Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 11), May 1-4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

How many people cant make it to a game due to bus strike?

Bus companies charging extra today for Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

You mixed up the times for the Dundalk and Cork City games on Monday.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Hypothetically we could end the 1st series of games in 2nd place. Unlikely, but would be nice :D

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I'd put Bohs as strong favourites for Monday. We (Cork City) had a hard time against them last season and they are doing even better this year. I'll go 2-0 Bohs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

First time since the Drogheda game that I'm confident we can give the opposition a damn good thrashing. Bray seem to have reverted to type after an initial bounce after Matthews left. They've shipped eight goals in the last two matches and I'll be surprised if Dundalk can't rack up at least three against them. Should be a stroll in the park with some scintillating attacking play to keep the Setanta viewers entertained.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

CHealy wrote: »
    You mixed up the times for the Dundalk and Cork City games on Monday.

I think something like this should be added:

All games to be played at...a collection of random times over the weekend...unless otherwise stated

:)

5.10, 3.00, 7.35, 7.30, 8.00, 5.45, 7.05, 6.30, even some at 7.45

dfx- wrote: »

All games to be played at...a collection of random times over the weekend...unless otherwise stated

Live football, LIVE, at all times, LIVE, everywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It's weird when you read the times written out like that, looks very random but then again a typical EPL weekend looks like this.

12.45, 3.00, 5.20, 1.30, 4.00, 8.00 and from next season Friday nights at presumably 8.00 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Looking forward to Shels -v- UCD later................ said no one ever! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

dfx- wrote: »

AM or PM??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Looking forward to Shels -v- UCD later................ said no one ever! :(

I'll be there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Good win for us in Galway tonight. 4-1.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Cheers Cabo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Cheers Cabo.
    96th minute :(
    the 1-0s were going to catch up eventually....
    going by the report we had our chances and didnt take them in a desperate match... and cabos crowds are no more either...

Very comfortable win for Rovers. Drogheda put lots of pressure on without the ball but no shots on target and walking pace towards the end.

Ciaran Kilduff will score 11 goals in a single game for pats and pats fans be like "meh expected". its going to happen, it wasnt great vs galway they are not very good. Feel bad for Kilduff cos when it comes off which it will, he has the energy and enthusiam but not the knowledge to be in the place the ball is going to. We are very predictable, just not for him yet.

It will happen but think the day before it happens Fagan will be fit and Kilduff will have had his 10 games :(

Anyhoo handy win Forrester with 3 assists from the middle and one of them was a face ball :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

We are beyond abysmal. Hard to look past the manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Not a great game to watch. Effective result is the best you could say about it. Drennan and Miele continue to impress.

Horrible night, Shels are slowly killing me and Rovers f*cked me over on a healthy staked bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Jonny Creamer (I sh*t you not) has scored for Cobh. Best name since Max Cream.

• Advertisement

Another late equaliser for Limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Hopefully we've learned our lesson and will never ever appoint a manager from within the league of Ireland again. Time to get somebody else in to steady the ship and keep us up because as things stand we're only going one way.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Hopefully we've learned our lesson and will never ever appoint a manager from within the league of Ireland again. Time to get somebody else in to steady the ship and keep us up because as things stand we're only going one way.

I reckon Peers will be your next manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not being able to find a stream for this is terrible

Did you find one? PM if not.

No luck, site I use has it listed but its actually a different channel with Belgian highlights. Then again, would I put myself through another 45 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Probably best you didn't have a stream Mushy. Bray are dire, typical Alan Mathews'esque' type defending still there.

Conceded 4 I think from corners, truly terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Lovely start for Cork. Great finish!

Great second touch for the goal. He's in quite a few wars since is O'Sullivan.

Bohs look very limited upfront in open play but always a chance from setpiece as long as it stays 0-1..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Tactics for teams playing Bray in future. Get a corner. Score.

Think four of our eight goals came from corners Our brilliance at scoring from corners seems to be upsetting Killian Brennan judging from his twitter page!). Shambolic defending from poor old Bray. Towell and Horgan with two stunners. That's ten league goals for Richie already in just eleven games. What a player.

3300 in Oriel which is pretty decent considering we were playing Bray and the game was on the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I reckon Peers will be your next manager.
    Don't know why you'd think that.

A young ambitious manager from outside the league please. A return to the philosophy which brought us the likes of mcstay, Sanchez, Cotterill, cook and Baraclough.

Or Roddy. If we're going to be **** it might as well be funny.

I think my crowning glory was having Cassidy anytime score! Always a positive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Will take a point there.

Pity we did not hang on but point fair result.

• Advertisement

Will take a point there.

Pity we did not hang on but point fair result.

Absolute sewer football from us, I can't excuse this kind of ball from Caulfield any longer, he won't last much longer if it continues like this.

Dundalk will walk this league.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Happy with the point. Still lack penetration going forward, but to be fair the lads never gave up.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Cork are a filthy team. O'Sullivan, as did the whole team, jumped with the elbow every time and was booked on about the 7th occasion. He also KO'd Anto Murphy with a knee when he was on the ground. Late in to tackles and constant arms around the neck etc. No one has a problem with the game being physical but what Cork did at times was beyond dangerous. Sutton, the ref, was completely out of his depth too.

For all Caulfield says about Dublin teams not getting attendances, Cork don't travel well at all.

We were well worth the draw too and had chances to win it. Great goal by Evans!

BOHtox wrote: »
    Cork are a filthy team.

Cork lads get upset when thats mentioned.

Nope its just you talking **** and making excuses every time we play each other.

• Advertisement

They're long ball merchants too. Everything they created that was half-decent came from the ground when they split us open. I don't know why they use the long ball so much.

Nope its just you talking **** and making excuses every time we play each other.

am-i-out-of-touch-no-its-the-children-who-are-wrong.jpg

CHealy wrote: »
    Absolute sewer football from us, I can't excuse this kind of ball from Caulfield any longer, he won't last much longer if it continues like this.

Dundalk will walk this league.

This is what I don't get.

Alan Cawley talking **** to me on twitter saying that most Media had Cork to win the league. Absolute horse ****.

Nobody here gave Cork chance of winning the league. Dundalk, Rovers and Pats were the talk of league winners.

We have only lost 1 game so far this season to the best team in league. Poor football call it what you like we are getting results and on course at another shot at Europe again.

I think Caulfield has his limits don't get me wrong, but we were 45 minutes from winning league last season and have got off to very decent start this term, no hangover from last year like some predicated.

I can understand your frustration, but we have come on leaps and bounds from 2 years ago.

Small steps in right direction is better then big leap and back down again.

am-i-out-of-touch-no-its-the-children-who-are-wrong.jpg

Another **** banner.

This is what I don't get.

Alan Cawley talking **** to me on twitter saying that most Media had Cork to win the league. Absolute horse ****.

Nobody here gave Cork chance of winning the league. Dundalk, Rovers and Pats were the talk of league winners.

We have only lost 1 game so far this season to the best team in league. Poor football call it what you like we are getting results and on course at another shot at Europe again.

I think Caulfield has his limits don't get me wrong, but we were 45 minutes from winning league last season and have got off to very decent start this term, no hangover from last year like some predicated.

I can understand your frustration, but we have come on leaps and bounds from 2 years ago.

Small steps in right direction is better then big leap and back down again.

Open your eyes. Caulfield is toxic. With the players yous have you deserve a lot better than the piss that you played against us tonight. Dire, dirty and direct is Caulfield's motto.

Open your eyes. Caulfield is toxic. With the players yous have you deserve a lot better than the piss that you played against us tonight. Dire, dirty and direct is Caulfield's motto.

Bar Dundalk no team play good brand, although Boys ain't bad I will say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

Bar Dundalk no team play good brand, although Boys ain't bad I will say that.

Pats play the best football in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Cork are a filthy team. O'Sullivan, as did the whole team, jumped with the elbow every time and was booked on about the 7th occasion. He also KO'd Anto Murphy with a knee when he was on the ground. Late in to tackles and constant arms around the neck etc. No one has a problem with the game being physical but what Cork did at times was beyond dangerous. Sutton, the ref, was completely out of his depth too.

For all Caulfield says about Dublin teams not getting attendances, Cork don't travel well at all.

We were well worth the draw too and had chances to win it. Great goal by Evans!

Ah come on in fairness, the knee to Murphy's head was completely accidental, no need to fit things around your argument. Marky did jump with his arms out but it was hardly deadly elbows either, but he was taking a chance doing that. You can hardly say the whole team are told to jump with elbows either. I don't think the game was dirty at all really, was hardly a bad tackle in the game. For the record I do think we are overly physical at times, but I don't think it's 'dirty', I think a lot of it is just really stupid, petulant fouls where players need to think for an extra second or too, Darren Dennehy being the prime example.

Agreed about well worth the draw though, another 10 minutes and ye would have won it. Bull**** tactics in the second half, scared as **** to go and play football in second halves away.

What is it 1 goal and 3 points in Dublin this season? And after every game the other teams fans have said you were dirty and playing for a draw.

We cant all be wrong.....

What is it 1 goal and 3 points in Dublin this season? And after every game the other teams fans have said you were dirty and playing for a draw.

We cant all be wrong.....

Just 3 fans mentioned it so far.

If thats the case yer Super Dirty, ye got over twice amounts of cards against us.

Cant always be bad ref

• Advertisement
Advertisement