Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracker Mortgage Query

Options
  • 01-05-2015 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi

Buying a property off my father which is in slight negative equity. The mortgage is a tracker and obviously do not want to lose this in the short to medium term. Is there a way of transferring the property to my name while still keeping the existing tracker facility?

Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

portcrap wrote: »
    Hi

Buying a property off my father which is in slight negative equity. The mortgage is a tracker and obviously do not want to lose this in the short to medium term. Is there a way of transferring the property to my name while still keeping the existing tracker facility?

Thanks for any advice

No

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

homer911 wrote: »
    No

+1

Not a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

chris85 wrote: »
    +1

Not a chance

I'd happily take over the tracker mortgage on any property I'm trying to buy :)

Not a hope OP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Be aware that keeping it in his name and you paying the mortgage for him (the obvious alternative) could make you liable for gift tax as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

Thanks for the replies, seems to be a possibility in the states if the mortgage agreement has the right to assumption. No such luck in Ireland :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement