Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayfly

• 01-05-2015 1:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

Any sign of any mayfly on the river yet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Me no, depends on the river itself! Some have mayfly a early or late(late june)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭minktrapper

Mayfly almost in abundance on my local river.No fish rising to them though.Bit of a flood on it and the water is brown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭huntsman77

Lads what's happening with ree regards mayfly is it on or gone haven heard any talk about it and might try get out this weekend

Lads what's happening with ree regards mayfly is it on or gone haven heard any talk about it and might try get out this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Saw some still hovering about yesterday in the south east (slaney) Not rising to them however for the few minutes I tried.

• Advertisement

Grand thanks maybe something happening the weekemd

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Lots of mayfly on Sheelin at times over the weekend but fish not on them right at all

Just an update - I again went for 30mins tonight - missed two takes on the mayfly - It's sill a little cold here tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭minktrapper

What time are they rising and to what the spinner?

Hey guys anyone on ree any mayfly prob bit early yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

huntsman77 wrote: »
    Hey guys anyone on ree any mayfly prob bit early yet

Few fly starting to appear not really on the green but a few being caught on wets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Any sign on Corrib yet? Going to head down for the day on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

viper123 wrote: »
    Any sign on Corrib yet? Going to head down for the day on Saturday.

Very small hatch so far but should change this week with a bit more Atlantic weather. Saturday could be great if ye get good conditions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

There's a good few around inchagill at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Zzippy wrote: »
    Very small hatch so far but should change this week with a bit more Atlantic weather. Saturday could be great if ye get good conditions

Sounds good, here's hoping the weather hold then :D

Out last night greens hatching and spent dropping at the same time hard to know what to put on managed two on emergers nice fish around two pound mighty fight out of both of them nothing like a fish on the fly rod.good few fish feeding especially just before dark not too many out only seen 3 other boats

bizidea wrote: »
    Out last night greens hatching and spent dropping at the same time hard to know what to put on managed two on emergers nice fish around two pound mighty fight out of both of them nothing like a fish on the fly rod.good few fish feeding especially just before dark not too many out only seen 3 other boats

Which lake?

Zzippy wrote: »
    Which lake?

Lough ree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

bizidea wrote: »

I was beside Carbery Isl at dusk, saw a couple of fish rise to the Mayfly, had an emerger and mayfly on but no luck. As I was just leaving a big pig of a yoke jumps clean out about 60 feet away from me, they were mocking me I swear. :pac:
    Gave up at 10:30pm and went home for a consolation beer! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭capnsparkles

A lot of Mayfly on the Carrick shore , Lough Corrib last night.
    Would have meant a good hatch yesterday afternoon.

• Advertisement

Had 2 on wetfly yesterday evening on Corrib, cold windy conditions. Saw a few on Carra today but not enough to call a hatch, no fish moving to them either.

Wasn't out on the lake fishing yesterday but had a look lot of fly hatching didn't seem to be much feeding no spent yesterday evening but have a feeling some might have went out early on.no one I knew that was fishing managed to land anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭capnsparkles

Saw a lot of boats down at Cornamona yesterday evening. Went out for an hour and a half at 6pm. Saw a few fly hatching , covered two feeding fish with wets and hooked both. Strike was savage , touched one and it came back and took the fly.
    I sometimes think certain browns travel in pods as fish were identical , both 13 inches and good condition. They were however quite silver , I would say they were moving in from deeper water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭rpmcmurphy

Any updates from lough arrow or lough key guys?

Well lads that time of year again anyone been on ree

Was out for a look good few fly hatching but they are off the water straight away odd fish feeding here and there few spent going out in places and the odd fish feeding we could do with a small bit of rain and a bit of a breeze gonna give it a go at d wknd next week might be good if the sun isn't splitting the rocks

Many hatching on rivers? Don't fish any lakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Many hatching on rivers? Don't fish any lakes.

Not a lot. We really need more water.

Yea I was thinking some rain supposedly coming this week.. hopefully enough.

• Advertisement

Rain due tomorrow night/friday - which is fookin typical as im working - fishing is going to be mental after this!

Advertisement