Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed Lawn

Options
  • 01-05-2015 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi all,

Apologies for the long winded post. I've recently bought a new house and the garden is in an awful state mainly with weeds and moss. The garden is north facing so there is limited light. Given the amount of moss I believe there is also slight drainage issues. My plan is as follows.

1. I've put down weedkiller which is killing off the moss and weeds keeping the grass however given the amount of moss there is not much grass left so im going to take up everything and resow the lawn.
    2. After I pull up everything ill leave it for a couple of weeks and address any weeds that pop up ( rationale being I'll have a clean lawn to sow)
    3. I'm going to dig a small pit in the corner of the garden and fill with stones to help the drainage issue and cover with topsoil.

Any thoughts on this strategy? Also should I use shade grass give its a north facing garden with large trees either side? It gets sunlight but not much. or should I just stick to regular grass? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement