Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Touching tribute
    Fella from Harry Potter died, severus snape, rip. Sorry don't no your real name. You wher the best defense against the dark arts teacher hogwarts had ever seen :"( Harry and the bois will be snappin.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

via4 wrote: »
    Dat council is a ****in joke I have to wait a week for someone to come out and look at d heating and if it's d boiler it will take 3 weeks we will freeze to death it's warmer outside ffs

Then the solution should be obvious :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I'm an Alan Rickman and a Bowie fan, but this status one of my good friends posted bothers me, and not just because I want to know how she can state categorically that his portrayal of Devalera was so accurate...

"Ok seriously WHY is there so much attention and tributes for David Bowie and not half as much for Alan Rickman???? No disrespect to his fans and legacy etc but come on! Alan Rickman was the one of the greatest British actors of all time. Both of them passed away this week but it's all about Bowie. So dam sick of it! Amongst Alan's multiple fantastic roles.......He portrayed with 100% accuracy Ireland ' s greatest 20th century historical figure - Dev!! But who cares right? It's all about rock 'n' roll."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

TG1 wrote: »
    "But who cares right? It's all about rock 'n' roll."

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Interestingly there's been a lot more on my wall about Rickman than Bowie on my wall since Rickman died so I don't see what she's talking about.

Do we really need competitions on who gets the most attention on Facebook after their death though? I hate that stuff. It really shows up the fairweather fans. It can get so ridiculously OTT.

Disclaimer: As a huge Harry Potter fan I did post a short status and shared some particularly photos about him and I did also share a fantastic acapella version of Mercury and Bowie singing Under Pressure so I don't pretend to be totally innocent either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

TG1 wrote: »
    I'm an Alan Rickman and a Bowie fan, but this status one of my good friends posted bothers me, and not just because I want to know how she can state categorically that his portrayal of Devalera was so accurate...

"Ok seriously WHY is there so much attention and tributes for David Bowie and not half as much for Alan Rickman???? No disrespect to his fans and legacy etc but come on! Alan Rickman was the one of the greatest British actors of all time. Both of them passed away this week but it's all about Bowie. So dam sick of it! Amongst Alan's multiple fantastic roles.......He portrayed with 100% accuracy Ireland ' s greatest 20th century historical figure - Dev!! But who cares right? It's all about rock 'n' roll."

Is it historical fact that DeV was pissing his pants while hiding behind a bale of hay? I'm not 100% on it myself. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Interestingly there's been a lot more on my wall about Rickman than Bowie on my wall since Rickman died so I don't see what she's talking about.

Do we really need competitions on who gets the most attention on Facebook after their death though? I hate that stuff. It really shows up the fairweather fans. It can get so ridiculously OTT.

Disclaimer: As a huge Harry Potter fan I did post a short status and shared some particularly photos about him and I did also share a fantastic acapella version of Mercury and Bowie singing Under Pressure so I don't pretend to be totally innocent either.

I put up three posts on Bowie, one was Life on Mars with a short status on how much he meant to me, two others were a really good article on Under Pressure and a gif showing all his transformations, without any commentary. So yeah totally not innocent either!

This whole "YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HIM!" ****e is annoying tho. Let people post what they want, you're allowed to feel sad.

Just because I felt more strongly about Bowie dying, doesn't make me a bad person!

Although my friend posted some lines from Oh You Pretty Things "all the nightmares came today..." And some of her friends thought she was vaguebooking and she got a few "u ok hun" type comments :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

nikpmup wrote: »
    "It's been so long gone and between I was a baby when I lost my mother

id give everyday and night
    every and every penny and my own eyesight
    to see that women again
    the day she fell
    I learned to spell
    I miss you so much
    my only discipline angel drive
    someday I'll arrive"

I'd love to know what a discipline angel drive is?!

Pure poetry :D...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Kovu wrote: »
    Could she mean disciple? I'm intrigued by 'the day she fell, I learned to spell', did the mother fall over an unused dictionary or something?

:D.

That line intrigued me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Karmella wrote: »
    Ha ha brilliant, I'm intrigued as to what a KFC looking tramp is supposed to look like :D

Maybe she has a greasy box?:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Shared by a typical Imelda...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

The Bill ones were funny initially but there are so many of them it's getting old fast

I like this one

I thought this was funny too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

i kinda feel like i must share dis wit my mates n family nall yee hommies an 1 who csnt b named for private reasons lol im feelin so happy in my self all day n iv got good news cumin an plenty good times ahead by me ,,bet certain ppl wud love 2have stuck rnd a bita lnger n itd crack d nail on d head me other half is here ther an alwaz was der anyhow rant over happeniss keep coming as il keep going,,,im jus movin about my way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

^^ What d'ya bet she's up the duff with her first baby by her partner who was accused of cheating on her/tumultuous relationship that has been aired all over her FB page. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

ivytwine wrote: »
    Although my friend posted some lines from Oh You Pretty Things "all the nightmares came today..." And some of her friends thought she was vaguebooking and she got a few "u ok hun" type comments :D

That's a new one for me, had to google it.

some **** tryed gettin on my page by tryna keep puttin in my password but facebook blocked it bacause it was some1 in england an they new it wasnt me tryna log in, sneaks wit 2 legs around hum ? tink im slow ya didnt leve me guessin ,not like i no loads of people in london or near it, better look next time ul never guess my new password so goodluk ya muppit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Samsgirl wrote: »
    i kinda feel like i must share dis wit my mates n family nall yee hommies an 1 who csnt b named for private reasons lol im feelin so happy in my self all day n iv got good news cumin an plenty good times ahead by me ,,bet certain ppl wud love 2have stuck rnd a bita lnger n itd crack d nail on d head me other half is here ther an alwaz was der anyhow rant over happeniss keep coming as il keep going,,,im jus movin about my way
    Samsgirl wrote: »
    some **** tryed gettin on my page by tryna keep puttin in my password but facebook blocked it bacause it was some1 in england an they new it wasnt me tryna log in, sneaks wit 2 legs around hum ? tink im slow ya didnt leve me guessin ,not like i no loads of people in london or near it, better look next time ul never guess my new password so goodluk ya muppit

My head hurts after those, they are the hardest posts I have ever read.

Both by the same genius!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

• Registered Users Posts: 9,213 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Somebody on my list has just "come out" as "otherkin" and wants people to use "they" as pronouns when talking about them.

Something to do with them believing that they were someone else in a past life and... yeah... I tried arguing the point with them but in the end I just gave up and chalked it down to this person starting to develop a mental illness.

"Stay off tumblr buddy."

MrVestek wrote: »
    Somebody on my list has just "come out" as "otherkin" and wants people to use "they" as pronouns when talking about them.

Something to do with them believing that they were someone else in a past life and... yeah... I tried arguing the point with them but in the end I just gave up and chalked it down to this person starting to develop a mental illness.

"Stay off tumblr buddy."

Somebody cool and powerful no doubt. -.-

The Amazing Atheist has started to take the piss out of this lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Otherkin = fcuking moron

• Registered Users Posts: 9,213 ✭✭✭MrVestek

No guys he's like... totes not human.

Thing is he's a poor naive impressionable child who will cringe SO HARD at this in a few years time. I told him so too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

to who ever come to my house and stole meat from my freeza while i was out you better bring back my baby's placenta's back you peice of ****!!!!!!!!have the meat and choke for all i care but taking placentas!!! ****in hardup pigs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Habe d best feance 8n d world cookimg me a sassage egg nd bean sambo ur d beat i i love u mean so much to me nd ur kids ****** nd ****** we b loat wit out u.💜💙💜

:confused:

• Advertisement

Dancor wrote: »
    :confused:

I couldn't write that if I tried!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement