Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Are iPhone 5 and iPhone 6 accessories compatible ?

• 01-05-2015 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi,

I have an iPhone 6 that came with a charger (USB -> lightning port I think) and a set of headphones with inline volume control. If I was to swap the phone for an iPhone 5 would these two accessories still work or would I need iPhone5-specific ones? Is there anything else I should bear in mind? Basically I intend to just move the SIM card from the iPhone 6 to an iPhone 5, I presume my iCloud account and everything will transfer across with the SIM card ?

Thanks,

Usjes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Yes both have the same ports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

No with regards to the SIM card bit.
    There's actually nothing on your SIM card. All your apple related stuff; apps, photos etc can be synced to iTunes and then put on the new phone or done via iCloud if you've enough storage. Just set up the new phone with your current Apple ID and restore from iCloud or iTunes backup.

Advertisement