Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 11), May 1-4

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Cork lads get upset a lot of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

And the dozen Shels fans it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

And the dozen Shels fans it seems.

Even less now with the results the way they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

BOHtox wrote: »
    Open your eyes. Caulfield is toxic. With the players yous have you deserve a lot better than the piss that you played against us tonight. Dire, dirty and direct is Caulfield's motto.

What good players? We're lacking a good winger, an out-and-out striker and a creative midfielder. Take a look at Dundalk. They've McMillan, Horgan and Towell - 3 players who have them coasting at the top. We have a decent unit, but we're lacking 2 or 3 quality players. You're overestimating how good some of our players are.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    What is it 1 goal and 3 points in Dublin this season? And after every game the other teams fans have said you were dirty and playing for a draw.

We cant all be wrong.....

How many players have ye had sent off again? 4? A red nearly every other game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Bar Dundalk no team play good brand, although Boys ain't bad I will say that.
    Pats play a great brand of football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

MD1990 wrote: »
    Pats play a great brand of football.

When they're arsed. When they're not, they are poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Even after a good kip last night I'm still reeling after watching that game yesterday. I can't understand how we can play the way we play when we have the players we have. Miller must be wondering what in the name of christ is he after doing. 1 shot on target (the goal) in the first half, 1 shot off target in the second, in any football game, thats no where near good enough. It would make it easier if Bohs played well but I didnt think they we upto much at all.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

CHealy wrote: »
    It would make it easier if Bohs played well but I didnt think they we upto much at all.

To be fair, we don't have the players to be playing an expansive passing game. We try to stay solid at the back and work from there. It's working out well enough for us so far.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

To be fair, we don't have the players to be playing an expansive passing game. We try to stay solid at the back and work from there. It's working out well enough for us so far.

Funny thing is that we have one more point now than we did at this stage last season, and you could argue that we had a much more difficult series of games with Shamrock Rovers, Pats, Bohs and Sligo (1st game, no one knew how crap they were) all away from home. Next series will tell alot.

Any Dundalk fans want to comment on the situation with the likes of Towell and Horgan come the summer? They surely have to be on English clubs radar, especially Towell. I hate to say it but it will be a shame when/if they do leave, Towell is one of the best players this league has ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Nobody here gave Cork chance of winning the league. Dundalk, Rovers and Pats were the talk of league winners.

Have to disagree there. Last year, fair enough. Ya came second and nobody saw it coming. This year City were mentioned in the same breath as Dundalk, Rovers and Pats, especially with the acquisition of Miller. Their crowds would reflect this expectant nature too, IMO.

Also, O Sullivan is absolutely very dirty and was mad for it off the ball on more than one occasion. Got away with a lot of sly things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

CHealy wrote: »
    Any Dundalk fans want to comment on the situation with the likes of Towell and Horgan come the summer? They surely have to be on English clubs radar, especially Towell. I hate to say it but it will be a shame when/if they do leave, Towell is one of the best players this league has ever seen.
    Didn't think Towell would be here this year so it's been a bonus having him. I'd be surprised if he went anywhere this summer given we'll be playing Champions League and possibly Europa League. He's enjoying his best season to date so far so I'd say he'll stay put, try and win another league with Dundalk and then head off into the sunset with his place in Dundalk FC folklore secured. Think Darrel is here for the long haul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Cork are one of the dirtiest teams in the league by a long shot. Elbows flying in every which way.

Delighted with the point all in all. Never gave up and given our second half performance it was fully deserved. Didn't see the Cork lads wasting much time after that. ;)

Omackeral wrote: »
    Have to disagree there. Last year, fair enough. Ya came second and nobody saw it coming. This year City were mentioned in the same breath as Dundalk, Rovers and Pats, especially with the acquisition of Miller. Their crowds would reflect this expectant nature too, IMO.

Those who mentioned us in the same breath as Rovers and Pats are obviously correct so far, seeing as we're a point below and above them, respectively. We got two draws away to those sides, who played for the point just as much as we did. While we're a step behind Dundalk, so are the other two.

The crowds are there because we're performing well, scoring goals and generally winning at home. In 2002-03, we had our biggest average attendance I think - averaging a little over 4,000 a game. We only won once away, but we won all but one at home. Away matches have much less of an impact on attendances than home ones (unsurprisingly). Most of those that go to home matches won't follow the team away. And those that do follow the team away are most likely those that would still be going to home matches if the team were losing week-in, week-out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Just 3 fans mentioned it so far.

If thats the case yer Super Dirty, ye got over twice amounts of cards against us.

Cant always be bad ref

Refs are always bad for both teams.

Your 1st match under him should have been a giveaway.

http://www.goal.com/en-ie/match/cork-city-vs-st-patricks/1625970/lineups?ICID=MP_MS_2

http://www.goal.com/en-ie/match/cork-city-vs-st-patricks/1625970/lineups?ICID=MP_MS_2

That would be the match where we committed an entire extra foul than Pats, right? And the start of the season where we finished 2nd in the fair play rankings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

But yet...

This season 5 yellows to 2 Yellows and 1 Red compared to 0.

In yer pitch!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Honestly as a City fan I think we are overly physical, although I wouldn't call it dirty. Just pick up brainless and stupid bookings for ill timed tackles. Dundalk at home last season was case and point, Healy and Buckley booked in quick succession for stupid petulant fouls on Towell in the centre because he had gone passed them. I think Caulfield needs to direct his 'passion' for City into actually playing football rather than being too hyped physically for games. I think at the moment we are trying to skirt by using 'us against them' mantra in terms of passion, rather than trying to go out and win games away from home. That second half against Bohs was absolutely dire to be honest, as bad as anything in Tommy's last year.

Its coming to a stage now where all along opposition fans were ridiculing City for their puke football, but now the fans are finally beginning to see it aswell. Last season it was backed up because we had so many injuries and punched way above our weight, this year Caulfield does not have that cushion. I was disgusted with the way they handled themselves after going 1 up against Bohs, and the majority of City fans I know feel the same. The next three games we have are Sligo, Drogheda and Limerick away, that should be 9 points and of course everything will be brilliant again and we'll get 6 thousand for the Shamrock Rovers game on the 22nd, but its only papering over the fact that JC is a Munster Senior League manager who does not seem to have a plan B.

I hope to fcuk he proves me wrong because I grew up with him banging them in and I'd hate for it to end in tears.

Advertisement