Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mileage

Options
  • 01-05-2015 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hello,

Can somebody please clarify how mileage should be calculated.

I live at A and I work in B. Occasionally I am required to work in C. (C could be any one of 50 different places)

If C is nearer to my home A I will travel from A to C and claim mileage for that. However

I am not clear on what can or cannot be claimed if I travel from A to B via C in the course of my work? Can I claim mileage for the journey between C and B? My employer would argue this forms part of my normal journey and is not claimable however I disagree. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭adrianw

Milage is allowable when you travel to a location that is not your regular place of work. The distance allowable is the shorter of the distances between A&C or B&C.

What is the reason for your journey from C to B?

Hake a look (or better still tell your employer to have a look) at the Revenue's statement of practice it/2/07 page 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

In my opinion you should be allowed claim for travelling from C to B.

Under normal circumstances, if you are at your normal place of work and need to travel to a different location, you can claim for the travel their and back, even though the travel back is "travel to tyour regular place of work"

Advertisement