Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW35 Captain

• 01-05-2015 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭

No thread yet?

The poll will be along shortly so cool the jets if you don't see it straight away.

GW35 Captain 115 votes

Jamie Vardy
    0%
    Christian Benteke
    4%
    menoscemojamesbondingswafflemanbeaver111Dietsquirt 5 votes
    Raheem Sterling
    2%
    Jocksteinspock.winneralrigh 3 votes
    Jordan Henderbus
    2%
    RojiblancosHogey007amber69 3 votes
    Graz Pelle
    0%
    Wayne Rooney
    0%
    El festino 1 vote
    Juan Mata
    0%
    Eden Hazard
    0%
    Branislav Ivanovic
    59%
    SickBoyMiguel_SanchezNeil3030FastFullBackShaque attackPWEIdave13Sooner or Laterrock whoreNecronomiconSparkoLemlinMacker1RikandzarquonArmaniJeanssF1fan[Deleted User]franglanF1ngers 68 votes
    Harry Kane
    0%
    Sergio Aguero
    1%
    Cypher_soundsZymurgist 2 votes
    David Silva
    26%
    eddhorsethe whole year innPaddy_IrishmanGLaDOSRoonboxThe SparrowbanteeInvincibleres ipsaG1032nolllaigMarkxlittlesthoboargentumitsnotmyfaultbezuauairocedgreedygoblinstephenl15lostsoul21 31 votes
    Oliver Giroud
    0%
    Alexis Sanchez
    1%
    zoom_coolDarkPassenger 2 votes
    A Surprise (Other)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

David Silva
    I'm thinking Aguero myself. He does like playing Spurs and he's Sergio Aguero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Branislav Ivanovic
    Hazard for me. Time to play safe and consolidate my position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Raheem Sterling
    Ivanovic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Will be playing safe with Hazard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Christian Benteke
    Gonna gamble on Vardy!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Was just pondering that myself... was it not Suarez that liked playing against Spurs? Surely two South Americans can't like playing them :)

I'm in a pickle, I've closed down the gap to 12 & 13 in my pay league, neither of them have Aguero and I think I've a slightly better team.

Do I back myself and play it safe by covering them and giving the armband to Hazard or do I take a gamble on Aguero.

Edit: that wasn't a question to you Mr P, I know your answer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

David Silva
    PARlance wrote: »
    Was just pondering that myself... was it not Suarez that liked playing against Spurs? Surely two South Americans can't like playing them :)

I'm in a pickle, I've closed down the gap to 12 & 13 in my pay league, neither of them have Aguero and I think I've a slightly better team.

Do I back myself and play it safe by covering them and giving the armband to Hazard or do I take a gamble on Aguero.

Well Suarez liked to score against everyone last year, but Norwich was his team for a practically guaranteed hat-trick. Spurs is Sergio's team if my memory is correct.

Join me friend :) I might even sell Hazard next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Branislav Ivanovic
    Hazard, for sure. With Chelsea able to clinch the title in front of their own fans I think they could turn on the style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

hazard for me. just hope spurs city not 3-3 cos not captaining kane ageuro ha

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

David Silva
    Going with Aguero, he loves scoring against Spurs.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

re: Aguero.

The man city team that put 6, 5 and 4 goals past spurs in the last 2 seasons is a very different team then the one limping through the last 6 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Well Suarez liked to score against everyone last year, but Norwich was his team for a practically guaranteed hat-trick. Spurs is Sergio's team if my memory is correct.

I'm in. Was playing around with a little Hazard out myself to get Sanchez in for the dgw.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

David Silva

The man city team that put 6, 5 and 4 goals past spurs in the last 2 seasons is a very different team then the one limping through the last 6 weeks.

Spurs are still leaking goals like a sieve however. Both City and Aguero are regaining some sort of form too.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

David Silva
    Aguero for me. He will be gunning for the top goalscorer award and it's Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

David Silva
    Aguero for me. Dodgy Spurs defence and he is in decent form atm. Plus he loves scoring against spurs and I could do with a differential in my mini league.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

David Silva
    PARlance wrote: »

Going with Aguero, he loves scoring against Spurs.
    Nib wrote: »
    Aguero for me. He will be gunning for the top goalscorer award and it's Spurs.
    MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Aguero for me. Dodgy Spurs defence and he is in decent form atm. Plus he loves scoring against spurs and I could do with a differential in my mini league.
    " Sergio Aguero has scored nine goals in six Premier League appearances against Spurs, while Edin Dzeko has six in six league games."
    " Aguero has scored four goals in his last three league games after going five without scoring. He has contributed to 27 goals in his 29 league appearances this season, scoring 21 times and providing six assist. "

" Despite back-to-back wins, they have managed just seven victories in their 15 league matches in 2015. "
    " They could lose five successive away league games for the first time since April 2006. "

Spurs are still leaking goals like a sieve however. Both City and Aguero are regaining some sort of form too.
    " Tottenham have conceded 49 goals, the highest tally among clubs in the top half of the table. Only Sunderland, Leicester, Burnley, Newcastle and QPR have let in more prior to the weekend. "

---
    source: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32471262
    ---

So you're all correct guys. Considering my captain consistent failure this year, could the stats finally help me ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Branislav Ivanovic
    hazard all day for me, you don't gamble with your captains. Palace could be steamrolled if Chelsea decide to put on a show and win the league, and hazard surely cant go a 3rd gw in a row scoring a blank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Sergio Aguero
    Probably Kane, man city have been pretty poor defensively for a while now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Sterling at home to QPR anyone?
    Either him or Kane I think.
    Or Kun.
    Ara I'm lost!

Raheem Sterling
    spock. wrote:
    Ivanovic

Nah, Benteke(c)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

In the lowly ranking of 30k so took a gamble on Siggy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Branislav Ivanovic
    I'm wrecking my own head with my captain choice. I'm ahead by 60 in my league but have lost ground before to the person in 2nd with bad captain choices. I'm thinking of Hazard, but have a feeling he'll go for Aguero.

My husband has banned me playing next year cos I'm annoying the head off him talking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Panthro wrote: »
    Sterling at home to QPR anyone?
    Either him or Kane I think.
    Or Kun.
    Ara I'm lost!

Madness! Stay away from Sterling.. Liverpool are awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

spock. wrote: »
    Nah, Benteke(c)

Had it on him at the start of the week then switched to Haz. Back on Benteke now though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Branislav Ivanovic
    Went with "safe" Hazard. Considering my 6K ranking I didn't feel like gambling. And Aguero could almost be a differential in itself (ha not sure about this, maybe not that many people in top 10K sold him during his dry spell...).

Raheem Sterling
    Had it on him at the start of the week then switched to Haz. Back on Benteke now though :o
    It's working out pretty well for us. :) Let's hope Hazard stays quiet tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

spock. wrote: »
    It's working out pretty well for us. :) Let's hope Hazard stays quiet tomorrow.

Sure is :) None of my rivals have him so it could prove huge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Christian Benteke
    menoscemo wrote: »
    Gonna gamble on Vardy!!!

:o

Advertisement