Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good airshows on the continent this summer

• 01-05-2015 3:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭

What would you consider to be the best shows? I'm looking for stuff north-west europe and as much fast jets and exotics as possible. Classic jets especially.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

MALTA!!!!!!!! did i mention malta :P

And go the enthusiast ticket much better full access to the aircraft and night photography on the ramp. Im planning to go on that again in sept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

andy_g wrote: »
    MALTA!!!!!!!! did i mention malta :P

And go the enthusiast ticket much better full access to the aircraft and night photography on the ramp. Im planning to go on that again in sept.

You must get royalties for all the plugs you give the Malta air show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Negative_G wrote: »
    You must get royalties for all the plugs you give the Malta air show!

Living there for a year in the local areas ya learn to love that little island.
    Nope only get royalties from the Malta Aviation Museum ;) as i worked there on days off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭westdub

I'm doing RIAT this year and it's shaping up nicely.... http://www.airtattoo.com/airshow/visiting/aircraft/aircraft-confirmed

Also planning a trip to Radom in Poland which is also looking fairly good so far...http://airshow.wp.mil.pl/artykuly/lista-program/

Tenger wrote: »
    I gave leave that week.....now to get the missus to give me a weekend pass.

Do tickets dry up close to the show?Wouldnt know until 6 weeks before if I will make.

Normally there are a few tickets available right up to the show, however this year it will probably sell out early for a few reasons...
    (1)No RAF show at Waddington this year so RIAT will be the RAF's main show for 2015.
    (2)This year RIAT is celebrating the 75th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain and there will be a lot of people attending just for this reason.
    (3)Lot's of acts that will be making people buy tickets earlier than usual eg Ramex Delta From France, Zeus F-16 from Greece, Hind from the Czech Republic and another lots more announcements to come.

So if your interested in attending this year I'd be booking as soon as possible....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭weisses

Did anyone visited the kecskemet air show in Hungary ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Bray... :pac: :o

Tenger wrote: »
    Just looking at tickets and timings. Might do 1 day.
    EG. fly out redeye from DUB, train to Swindon, watch show till late, train back to London, stay that night in London then early flight back to DUB. 1 hotel stay and 1 day ticket.
    Do you think either Friday or Sat is 'better'....I will assume Saturday is the main family day

EDIT: Looks like Friday is the day to be there. The Battle of Britain memorial
    http://www.airtattoo.com/news/2014/dec/19/why-attend-friday

Friday while it allows a closer look at some aircraft is not a full show day, the flying on Friday is only from 11am to 3pm while on Sat/Sun it's 10am to 5.30pm also some of the static display area is not open on Fri as aircraft will still be arriving....

If your planning to attend only one day I would recommend either Sat or Sun, However the Sat usually is the first to sell out but the flying should be the same for both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,259 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Definitely not the best, but if your looking for a local one I think Shannon are hosting one this year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Endthescam wrote: »
    What would you consider to be the best shows? I'm looking for stuff north-west europe and as much fast jets and exotics as possible. Classic jets especially.

Why the focus on the Continent? You got Portrush and Newcastle for fast jet opportunities on this island.....then you got RIAT and multiple shows in the UK over the net 3 months.

EDIT:Well if you live in N-W Europe then Paris is you best bet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Endthescam

Because I live there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Next month the Paris Airshow is taking place. It's open to the public on the weekend. Expect to see the latest fighter jets, airliners, military transports, helicopters (civil and military), business jets, as well as some classic aircraft.

There are extensive static displays and flight displays. Expect the French aerobatic team most likely.

Also there is an air and space museum at the airport too.

Advertisement