Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Third Level" nightclub Dublin city

Options
  • 01-05-2015 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭

1999, a younger, slightly less angry man went on the razz in the city. Ended up in a club that had a downstairs entrance.

Years on, i still don't know where the hell it was but i still have the ticket stub that reads "Third Level". And it still miffs me where it is. Has anyone any idea where it is/was?

I THINK it was on the Quays but i cant be sure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

It was hardly Redz is it? You used to have to downstairs there & its just by o Connell bridge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Da Palace?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Don't think redz started til 03 or 04...not sire what was there before it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Not that many clubs were downstairs in that part of Dublin then, the only ones I can think of are Redz and Dominion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

The venue that was Twenty Ones (now Play nightclub) on D'olier Street?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭babaracus

There used to be pub/club run by the Union of Students (USI) right where USIT is on Aston Quay. Not sure if it was still open in 99. It was definitely open around 96/97 anyway. Third Level would sound like a good name for a nightclub run by the USI.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

babaracus wrote: »
    There used to be pub/club run by the Union of Students (USI) right where USIT is on Aston Quay. Not sure if it was still open in 99. It was definitely open around 96/97 anyway. Third Level would sound like a good name for a nightclub run by the USI.

Had my Grads there in 99. It was a horribly ran set-up, one member of bar staff and huge cues at the bar all night. I was waiting over an hour for my first drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Had my Grads there in 99. It was a horribly ran set-up, one member of bar staff and huge cues at the bar all night. I was waiting over an hour for my first drink.

It was better in the early 90s, cheap drink all night then off to Fibber Magees!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Mingetoad

It was the club part of what is now River Bar. Was only called Third Level for a few months I think .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Mingetoad wrote: »
    It was the club part of what is now River Bar. Was only called Third Level for a few months I think .

Checking out street view I think your right. I had a good look for it for years wondering if it even existed (in fairness I had my first naggin ever that night. Good times!)

I guess approaching city from the west, you naturally do your city approaching gawk on the north side.

Must check it out next time am out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

babaracus wrote: »

Club USI was just around the corner on Aston Place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Metropolitan?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

1999, a younger, slightly less angry man went on the razz in the city. Ended up in a club that had a downstairs entrance.

Years on, i still don't know where the hell it was but i still have the ticket stub that reads "Third Level". And it still miffs me where it is. Has anyone any idea where it is/was?

I THINK it was on the Quays but i cant be sure.

Even if you do somehow track her down, she won't remember you. :P

Advertisement