Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Why do you care about likes on Facebook? Can you not find something more important to be pissed off about?

tbh it's not that simple.
    facebook is a communication tool between you and your friends.
    what they like and don't like gives you a view to their lifes that ordinarily you'd not see.
    facebook has opened my eyes to a few people I thought i would have known pretty well.

So why would we get annoyed? well it's probably more frustration that people you like turn out to be idiots at times .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

arayess wrote: »
    tbh it's not that simple.
    facebook is a communication tool between you and your friends.
    what they like and don't like gives you a view to their lifes that ordinarily you'd not see.
    facebook has opened my eyes to a few people I thought i would have known pretty well.

So why would we get annoyed? well it's probably more frustration that people you like turn out to be idiots at times .

I wouldn't really be basing my friendships on how many likes someone gave me on Facebook.

I wouldn't be disappointed in a friend if they didn't like a picture on Facebook, I've more important things in life to worry about.

But yes, I do agree with you. Facebook makes you more aware of how much stupid is out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

siblers wrote: »
    What amazes me is how a person checking into a fecking restaurant can get around 40 or 50 likes yet someone else will post up a brilliant piece of photography or art and get around 10 likes, I constantly see it happen to people I know on Facebook and it royally pisses me off!

Personally, I hate getting bombarded by people's hobbies on Facebook. The occasional photo is okay but constant updates of their photography or whatever it is they are doing gets tiresome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

"Just got me lil fellas date name and date of birth tattooed on me love it (endless monkey face emojies)

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12743857_962907007111252_5131488048726454833_n.jpg?oh=5965b9d10fbcbacec3456913791012d2&oe=575F5CD7

Apparently her "lil fella" is almost 2000 years old... Why people don't actually research tattoos before getting them is just beyond me.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Apparently her "lil fella" is almost 2000 years old... Why people don't actually research tattoos before getting them is just beyond me.

Please tell me you pointed it out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,007 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

"Just got me lil fellas date name and date of birth tattooed on me love it (endless monkey face emojies)

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12743857_962907007111252_5131488048726454833_n.jpg?oh=5965b9d10fbcbacec3456913791012d2&oe=575F5CD7

I assume it's 2nd June. But the 34 gets me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I wouldn't mind if it just said XIV but XXXIV instead of MMXIV is just idiotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

I'm just... completely confused? XXXIV?!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

Today I have really learned who's who and who real and who's fake no one talks about my kids people makes me kids from diff fathers n I'm like am hellloooo no one can talk about no one so il move on n get over it n people enough is enough the only ones are really there for us at the end of the day is My family so I'm not gonna leave no one slag r harm um il die first ha 2faced ***** a face for every one sure I didn't even get started yet no one talk about my kids no matter who u are cause that wud b the biggest mistake u made ur choice never again wud I go back time to look forward to the future with my 3 beautiful kids and I'm call a siko path lol I'm sorry I didn't listen from the start who breaks a window none ur at a funeral wake up call everything is kicking in I'm just waiting for anyone to start me I have enough of the lot so it's a real good bye dis time loves my family n babies just try me u don't no me haha n ye called us rats people in glass houses can't afford to through stones I don't need to read any one I wud say it to ur face not a bother y fall to away to nothing over some one now it's time to go back to the old NAME well better life wars done is done n wats said is said no going back don't talk about my kids r family

fima wrote: »
    Today I have really learned who's who and who real and who's fake no one talks about my kids people makes me kids from diff fathers n I'm like am hellloooo no one can talk about no one so il move on n get over it n people enough is enough the only ones are really there for us at the end of the day is My family so I'm not gonna leave no one slag r harm um il die first ha 2faced ***** a face for every one sure I didn't even get started yet no one talk about my kids no matter who u are cause that wud b the biggest mistake u made ur choice never again wud I go back time to look forward to the future with my 3 beautiful kids and I'm call a siko path lol I'm sorry I didn't listen from the start who breaks a window none ur at a funeral wake up call everything is kicking in I'm just waiting for anyone to start me I have enough of the lot so it's a real good bye dis time loves my family n babies just try me u don't no me haha n ye called us rats people in glass houses can't afford to through stones I don't need to read any one I wud say it to ur face not a bother y fall to away to nothing over some one now it's time to go back to the old NAME well better life wars done is done n wats said is said no going back don't talk about my kids r family

siko path lol :pac:

Seriously though, would a fcuking full stop kill you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

siko path :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

gutenberg wrote: »
    I'm just... completely confused? XXXIV?!

Couldn't point it out, I'd have a herd of agitated hunz commence an attack against me.

XXXIV in Roman numerals is 34, meaning her child's date of birth was the second of June in the year 34. MMXIV is 2014.

siko path lol :pac:

I think she's going to kill herself, or leave facebook, I'm not sure, but shes at war and lots of windows and glass are being broken.

Couldn't point it out, I'd have a herd of agitated hunz commence an attack against me.

XXXIV in Roman numerals is 34, meaning her child's date of birth was the second of June in the year 34. MMXIV is 2014.

I know. I was just completely confused as to how she thought XXXIV equals 14/2014?!

pc7 wrote: »
    siko path :D

Reminds me of a guy from my town I went to school with. His nickname was 'Psycho'.

So when he decided to put his nickname on the back of his denim jacket (yes, I'm that old), he wrote 'cico' because he didn't know how to spell 'psycho'.

And yes, he went around for a while with that on the back of his jacket. Not exactly MENSA material.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

gutenberg wrote: »
    I know. I was just completely confused as to how she thought XXXIV equals 14/2014?!

Simple: XX is 20, XIV is 14.

2014, right?

Whoever was making that tattoo didn't notice it, or just went ahead with whatever his/her customer came up with?

wonski wrote: »

2014, right?

Whoever was making that tattoo didn't notice it, or just went ahead with whatever his/her customer came up with?

That actually makes sense (in a hunzo world)... dear god.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

2014, right?

I'd wager if the tattoo artist tried to say anything they'd get an earful of "the customer is always right"

JustShon wrote: »
    I'd wager if the tattoo artist tried to say anything they'd get an earful of "the customer is always right"

And now she will probably sue him when she finds out.

If she finds out...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,007 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

2014, right?

You sir are a genius !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

fima wrote: »

I put that into a google search for the craic, to see if it would find the FB post.
    It didn't but the 3rd result was a link to deciphering "infant speak".

razorblunt wrote: »
    I put that into a google search for the craic, to see if it would find the FB post.
    It didn't but the 3rd result was a link to deciphering "infant speak".

We will all have to learn these new skills to understand what is going on around us:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

"people makes me kids from diff fathers"

:D damm people!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I've seen a few different people lately on FB giving out about cuts to rest bite care.. Thought it was a typo at first but after the third or fourth time I realised it obviously isn't!

alwaysadub wrote: »
    I've seen a few different people lately on FB giving out about cuts to rest bite care.. Thought it was a typo at first but after the third or fourth time I realised it obviously isn't!

Why are they giving out its back up to 1700 a year, its not means tested so even millionaires can apply ;)

alwaysadub wrote: »

I've seen a few people post about reaching a particular "mild stone" in their life. And again, it wasn't a mistype.

And another person had something that wasn't good enough, it "didn't pass mustard". lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,316 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

She remembered the apostrophes though so she must have had some bit of education.

She remembered the apostrophes though so she must have had some bit of education.

I've highlighted how much education I think she had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

I think it's more likely she was getting her bit instead of an education.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

And another person had something that wasn't good enough, it "didn't pass mustard". lol

I think they should get that checked out. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement