Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing Account

Options
  • 01-05-2015 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,

I need to close my account today because I'm moving to another country this weekend, but my meter reading still lower than the last estimated (because I travelled for 45 days). What do I have to do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi thalita,

Thanks for getting in touch.

To close your Electric Ireland account, send us the final reading as it appears on the meter just before you leave, even if it is higher than the meter-reading on your previous estimated bill (if you are in credit, we will arrange a refund to you), the contact name and telephone number of someone who would be taking over responsibility for registration of supply at that address (e.g. your landlord/lady or letting agent) and a forwarding address for you.

We can take the above details here on Boards.ie - just private message us, confirming your Electric Ireland account number, name, address in full and the telephone number we would have for you. We will assist you ASAP.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 4 thalita

Hi thalita,

Thanks for getting in touch.

To close your Electric Ireland account, send us the final reading as it appears on the meter just before you leave, even if it is higher than the meter-reading on your previous estimated bill (if you are in credit, we will arrange a refund to you), the contact name and telephone number of someone who would be taking over responsibility for registration of supply at that address (e.g. your landlord/lady or letting agent) and a forwarding address for you.

We can take the above details here on Boards.ie - just private message us, confirming your Electric Ireland account number, name, address in full and the telephone number we would have for you. We will assist you ASAP.

Kind regards,
    Una
    Hi Una,

Thanks for the help!
    Should I send a PM with the informations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again thalita,

Yes, we can look after all of this by PM here on Boards.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement