Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Posted on the Facebook wall of a well-known Dublin club:
    I was in XXXXX a month and a half ago and met a guy that took my breath away... He also took something else from me but willing to share this with him... All I know is that he's plays gaa, is in dit and named XXXXX if anyone recognised the description get in contact urgently!! This is my only hope

Accompanied by a photo of a 12-week pregnancy scan :p

Even if it's a hoax, it's genius

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

gutenberg wrote: »

I reverse Google searched the picture yesterday when I saw it and of course it comes from some pregnancy site.... :)

Fieldog wrote: »
    I reverse Google searched the picture yesterday when I saw it and of course it comes from some pregnancy site.... :)

I figured it had to be a hoax, really. But I still laughed, in a cruel way...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Mint Aero wrote: »
    fleebag riddin dog ridin chungwan labis she talk durty beehin my back again dUn mader how hard she Stoke ill drive temple yards a fistime Wi diz hon haloran!!! $ king haloran fist da boys!!! $

She's in her 30's.

King Haloran Fists boys

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Neil Issagum

Can somebody please tell me the area code r number u put in front ur own number if somebody wants ring ya from a different country

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

He's got some impressive swimmers if she only met him a month and a half ago!

Dolbert wrote: »
    He's got some impressive swimmers if she only met him a month and a half ago!

I am merely guessing about the 'date' of the 'scan' - which is more than likely a scam :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Someone was "frapped" i shouldnt know this but my wife told me and found it hilarious.

Can somebody please tell me the area code r number u put in front ur own number if somebody wants ring ya from a different country

"What no do u ring to get trough to 3 pay pls"

The same person was having a conversation with one of her Huns after the Meteor network was down for a day last week, with the friend complaining that 'their facebook' was down for the day.

When you think of people that aren't computer savvy you would tend to think of old people but it's actually these full time yummy mummy types who always seem to be unaware of the existence of Google

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

"What no do u ring to get trough to 3 pay pls"

The same person was having a conversation with one of her Huns after the Meteor network was down for a day last week, with the friend complaining that 'their facebook' was down for the day.

When you think of people that aren't computer savvy you would tend to think of old people but it's actually these full time yummy mummy types who always seem to be unaware of the existence of Google

Due to cut backs they've reduced the number of technology classes in full time mad bastard school too.

• Advertisement

My young cousin about 14 or 15 changed her profile picture. It's bordering on innapropiate the way she's dressed never mind plastered on Facebook, but what I found fascinating was that the photo had over 500 likes within a short space of time. On closer inspection a lot of these likes seem to be from older men with arabic or Turkish sounding names!

Is this what young ones do now or am I just getting old! From a quick look at her friends list, all 1,748 of them in fact...compared to my own humble 62, she is friends with 47 people called Arron? Is this normal? Are these the lengths kids will go to just to get more Facebook likes than their friends? I think a word with her parents might be in order! It's actually quite worrying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

My young cousin about 14 or 15 changed her profile picture. It's bordering on innapropiate the way she's dressed never mind plastered on Facebook, but what I found fascinating was that the photo had over 500 likes within a short space of time. On closer inspection a lot of these likes seem to be from older men with arabic or Turkish sounding names!

Is this what young ones do now or am I just getting old! From a quick look at her friends list, all 1,748 of them in fact...compared to my own humble 62, she is friends with 47 people called Arron? Is this normal? Are these the lengths kids will go to just to get more Facebook likes than their friends? I think a word with her parents might be in order! It's actually quite worrying

I would be very worried about this. You need to talk to her parents about monitoring her Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Adorable

It's pretty normal, sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

On Enniscorthy Buy & Sell facebook page:

"I know dis is da buy and sell page but has any1 got the number for sky ireland?"

Another gem posted on it:

"Do I need to have money in credit union to take out a loan?"

I don't think these people have realised that there's more to the internet than a local FB page.Wait 'til they discover google.

From my experience with cousins around that age, my sense is that it's one of two things (or sometimes both combined) -

* they have their profile set to public, so anyone can see what they post, and hence you get random people liking photos etc. Sometimes they don't realise what they're posting is public;
    * they accept a friend request from anyone who asks, even if they don't know them. Hence the random people liking photos etc.

I'd be having a quiet word with parents or whoever about checking her privacy on Facebook, and not accepting random friend requests. Who really has 1748 friends?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

From my experience with cousins around that age, my sense is that it's one of two things (or sometimes both combined) -

* they have their profile set to public, so anyone can see what they post, and hence you get random people liking photos etc. Sometimes they don't realise what they're posting is public;
    * they accept a friend request from anyone who asks, even if they don't know them. Hence the random people liking photos etc.

I'd be having a quiet word with parents or whoever about checking her privacy on Facebook, and not accepting random friend requests. Who really has 1748 friends?!

Full time mad b*stards would be my bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

On closer inspection a lot of these likes seem to be from older men with arabic or Turkish sounding names!

^^^^^^^^
    This.

The 14yo niece of a friend puts up plenty of pics and you see creepiest looking muther fcukers of the above persuasion clicking like and typing things like "lovely xxx" and "sexy xxx". God knows what they are saying on Snapchat.

Kids really have no clue unfortunately, and as for the old perverted fcukers from afar, I'm too much of a gentleman to reveal what I think of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Someone posted in a group asking people to name a country after each letter of their name, top marks go to Karen who used Africa for a, then used Nigeria for N.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Someone posted in a group asking people to name a country after each letter of their name, top marks go to Karen who used Africa for a, then used Nigeria for N.

Now I'm feeling thick. :o Africa I get, but Nigeria? I thought that was a country alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Now I'm feeling thick. :o Africa I get, but Nigeria? I thought that was a country alright?

Africa is not a country. Africa is a continent and Nigeria is a country on that continent. It's a bit like naming "Europe" as a country :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Maybe lighten up on the substance abuse and you'd get it...
    I'm all Benzo'd up, it's kind of like being happily tipsy but without the hangover, whoo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

ED E wrote: »
    Maybe lighten up on the substance abuse and you'd get it...

Yeah that's what I meant! Africa I get as her being thick, but what was wrong with using Nigeria for the N?

Oh and it's prescribed meds in a hospital, not exactly "substance abuse". :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I think they're referring to the fact that she used Africa as a country but then went on to name a country in Africa as well. It'd be like naming Ireland as a county but then saying Galway too. Does that make any sense at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Was it something like this? :pac:

K: Kenya
    A: Africa
    R: Rwanda
    E: Ethiopia
    N: Nigeria

• Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Was it something like this? :pac:

K: Kenya
    A: Africa
    R: Rwanda
    E: Ethiopia
    N: Nigeria

But Africa is a country. Well, the South of it is anyway. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

How sweet
    had to call down to sr.mary just their,she was nearly crying because im doing so well hahaha thrilled she was,shes done so much for our family over the years.shes a saint she really is. some nuns are right c*nts tho

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Liked this one!

"Please, no more pictures of, disfigured babies, beaten animals, beaten women, bloody bodies. If you agree, hit like and share and type amen."

Another one, from an actual neighbourhood watch page.

"See the DIRTY SCUMBAG that robbed this bike God bless ya when your caught and you will be caught ya little p...k. I wish you noting but bad luck ya little retchet SCUMBAG!!!"

anewme wrote: »

"See the DIRTY SCUMBAG that robbed this bike God bless ya when your caught and you will be caught ya little p...k. I wish you noting but bad luck ya little retchet SCUMBAG!!!"

The replies are in the same vein, but unfortunately no bike returned as of yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

anewme wrote: »

S/he seems to have mixed feeling about the little p...k :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement