Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Company Car from UK Registered Company

Options
  • 01-05-2015 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi guys, I'm not sure if I have this in the right forum.

I have been offered a job with a multi-national company whom have registered offices in The UK (But not in Ireland).

It's a sales role on the road, and as part of the package they said they will be providing a company car. I want to stick with my own car and take mileage/car allowance etc.

I think i'm right in saying that they will not be able to lease/buy a car for the company as they have no registered office here in Ireland, is that correct? I don't want to take the job if I have to take the company car as I would be hit hard by the tax.

Any advice would be great.

Oscarorange42

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 oscarorange42

Any help would be great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

They shouldn't have a problem leasing a car in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 oscarorange42

They shouldn't have a problem leasing a car in Ireland.

if they lease a car, am I liable to pay tax on it or is that only if the car is purchased?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

if they lease a car, am I liable to pay tax on it or is that only if the car is purchased?

You will benefit. Ergo

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You will pay Benefit in Kind tax based on your annual business mileage and other things.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/bik.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

You will only have BIK if you use the car for private mileage. If they insist on providing a car and you don't want private use of it, don't use it privately then you owe no tax!

Advertisement