Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayfly

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Have the weekend free nice one!!! There's is some caenis hatching in our river near me.. really weird never ever had a hatch of mayflies on this river seen a few but not many.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Anyone been out on Sheelin or heard if there's much happening on it yet? Getting out on it tomorrow so hopefully it's kicking off soon

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Seems to be good nick weather wise hopefully not too much water.. if so then I'll get the salmon rods dusted off! Have been out on the river just hawthorn no mayflies yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Anyone been out on Sheelin or heard if there's much happening on it yet? Getting out on it tomorrow so hopefully it's kicking off soon

IFI reported Tuesday that there was no substantiated mayfly hatch on Sheelin.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

IFI reported Tuesday that there was no substantiated mayfly hatch on Sheelin.
    Seen that alright but I'd be expecting in to get going over the weekend with all that warm weather hopefully. Drop of rain will certainly do the rivers a world of good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mattcullen

Fished Corrib yesterday out of Greenfields. Very sparse hatch. One small trout to the boat. Was flat calm most of the day. Late afternoon we got cloud cover and a breeze and got a few takes. Maybe now with this weather it will freshen it up?

Advertisement