Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

A young lad from round my area had his bike stolen recently and the mother went on a similar fb rant, in fairness she found the bike a couple of days later, so for once fb done some good, the pressure obviously got to the thief with all the likes and shares so he bottled it and discarded it before the net closed fully in(presumably).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭anewme

coolhull wrote: »
    S/he seems to have mixed feeling about the little p...k :confused:

I'm not laughing at the bike being robbed at all, big time pain in the backside, but I had no idea what a retchet scumbag was.

Would definitely not like to be the bike robber when they are caught

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

anewme wrote: »
    I'm not laughing at the bike being robbed at all, big time pain in the backside, but I had no idea what a retchet scumbag was.

Would definitely not like to be the bike robber when they are caught

retchet = wretched
    I quite like it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

dee_mc wrote: »
    retchet = wretched
    I'm usually good at these but I translated it as "rat sh1t".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭anewme

dee_mc wrote: »
    retchet = wretched

I eventually got it myself, that's what I liked about it too.

The responses are also very good and all I can say is I hope both the robber and the bike have left this jurisdiction!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

"Can I ask a favour.... Just a few of you will do it, if you know someone who fought a battle against cancer and passed away, or someone who are still struggling or know someone who is a survivor...
    Add this to your status for 1 hour as a sign of respect and remembrance. I hope i get to the right of the people who will make it ��������������������Copy, do not share!, do not share!"

I know we've seen this post a million times before, but I had to laugh at the insistence of "do not share! FOR THE LOVE OF JEBUS SO NOT SHARE!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

rawn wrote: »
    "Can I ask a favour.... Just a few of you will do it, if you know someone who fought a battle against cancer and passed away, or someone who are still struggling or know someone who is a survivor...
    Add this to your status for 1 hour as a sign of respect and remembrance. I hope i get to the right of the people who will make it ��������������������Copy, do not share!, do not share!"

I know we've seen this post a million times before, but I had to laugh at the insistence of "do not share! FOR THE LOVE OF JEBUS SO NOT SHARE!!"

Sorry,no, I don't know anyone of anyone who ever had cancer :confused:

For Fcuk's sake :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Fame and Demise

What happens if you get to the left of the people who will make it?

Jaysus, that narrows it down a fair bit.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I would be very worried about this. You need to talk to her parents about monitoring her Facebook.

If her parents are anything like my moron of an aunt you'll get 'ah they all do it now'
    It's actually very frightening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

pc7 wrote: »
    If her parents are anything like my moron of an aunt you'll get 'ah they all do it now'

Or a "Sure what can I do about it?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

pc7 wrote: »
    My friend took that attitude until she got an 800e phone bill.Her daughter was 13. The love of her life lived in Yemen and all she knew about him was a picture of a teenage boy on facebook. He could have been an old man for all she knew.
    Older women can fall for it too. One of my friends who's in her 40's is drooling and communicating with a real touareg, turban and all, who will take her on a trip through the Sahara desert.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Seems legit, I did remove the gmail address I do wonder if that means this might not be above board???

This was posted from one Irish persons account to their friends Facebook wall

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

One of my friends who's in her 40's is drooling and communicating with a real touareg, turban and all, who will take her on a trip through the Sahara desert.:confused:

She's in love with a Volkswagan?

El Weirdo wrote: »
    She's in love with a Volkswagan?
    You hardly expect her to walk through the Sahara.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

sligojoek wrote: »
    You hardly expect her to walk through the Sahara.

A touareg is a nomad tribes man who lives in a tent and treks around the desert on a camel. Volkswagen often borrows foreign words like Sirocco , which is an african wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

A touareg is a nomad tribes man who lives in a tent and treks around the desert on a camel. Volkswagen often borrows foreign words like Sirocco , which is an african wind.

The problem with this thread is that I first thought it was someone trying to spell 'toerag'…

• Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

The problem with this thread is that I first thought it was someone trying to spell 'toerag'…

That's not a problem with this thread, that's a problem with you. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

BattleCorp wrote: »
    That's not a problem with this thread, that's a problem with you. :P

I find I have this problem too. I remember talking to a girl online once and she told me she was doing collage work. I was just about to say "you mean college right?" when she sent me a picture of an actual collage she was making.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

The problem I have with this thread is I start taking the piss or joking and say 'anal' or 'telpis' in real life then have to mumble and laugh it off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭valoren

*57 year old get's 3 years in jail for sexual assault*

"Podofile cun+s being protected omg"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

valoren wrote: »
    *57 year old get's 3 years in jail for sexual assault*

"Podofile cun+s being protected omg"

Is that someone that's sexually attracted to Nespresso?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

"Always amazed that someone you consider so close can like a whole load of photos from someone they hardly know and never like/comment on yours."

This is a mature woman, a separated mother of teenage twins, holds down a responsible job, active within the community, sporty, fit, healthy well.

.....but puts pics on Facebook to prove to herself that one particular person hates her because that person wont "comment" (the person "likes" the pics but wont comment) on the pics.
    Nutcases.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

"Always amazed that someone you consider so close can like a whole load of photos from someone they hardly know and never like/comment on yours."

This is a mature woman, a separated mother of teenage twins, holds down a responsible job, active within the community, sporty, fit, healthy well.

.....but puts pics on Facebook to prove to herself that one particular person hates her because that person wont "comment" (the person "likes" the pics but wont comment) on the pics.
    Nutcases.

Both myself & a friend were unfriended on FB by a female colleague. We reckoned it was because neither of us acknowledged the latest sprog she had. Woman was posting 50 pics a day off all 3/4 of her kids. Lost count after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Both myself & a friend were unfriended on FB by a female colleague. We reckoned it was because neither of us acknowledged the latest sprog she had. Woman was posting 50 pics a day off all 3/4 of her kids. Lost count after a while.

I had the same issue with a SIL . I'm a lot of ways Facebook has done a lot of damage. Sad

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Nutcases.

Aaw, telper :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Nutcases.

What amazes me is how a person checking into a fecking restaurant can get around 40 or 50 likes yet someone else will post up a brilliant piece of photography or art and get around 10 likes, I constantly see it happen to people I know on Facebook and it royally pisses me off!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,914 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

siblers wrote: »
    What amazes me is how a person checking into a fecking restaurant can get around 40 or 50 likes yet someone else will post up a brilliant piece of photography or art and get around 10 likes, I constantly see it happen to people I know on Facebook and it royally pisses me off!

Maybe the restaurant is known to have poor hygiene standards and everyone's 'liking' it in the hopes that the person will die from food poisoning and stop clogging up everyone's feed with their amateur photography.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Cos photos are boring. What did you have for dinner? Pics or it didn't happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Why do you care about likes on Facebook? Can you not find something more important to be pissed off about?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement