Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography higher level. Please help !

• 01-05-2015 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

What exactly do you they mean when they ask this question.
    Describe and explain any two factors that influence the development of agriculture in a non-European Continental/Sub- continental region that you have studied.
    I studied India. Do I have to discuss climate and soils only or do I have to discuss the primary activitiy of agriculture.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭yoyojc

nokia211 wrote: »
    Describe and explain any two factors that influence the development of agriculture in a non-European Continental/Sub- continental region that you have studied.
    I studied India. Do I have to discuss climate and soils only or do I have to discuss the primary activitiy of agriculture.
    Thanks

So with any questions like this you'll get 2 marks for stating the region in this case India.

Then you will have to choose 2 factors e.g. things that influence the development of Farming or you can discuss Fishing, Forestry too if you'd like.

You'll be given marks for each of the 2 factors...

Commonly discussed factors are

Transport
    Relief
    Soils
    Climate etc.

So you need to state the two factors and then under each factor discuss how it influences agriculture... hope that clarifies it for you! in short: both!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 kitkat98

Thanks

Hi I'm in fifth year but I did this essay in a test and I talked about primary activities and got full marks. Hope this helps :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭nokia211

yoyojc wrote: »
    So with any questions like this you'll get 2 marks for stating the region in this case India.

Then you will have to choose 2 factors e.g. things that influence the development of Farming or you can discuss Fishing, Forestry too if you'd like.

You'll be given marks for each of the 2 factors...

Commonly discussed factors are

Transport
    Relief
    Soils
    Climate etc.

So you need to state the two factors and then under each factor discuss how it influences agriculture... hope that clarifies it for you! in short: both!

Thanks so basically I discuss we'll say climate and soils, I don't have to mention the details of agriculture at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭nokia211

kitkat98 wrote: »
    Hi I'm in fifth year but I did this essay in a test and I talked about primary activities and got full marks. Hope this helps :-)

Thanks so did you talk about climate and soils at all

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Thanks so basically I discuss we'll say climate and soils, I don't have to mention the details of agriculture at all.

You have to mention the effect soils and climate had on the development of agriculture.

• Advertisement
Advertisement