Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

A visitor said my barn was like going to a cafe in downtown Damascus lol xxx love it
    Would that be before the war or after?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,188 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

coolhull wrote: »
    If you believed Facebook, vinegar, honey, and bread soda are the cure for all the illnesses in the world

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Don't be so ridiculous!!

Everyone knows Cannabis Oil curs everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Lucyfur wrote: »
    My own mother just shared a post about cinnamon and honey curing ALL diseases

:(

Amen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

MrStuffins wrote: »
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Don't be so ridiculous!!

Everyone knows Cannabis Oil curs everything!

no chance its flat 7up or flat coke that cures what ails you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

montyrebel wrote: »
    no chance its flat 7up or flat coke that cures what ails you

Flat 7up is indeed the blessed elixir, but flat Coke? What kind of animal are you?

I could maybe have stretched to lucozade, but flat coke, this will not stand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

dub_skav wrote: »
    Flat 7up is indeed the blessed elixir, but flat Coke? What kind of animal are you?

I could maybe have stretched to lucozade, but flat coke, this will not stand.

A woman i know gives her kids flat diet coke with two teaspoons of sugar stirred in when they have a stomach bug. The thought of it makes me feel sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,346 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Tasden wrote: »
    A woman i know gives her kids flat diet coke with two teaspoons of sugar stirred in when they have a stomach bug. The thought of it makes me feel sick.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Tbf, when your teeth start falling out from rot, you tend not to be thinking about your piddling stomach bug so that's a great remedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Tbf, when your teeth start falling out from rot, you tend not to be thinking about your piddling stomach bug so that's a great remedy.

Through a straw to protect the teeth :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

If the only shop for miles did not have 7UP then my mum would give me and my brothers flat coke.
    I can't say it was nice, I think the whole point of it was just sugary energy while we were so weak. Once we could keep that down we got water/soup and dry toast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭siblers

failinis wrote: »
    If the only shop for miles did not have 7UP then my mum would give me and my brothers flat coke.
    I can't say it was nice, I think the whole point of it was just sugary energy while we were so weak. Once we could keep that down we got water/soup and dry toast.

Same as, flat 7 up (I presume as it was easier to drink) or lucozade just to give me a bit of energy and to keep me cool though. Adding sugar to flat diet coke is just weird though and the worst of both worlds considering how bad aspartame is for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

siblers wrote: »
    Same as, flat 7 up (I presume as it was easier to drink) or lucozade just to give me a bit of energy and to keep me cool though. Adding sugar to flat diet coke is just weird though and the worst of both worlds considering how bad aspartame is for one.

Did you read that on Facebook?

All aspartame myths have been debunked. Its scaremongering. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The most dangerous chemical known to man is dihydrogen monoxide. Let's ban that and see how we all get on.

Big science words out of context doesn't always mean it's true. Vaccines were linked to autism is a made up study which has been retracted and debunked many times. Yet we still have kids dying of measles. Aspartame is the same.

I know some studies will show that I'm wrong. But I can link any amount of studies that show that I'm not. I could probably find a study linking absolutely anything on this earth to being bad for you. It's just who can shout the loudest. And Facebook warriors tend to wind that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

sullivlo wrote: »

All aspartame myths have been debunked. Its scaremongering. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The most dangerous chemical known to man is dihydrogen monoxide. Let's ban that and see how we all get on.

Big science words out of context doesn't always mean it's true. Vaccines were linked to autism is a made up study which has been retracted and debunked many times. Yet we still have kids dying of measles. Aspartame is the same.

I know some studies will show that I'm wrong. But I can link any amount of studies that show that I'm not. I could probably find a study linking absolutely anything on this earth to being bad for you. It's just who can shout the loudest. And Facebook warriors tend to wind that.
    I second this, I actually looked this up and it said that Aspartame was actually one of the more thoroughly researched sweetener compared to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I second this, I actually looked this up and it said that Aspartame was actually one of the more thoroughly researched sweetener compared to others.

Uh huh. Aspartic acid and phenylalanine mixed together. Excessive consumption may produce laxative effects. The only people who should avoid it are those with PKU - a disorder that means you can't have phenylalanine but one which is diagnosed at birth with a skin prick test.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

<
    Conspiracy Theory Discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

rawn wrote: »
    At first look I thought the devil wings were willies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

sullivlo wrote: »

I still avoid it but that's because anything with it tastes awful.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

pc7 wrote: »
    At first look I thought the devil wings were willies!

No, the willy is that thing between the wings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Isn't that a Coke though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

"Italy are so bad it's embarrassing"

Generalise much?

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

If you're in the mood for laughter, check out Danielle Meagher's facebook (Former CBB housemate, Irish Housewifes and Dr. Botox)

The page is open to the public, she has decided to argue with what appears to be two actual pilots on a story about an airline. In the course of this argument she has completely overreacted, called one of the pilots a sex offender, a syphilis face and of having the audacity to be from Norway which is apparently the most unfunny country in the world. She has also called him ancient and old even though he is 35 and she is 37.

There are some real zingers in there. A truly entertaining read. A friend linked me to it and its been brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Thanks WarZ, what a collection of twatish post. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

WarZ wrote: »
    If you're in the mood for laughter, check out Danielle Meagher's facebook (Former CBB housemate, Irish Housewifes and Dr. Botox)

The page is open to the public, she has decided to argue with what appears to be two actual pilots on a story about an airline. In the course of this argument she has completely overreacted, called one of the pilots a sex offender, a syphilis face and of having the audacity to be from Norway which is apparently the most unfunny country in the world. She has also called him ancient and old even though he is 35 and she is 37.

There are some real zingers in there. A truly entertaining read. A friend linked me to it and its been brilliant.

True story, I was sat on the plane beside her when she was coming back to Dublin after the Celebrity Big Brother finale party thingy. She made it very obvious that she expected I should know who she was. I genuinely hadn't a clue - I'd have paid some attention to the early seasons of Big Brother but hadn't seen it for years. She engaged in a Twitter spat with some other wan who had been on CBB throughout the flight, I was privileged enough to witness it live. It was the highlight of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Wow, what a car crash of a thread :eek:

Worst part is, when I looked her up I found out we have 3 mutual friends! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Valentina wrote: »

Is she always that charming I wonder? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Valentina wrote: »

I have two mutual friends with her :D

And that thread is the most glorious car crash ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 112togo

Ah, reality tv...the modern-day equivalent of the Victorian freak-snow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

WarZ, thank you. From the bottom of my heart. Facebook gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Boomerang Christmas Boys
    (a poem by Danielle written in about 11 minutes)

So this is the year 2015 Christmas week,
    And it seems my affections the young men do seek.

They are like the boomerang xmas boys,
    But they will still have to learn to pick up my toys,

For out of the pram the toys I'll always throw,
    And for a man, a shirt button I'll never sew.

They are all like xmas boomerangs,
    And clearly their hearts still do have the pangs.

Last week declarations of lust from 20 years ago,
    However at the time my lawn he never did mow.
    I too, like him feel we were each others 'one that got away',
    But now he lives in Californ-IA,
    with his girlfriend where it's sunny every day!

On xmas eve at 5.30 a.m. I was woken,
    By a text from a male pal, for days we had not spoken.
    This man told me he wished we had kissed.
    My response to him was 'go back to bed you're so f*cking pissed'.

Then on boxing day two contacts from brothers of some famous UK singers,
    I've no interest in that world, as they're all coked up swingers.

Then yesterday morning a message from a cork boy on Facebook,
    Asking me, wait for it 'do I have a husband or am I took'
    My response was 'husband are you mad'
    I want to be happy, not f*cking sad.

For 2016 I do not want marriage,
    Nor a meringue dress in a golden carriage.
    I have a lot on this first trading quarter,
    And any man annoying me will get the bleedin' slaughter.

Poem By
    Danielle
    Dec 2015

Gold. Just gold. And I have a follow friend in common with her too :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement