Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

maximoose wrote: »
    Not quite a status, but Facebook stupidity all the same.

A childhood friend has started a new "business" page on facebook.

He's selling watches & bracelets - the page and branding look the part, but the first day I saw them I thought to myself "those look like cheap chinese crap with a custom logo". Sure enough, within 30 seconds of searching on aliexpress I found the exact watches for $10 (which he is selling for £59) and bracelets for $0.96 (no price for him yet). Didn't even have the cop to change the pictures from the chinese site.

Page has quite a following at this stage, with lots waiting for the watches to go on sale in March. Majority being friends/family which is why it doesn't sit right with me.

Dilemma is - do I rumble him?

Thats some serious mark up! I found a necklace in Temple Bar that was <$1 from AE selling for €18 it really annoyed me!!

I wouldn't publicly out them but I would just let friends and family know so they don't go wasting their money.

Are you 100% sure they are the exact same watch and not just the same design? Some times they will use the same pictures on there but the materials can vary massively it could be that he is going to be stocking a watch with the same design but with higher quality materials being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

100%. They are generic knock offs of a designer brand (which itself was controversial as it was shown they were made for peanuts and sold for $$$)

I've told all my fam/close friends that they are cheap crap and we are having a good laugh about it at the moment, but when they go on sale and I see mutual friends buying them I know it's gonna piss me off greatly :pac:

100%. They are generic knock offs of a designer brand (which itself was controversial as it was shown they were made for peanuts and sold for $$$)

I've told all my fam/close friends that they are cheap crap and we are having a good laugh about it at the moment, but when they go on sale and I see mutual friends buying them I know it's gonna piss me off greatly :pac:

The mark up on most things is a lot bigger than most people would think but when you're offering something that consumers can buy themselves for that much less then thats just taking the piss!

Its amazing how cheap they are able to produce that sort of thing in China! £59 for a watch seems like nothing so not surprising people are willing to buy from him.

Are you allowed to link us to the $10 watch so we can see what sort of tat you're talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

these are the kind of watches

• Registered Users Posts: 28,007 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I had a feeling that's what you were going to link to.

My Girlfriend bought 3 of these before Christmas and you'd swear they are made of paper.

There is no weight to them whatsoever and the Gold/rose gold finish wears off after a while. They also come in a little piece of clear plastic.

It hardly screams quality and anyone who's pays €60 for them would want their heads examined :D

• Advertisement

Can only imagine what they are like!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I've told all my fam/close friends that they are cheap crap
    and we are having a good laugh about it at the moment, but when they go on sale and I see mutual friends buying them I know it's gonna piss me off greatly :pac:
    You need the people you've warned to tell their family and friends. Eventually the scammer might get the message. Or better still, post the above link on his/her message page.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Thats hilarious one of those watches is 3.88 with a band , the band sells separately at 2.11 it is worth more than the watch !!

Your friend must be upgrading the bands to leather or something which moves the price up significantly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

So happy with my new car :) Welcome to the family "Django" Time for you to become Unchained !!

Accompanied by photos of a scroat-mobile

"raisin childrun now a daze is a reel shalenge"

Whereas spelling is no bother at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Homeopath Internet Sensation:
    "There is a natural drift out of Old Stuff to make way for the new people and experiences that you will attract that will be more aligned with who you are becoming."

Thomas:
    "Thanks for your kind words. Do you believe in a turning point? Or a smooth transition?

Homeopath:
    "It can be either Thomas. Sometimes there's something big that happens in your life and you re-evaluate your life and relationships and the like and sometimes you naturally drift away from people or situations. It depends on the circumstances individuals are in x"

Thomas:
    "Thanks for your reply. I was talking about the shift though. I feel it more and more and was wondering what was coming next."

Clear as mud. Poor Thomas. Thankfully this snake oil salesmen is selling discounted entry to her 30 day 'Energy Program'. Hopefully Thomas can draw on some positive energy from a bunch of rocks and then all will be clear. All for just 225 dollars!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

But Thomas is talking about the shift. He hasn't had it in ages. His poor balls are going blue on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Fame and Demise

Homeopath Internet Sensation:
    "There is a natural drift out of Old Stuff to make way for the new people and experiences that you will attract that will be more aligned with who you are becoming."

Thomas:
    "Thanks for your kind words. Do you believe in a turning point? Or a smooth transition?

Homeopath:
    "It can be either Thomas. Sometimes there's something big that happens in your life and you re-evaluate your life and relationships and the like and sometimes you naturally drift away from people or situations. It depends on the circumstances individuals are in x"

Thomas:
    "Thanks for your reply. I was talking about the shift though. I feel it more and more and was wondering what was coming next."

Clear as mud. Poor Thomas. Thankfully this snake oil salesmen is selling discounted entry to her 30 day 'Energy Program'. Hopefully Thomas can draw on some positive energy from a bunch of rocks and then all will be clear. All for just 225 dollars!!

I feel genuinely sad for him for having to turn to homeopathy. Don't give up on astrology, feng shui, pyramid power and healing stones just yet, Thomas! Maybe even give voodoo a chance or visit a witch doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

For the day that's in it :

http://imgur.com/9WVrzwG

"4 fks sake, y do I bodder?"

After a few "u OK hon" "pm me" and"whassup pet" she reveals her terrible dilemma
    "me fella in Parse 4 de rubgy mach, mist de flite home, n me after bookin a Valuntyne daze lunch"

One eminently wise girl did post to her -
    " The children of Syria would love to have your problems"

This sensible post, in turn, was followed up by a load of "don't mined dat wan, hon" and a few "h8ers gonna h8" and even one "shur dat one wudnt no wot to do on a d8 anny ways"

Going with "daze" is truly shocking I hope these people never think that home schooling their kids might be a good idea. The various versions of Valentines has been bad but I guess not surprising unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

âŒâŒâŒâŒ Urgent âŒâŒâŒâŒ
    All the accounts are being hacked. The profile picture and your name are used to create a new Facebook account. Then they want your friends to add them, your friends think it's you and accept. From this moment, the pirates can write what they want under your name!! ..... Please do not accept a 2nd invitation from me!! Copy this message on your wall to warn your friends!
    Do not share. Make a copy and paste this message.
    Just in case, protect your accounts!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

rawn wrote: »
    âŒâŒâŒâŒ Urgent âŒâŒâŒâŒ
    All the accounts are being hacked. The profile picture and your name are used to create a new Facebook account. Then they want your friends to add them, your friends think it's you and accept. From this moment, the pirates can write what they want under your name!! ..... Please do not accept a 2nd invitation from me!! Copy this message on your wall to warn your friends!

Amen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

âŒâŒâŒâŒ Urgent âŒâŒâŒâŒ

This, jesus..... I've two aunts who have recently joined facebook and this drivel, along with cat pictures, minions quotes and 1like = 1 prayer crap is all they post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Good day in court got my assault charge kept in the district court happy days now a day to get baked happy Tuesday face****ers keep it lit

This was posted today, Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

"To the lady and gent who stopped my car in the middle of the road after it had rolled down the hill in Ballymun this morning. A million thanks. "

Sweet Lantern :

http://i.imgur.com/oKWsGF4.jpg

Your getting NFC robbed, sure who would notice it on their statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Fieldog wrote:

Noticing it on your statement 2 days later doesn't stop it from happening in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Fieldog wrote: »
    Sweet Lantern :

http://i.imgur.com/oKWsGF4.jpg

Is that not just a Nokia 2210…

Noticing it on your statement 2 days later doesn't stop it from happening in the first place

I'm guessing the point was that people wouldn't notice. I put a load of small transactions on my card now and when I look at my statement I can't recall half of them.

Funny enough apparently the link to wallets on sale is an Amazon referral link, so someone is getting a touch to instill a bit of Facebook panic whilst flogging cheap wallets... ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

fleebag riddin dog ridin chungwan labis she talk durty beehin my back again dUn mader how hard she Stoke ill drive temple yards a fistime Wi diz hon haloran!!! $ king haloran fist da boys!!! $

She's in her 30's.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,318 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Mint Aero wrote: »
    fleebag riddin dog ridin chungwan labis she talk durty beehin my back again dUn mader how hard she Stoke ill drive temple yards a fistime Wi diz hon haloran!!! $ king haloran fist da boys!!! $

She's in her 30's.

And speaks Esperanto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Mint Aero wrote: »

She's in her 30's.

Fleabag-ridden dog riding young one. Ladies (?) (if?) she talk dirty behind my back again , (it?) doesn't matter how hard she stoke (? dafuq?) I'll drive ........???............with the horn hollering. Fcuking hollering ? the boys.

Bloody hell. I give up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Kovu wrote: »
    Fleabag-ridden dog riding young one. Ladies (?) (if?) she talk dirty behind my back again , (it?) doesn't matter how hard she stoke (? dafuq?) I'll drive ........???............with the horn hollering. Fcuking hollering ? the boys.

Bloody hell. I give up!

Damn right, it's better than yours,
    I could teach you but I'd have to charge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement