Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

If you think you have seen bs on fb please join this group its unreal.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1578640039043129

Its called the debatables but they do anything but debate

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bridgettedon

Saw one person post a photo with some yogurt on their chin. The tag line was its just yogurt I swear. The insinuation was that it resembled something more sinister. I still nearly vomit when I think of it. A respectable looking woman who was far from a teenager.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,318 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I still nearly vomit when I think of it.

That would be pretty much the same pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

You think in time people would grow up but then there's alway one proves you wrong . Love cause trouble . Leporyeds don't change there spots. Pity people are stupit enough to fall for it .

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

"haf take go to doc dis morn, Fkn assma, cant hartily breed"

Or, indeed, spell.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

coolhull wrote: »

Or, indeed, spell.....

Itz feerse hard tryin 2 get enuff kidz for da free hous if your 2 busy wheezin wen you shud b ridin.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Easca Peasca

You notice people get so worked up over what side your going to take in the newest voting fad, but seem to completely overlook the hundred of children starving, or the homeless freezing to death on the streets or the massive depression and suicide rate of young people at the moment, or single parents struggling to bring up there children, or the government taking there children off them because they have to work two or three jobs in order to support and put there kids through school yet there being "neglected", but that's OK let's not upset anyone, like its a democracy but as long as those views are the same as the loudest and largest group in the room, God forbid you might say something that'll upset someone. Can't have anyone being sad, even though ideas of right and wrong views are just a reflections of the time. Not that these groups are wrong I just think there better and far more important problems that need addressing.. Like oh you changed your status and put and X on a piece of paper, well done gold star to you, your so revolutionary.. Yet you'll walk past and look down on homeless, or gossip about the second hand clothes someone is wearing because that is all they can afford, or you'll go to a pub and spend hundreds of euro on a selfish substance and not even consider that you could use that money to suppost a starving child, but hey no one had to hear mean things, no ones sad, your not selfish at all after all why should you do anything like its all OK everyone's doing it, don't mind this this is just nonsense isn't it, let your brain justify it to yourself, after all you hit like and changes your status, here have some grass, good little sheep "baaahh"...
    I wanted to comment, but I've read it 3 times now and still can't fathom what point he's trying to make. No shocker that the same lad also had a man-bun.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I wanted to comment, but I've read it 3 times now and still can't fathom what point he's trying to make. No shocker that the same lad also had a man-bun.

I think he's trying to drown in irony

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Perhaps you should comment that, per his accusation that people are spending 'hundreds' on a selfish substance, his spending on hair products for the man bun would probably also support a 'starving child' :p

^^
    So thesolution to the country's problems is not to vote at all? How would that improve things?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Or, indeed, spell.....

Hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I think this post sums up the entire thread:

*Facebook piss offs:

1) Men pouting in photos, girls look ridiculous enough, but lads....****ing stop it.

2) Girls with Ming from Flash Gordon eyebrows. Eyebrows are meant to deflect water from your eyes, they are NOT supposed to have corners....

3) People who write billy big bollocks statuses like...."to the man in the shop who just stood on my toe, it's a good job u had ur kids with u or I'd have knocked u out!" Or "to the woman in the green corsa who cut me up earlier then smiled at me at the lights, it's a good job the lights changed cos I was gonna get out and kick u square in the minge!".... Firstly they won't see that status because you don’t know them, secondly, why are you making out like you’d show any aggression towards them? You clearly said absolutely nothing to them, then ran home to write a status about what you would have done if you had some bollocks....

4) 30+ year old men describing good things as "sick"... Grow up...

5) Young people using Americanisms, like.. "We got a cab home and made out.." No mate, you fingered her in a taxi....

6) "New hair" posts...it’s not ****ing new hair, it's your same old hair just shorter and laced with chemicals to make it the same colour as whichever pretty celeb you’re trying to copy... And by the way, she looks nice with red hair...you look like a tool.

7) Overnight nutritionists...I'm glad you recently discovered health and fitness 4 months ago, but knowing that chicken and rice is good clean food, doesn't mean you should post pics of your 8 prepped meals online every morning and preach how we should all be eating just that. Some of us like pizza thanks! **** off!!

8) People who post updates like "what time does the co-op open?" You clearly have internet access... Google it you ****ing cabbage!!!

9) THIS!!!! Status: "completely devastated"
    What's up babe?
    U ok Hun?
    What's happened?
    "I've inboxed you...."
    You nob....that’s all.

10) Pics of girls legs in the bath, just short of their tuppence...just pack it in, you attention seeking whore. The post isn't about… "peace at last"... It's about, "I'm naked and gagging for c**k, inbox me"."

I think this post sums up the entire thread:

*Facebook piss offs:

1) Men pouting in photos, girls look ridiculous enough, but lads....****ing stop it.

2) Girls with Ming from Flash Gordon eyebrows. Eyebrows are meant to deflect water from your eyes, they are NOT supposed to have corners....

3) People who write billy big bollocks statuses like...."to the man in the shop who just stood on my toe, it's a good job u had ur kids with u or I'd have knocked u out!" Or "to the woman in the green corsa who cut me up earlier then smiled at me at the lights, it's a good job the lights changed cos I was gonna get out and kick u square in the minge!".... Firstly they won't see that status because you don’t know them, secondly, why are you making out like you’d show any aggression towards them? You clearly said absolutely nothing to them, then ran home to write a status about what you would have done if you had some bollocks....

4) 30+ year old men describing good things as "sick"... Grow up...

5) Young people using Americanisms, like.. "We got a cab home and made out.." No mate, you fingered her in a taxi....

6) "New hair" posts...it’s not ****ing new hair, it's your same old hair just shorter and laced with chemicals to make it the same colour as whichever pretty celeb you’re trying to copy... And by the way, she looks nice with red hair...you look like a tool.

7) Overnight nutritionists...I'm glad you recently discovered health and fitness 4 months ago, but knowing that chicken and rice is good clean food, doesn't mean you should post pics of your 8 prepped meals online every morning and preach how we should all be eating just that. Some of us like pizza thanks! **** off!!

8) People who post updates like "what time does the co-op open?" You clearly have internet access... Google it you ****ing cabbage!!!

9) THIS!!!! Status: "completely devastated"
    What's up babe?
    U ok Hun?
    What's happened?
    "I've inboxed you...."
    You nob....that’s all.

10) Pics of girls legs in the bath, just short of their tuppence...just pack it in, you attention seeking whore. The post isn't about… "peace at last"... It's about, "I'm naked and gagging for c**k, inbox me"."

^^
    Would I be correct in thinking that those types of posts annoy you slightly, Rawn?!
    I promise you, you're not on your own in that...

^^
    Would I be correct in thinking that those types of posts annoy you slightly, Rawn?!
    I promise you, you're not on your own in that...

I didn't write it, it's a copy/paste from Facebook but yes, every one of them annoys me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

rawn wrote: »
    I didn't write it, it's a copy/paste from Facebook but yes, every one of them annoys me! :D

And lots and lots of recipes at 60x speed

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Yeah, that got old REAL quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Oh my word. Are people still using sh*book? Bunch a ungaellas flamin dis da bird ripe sour ass. Don talk dirty abou me behind my back again gud 4 nuffin toe rags.

"Sure,I heard *name* is a Whitch with one extremely well made and detailed false eye and with it she can tell the future, eh hur eh hur eh hurrr " said no one else ever. *name* You Freaky Sexy Goddess. May I Make Some Surcy Surcy Sax with you? Would you be game for a wiggle? No? Perhaps a quickie and some sort rizzlers? No? Don't smoke? How aboot some...Oh! You're married? I was about to let rip with a "Let! Us! Farrrqhuhu!!!!"

rawn wrote: »
    "Sure,I heard *name* is a Whitch with one extremely well made and detailed false eye and with it she can tell the future, eh hur eh hur eh hurrr " said no one else ever. *name* You Freaky Sexy Goddess. May I Make Some Surcy Surcy Sax with you? Would you be game for a wiggle? No? Perhaps a quickie and some sort rizzlers? No? Don't smoke? How aboot some...Oh! You're married? I was about to let rip with a "Let! Us! Farrrqhuhu!!!!"

Telpis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I think they're great. I get to find out so much quicker about the stuff I'm never going to bother cooking...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Oh my word. Are people still using sh*book? Bunch a ungaellas flamin dis da bird ripe sour ass. Don talk dirty abou me behind my back again gud 4 nuffin toe rags.

Anybody able to translate this for me please. My brain is in a go-slow this morning and I can't translate scobe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

I see the "Business card soaked in debilitating substance approach" status is making a comeback.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

GAAman wrote: »
    I see the "Business card soaked in debilitating substance approach" status is making a comeback.

Do go on, I'm lost?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

El Weirdo wrote: »

This, literally this. As in a copy and paste of the snopes text word for word

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

AIDS injected fruit...

Really queen?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Or, indeed, spell.....

You know what worries me is, I read that, and understood it, first time around. I spend too much time on this thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

Not quite a status, but Facebook stupidity all the same.

A childhood friend has started a new "business" page on facebook.

He's selling watches & bracelets - the page and branding look the part, but the first day I saw them I thought to myself "those look like cheap chinese crap with a custom logo". Sure enough, within 30 seconds of searching on aliexpress I found the exact watches for $10 (which he is selling for £59) and bracelets for $0.96 (no price for him yet). Didn't even have the cop to change the pictures from the chinese site.

Page has quite a following at this stage, with lots waiting for the watches to go on sale in March. Majority being friends/family which is why it doesn't sit right with me.

Dilemma is - do I rumble him?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

maximoose wrote: »
    Page has quite a following at this stage, with lots waiting for the watches to go on sale in March. Majority being friends/family which is why it doesn't sit right with me.

Dilemma is - do I rumble him?

Absolutely, you wouldn't want to see your friends/family members conned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement