Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any bicycle shop recommendations?

• 01-05-2015 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm new the the cycling game and looking to get a hybrid for around the €500/€600 mark.

Can anyone recommend some decent bicycle shops around the town?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭db

Can't go wrong with The Bike Shop, O'Connell Avenue. Do you have a Bike to Work scheme that you can use to get tax back on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Tim76

db wrote: »
    Can't go wrong with The Bike Shop, O'Connell Avenue. Do you have a Bike to Work scheme that you can use to get tax back on it?

Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, work are offering the scheme. Nice to get a break from the Govt for a change!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Siopa Rothar on John Street are good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Siopa Rothar and Raw Cycles would be my current favourites but I don't have anything bad to say about The Bike Shop or Tri-Bikes either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭RINO87

I'd recommend evolution cycles on Patrick's road. The guy is extremely knowledgeable, a great mechanic and is truly passionate about his work. I had to get a little work done on my beater for college/work recently, would normally do the work myself but just don't have the space on my small apartment. I had all the parts required salvaged from other bikes myself, he had no problem with that, fit them all, only charged me Labour for the time it took and did a bang on job, I was delighted!

• Advertisement
Advertisement