately surrender under the drug's sway. While there is little dispute that datura alkaloids do cause significant disorientation, there are those who believe burundanga's supposed "brainwashing" effects are better understood in terms of disinhibition which causes people to act in ways they later regret.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,184 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

The story is patently bullshít though. Snopes is always your friend with these.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/burundanga.asp

I don't need Snopes to tell me if a story like that is real or not. I was merely pointing out that it's a real drug.

I don't need Snopes to tell me if a story like that is real or not. I was merely pointing out that it's a real drug.

I was falling into the trap of assuming that ALL of a post like that is bullsh*t instead of it being just MOSTLY bullsh*t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

JustShon wrote: »
    I was falling into the trap of assuming that ALL of a post like that is bullsh*t instead of it being just MOSTLY bullsh*t

There's usually a bit of truth in them. Women do go to petrol stations. Sometimes people hand out business cards. Email exists. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Larry Murphy's back apparently, dear god people will share any old ****e on facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Larry Murphy's back apparently, dear god people will share any old ****e on facebook

He´s not back is he !! ?? :eek: jesus where ???

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

He´s not back is he !! ?? :eek: jesus where ???
    Everywhere. But mainly on Facebook.

He has the ability to appear in multiple locations around Ireland within minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

He has the ability to appear in multiple locations around Ireland within minutes

He must have a loyalty card for Centra. He has been in every Centra by now I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

friend just checked into Palmerstown cemetery

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

anewme wrote:

Novel way of "Hope u ok hun"s

anewme wrote: »

Someone left his phone in his coffin?

https://media.giphy.com/media/26tP5FCqtV6enXe3S/giphy.gif

• Advertisement