Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,257 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone see those 'study suggests babysitting your grandkids is good for ur health' articles

Pure bolexe and annoyance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Anyone see those 'study suggests babysitting your grandkids is good for ur health' articles

Pure bolexe and annoyance
    Ah, that was written by someone trying to persuade their parents to help them save on childcare costs! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,257 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

There's a new facebook challenge

The motherhood challenge

Post 5 pictures which shows ur a good mother

**** off lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

PTH2009 wrote:
    There's a new facebook challenge

The motherhood challenge

Post 5 pictures which shows ur a good mother

**** off lol

Plot twist: Good mothers don't post photos of their kids on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

rawn wrote: »
    Plot twist: Good mothers don't post photos of their kids on Facebook

I wonder how many people sharing that "good mother challenge" also shared this? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

"A guy sends you a friend request. You don’t know him, but he’s got a cute profile picture, so you accept his friend request.
    It’s your baby girl’s first day of school. She looks SO cute in her new outfit you just have to take a picture and put it on Facebook so all your friends and family can see.
    You’re so excited dropping her off that you ‘Check in’ to her school on FB saying
    ‘I can’t believe how big she’s gotten. Time sure flies. One proud momma/daddy right here’.
    Meanwhile, the mystery guy whose friend request you hurriedly accepted earlier this morning is saving that picture you posted of your daughter in her cute new outfit to his phone and texting it to 60 other grown men across the world with the caption –

‘American Female. Age 5.
    Brown Hair. Black Eyes.
    $5,000-‘.
    Not only did you provide a picture of your little girl to a child trafficker, you’ve handed him the name and exact location of her school on a silver cyber platter.
    You go to pick her up at 3:00 this afternoon, but she’s nowhere to be found.
    Little do you know, your precious baby girl was sold to a 43 years old pedophile before you even stepped foot off campus this morning, and now she’s on her way to South Africa with a bag over her head, confused, terrified and crying because a man she’s never seen before picked her up from school, and now she doesn’t know where her parents are, where she’s going, or what’s gonna happen to her.
    STOP ADDING STRANGERS ON FACEBOOK
    and
    STOP
    posting everything about your life on Facebook.
    Avoid keeping children’s pictures as profile picture.
    Please SHARE it for the sake of all kids and parents."

Jesus H Christ !!!

Who the F*ck ...

a . Thinks up this SH*T
    b. Believes THIS SH*T!!!

although I agree with the "Stop adding stangers, and stop posting your kids pics online" but this method ... f*ck me social media is moronic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Jesus H Christ !!!

Who the F*ck ...

a . Thinks up this SH*T
    b. Believes THIS SH*T!!!

although I agree with the "Stop adding stangers, and stop posting your kids pics online" but this method ... f*ck me social media is moronic.

Amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Neil Issagum

Has anyone noticed this new thing where people take to Facebook to announce to the world how happy they are with their new carpet / fitted kitchen / wedding dress etc

Do they get a discount for mentioning the company or something?

I saw a fairly ridiculous one today. "Actually couldn't be happier with our new fuse board" accompanied by before & after pics of the fuseboard and singing the praises of the electrician

I can just imagine this woman now settling down with a cup of tea to watch big brother, unable to keep the smile off her face thinking about her new fuseboard. I wonder have the neighbours been invited around to see it yet

http://imgur.com/a/Ujq8V

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Has anyone noticed this new thing where people take to Facebook to announce to the world how happy they are with their new carpet / fitted kitchen / wedding dress etc

I saw a fairly ridiculous one today. "Actually couldn't be happier with our new fuse board" accompanied by before & after pics of the fuseboard and singing the praises of the electrician

I can just imagine this woman now settling down with a cup of tea to watch big brother, unable to keep the smile off her face thinking about her new fuseboard. I wonder have the neighbours been invited around to see it yet

This is brilliant. A new kitchen I could understand, but a fuse board!!!!

I'm getting a new front door soon. Will have to post some pics up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

I can't be the only person who has started to get these types of invites and has been added to group pages for selling and buying branded products because a friend of a friend has joined these companies and is selling door to door or throwing parties/events just so people can buy these products. The competition statuses are the worst of all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Fame and Demise

All these of me being completely neutral about my own fuseboard, now I'm wondering if there's something I've been missing out on. To be honest, and I hate to admit it, but I've only ever given it attention when the trip switch needs resetting.

It's the new craze. I was thinking of getting my fuseboard encrusted with diamantes and a big gold MK Michael Korrs logo

On a related note, whoever this Michael Korr chap is I'd say he's raging now his brand has been hijacked by the full time yummy mummy brigade. A bit like the English chavs with Burberry now any normal person wouldn't be caught dead wearing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

It's the new craze. I was thinking of getting my fuseboard encrusted with diamantes and a big gold MK Michael Korrs logo

Whaddya know... search for xzibit and fuse box and there IS a meme. No photos of a fuse box with a spoiler and remote control (lamborghini style) door opening though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Well... to be fair... it looks like that fuseboard ties that place together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

a whole page

Irish,Republican and Proud

their post (and comments) on terry wogan's passing has to be seen to be believed.
    I couldn't believe myself such insular moronic fools still existed in ireland almost 20 years since the good friday agreement.

arayess wrote: »
    a whole page

Irish,Republican and Proud

their post (and comments) on terry wogan's passing has to be seen to be believed.
    I couldn't believe myself such insular moronic fools still existed in ireland almost 20 years since the good friday agreement.

Ah stick up a screenie !!!

editing out personal details obviously ..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Ah, basically it's all about Wogan being a Thatcherite West Brit that betrayed his own people and will burn in hell. You know, the usual stuff that gets said when someone passes away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Tbh - it be very hard...

there is a poem written about Sir Terry that needs to be seen...

anyway comments 147 - so here is one or two
    He took the soup with a big spoon , He loved the torys, he loved Mrs Thatcher, he idolised the Royal Family , he turned his back on his religion
    I don't like to hear of anybody dying but this old bastard took a knighthood from the same people who were responsible...(list of bad stuff)...Tory loving wanker
    why didn't they bury this disgusting traitor alive in the same coffin with the so called charming lady who was nothing more than a wretched ****?
    Friends with Thatcher must have been mates with Saville too...Sellout to his own

and so forth for 147 comments...

riveting in a car crash kinda manner...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Wow never would have expected there were people who disliked him like that. I guess those people dislike everyone though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

The people who comment on that page have a warped sense of reality.
    Either that or they are not mentally right in the head.

It's one massive echo chamber. Scary really.

I often pop onto the "A call for a Revolution in Ireland" facebook page for a bit of entertainment.
    The comments are cringe worthy. People will believe any guff you tell them, as long as you include a picture of minions or use the terms "banksters", "parasites" or "sheeple". Be sure to use capital letters to drive your point home.

arayess wrote: »
    Tbh - it be very hard...

there is a poem written about Sir Terry that needs to be seen...

anyway comments 147 - so here is one or two

rabble rabble rabble ..

and so forth for 147 comments...

riveting in a car crash kinda manner...

Jesus thats disgusting ..

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Ogogo

Probably best to not feed the bigots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

jimmii wrote: »
    Wow never would have expected there were people who disliked him like that. I guess those people dislike everyone though.

The best is some woman who claims she showed her son the poem to teach him about history after he questioned her about Grefiti he saw

Dup post :S

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I imagine they are the same people who went dancing on the streets when Thatcher died, people living in their own bubble away from reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

siblers wrote: »
    I imagine they are the same people who went dancing on the streets when Thatcher died, people living in their own bubble away from reality.
    Bet they won't stop wearing their Man U jerseys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Bet they won't stop wearing their Man U jerseys!

In the same comments section several of them are criticising Wogan for his views on the Hillsborough disaster and stating "justice for the 92".

To say these people are stupid is an insult to stupid people.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

The best is some woman who claims she showed her son the poem to teach him about history
    Did it not occur to her to maybe buy her son a history book, or turn on the History Channel instead of the Jeremy Kyle Show?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

coolhull wrote: »
    Did it not occur to her to maybe buy her son a history book, or turn on the History Channel instead of the Jeremy Kyle Show?

It is a tough choice to teach a kid either history or their future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement