Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't post up photos

Options
  • 01-05-2015 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭

As above. Just wondering if it's just my account or the system in general
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Which forum are you trying to post the pic in? Many (most?) allow but some some.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Which forum are you trying to post the pic in? Many (most?) allow but some some.

Farming forum and gardening

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Show me where you've tried to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi Reggie

If this is an example of one of your posts where you can't load the image well then you're half way there.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95286599&postcount=388

After posting your post with the attachment do the following.
    1 click the link on your attachment to open it in boards
    2 copy the url of this new page
    3 go back and EDIT your post
    4 click the IMG icon and paste in the url from 2
    5 save your changes...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

For such a large image, a hosting system with thumbnails like wthax.org is a better idea.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    Show me where you've tried to do so.

Every time I try to post a photo an error appears. I can post without photos no hassle

Reggie. wrote: »
    Every time I try to post a photo an error appears. I can post without photos no hassle

What error message though?

What error message though?

That the posting service is unavailable at this time

It allowed me to post a photo here now. I'll try again

Seems to have sorted itself out. Thanks spears

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭nokiatom

I haven't been on the site for a while but my account is still there, tried to use a link in a new thread tonight but it told me I cannot do so as I am a new member

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

nokiatom wrote: »
    I haven't been on the site for a while but my account is still there, tried to use a link in a new thread tonight but it told me I cannot do so as I am a new member

I'd imagine your low post count is causing the system to believe that you are a new member. There's a minimum requirement for using certain features on the site such as posting links or images, I think it's something like 10 days & 50 posts. You're obviously well past the 10 days so find a forum that tickles your fancy & get posting! You'll be using links in no time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭nokiatom

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    I'd imagine your low post count is causing the system to believe that you are a new member. There's a minimum requirement for using certain features on the site such as posting links or images, I think it's something like 10 days & 50 posts. You're obviously well past the 10 days so find a forum that tickles your fancy & get posting! You'll be using links in no time :)
    thanks for that...hopefully that explains why

It's 10 days and 25 posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Has the post count requirement been changed from 50 to 25? The 50 count rankles a bit in the photography forum and a reduction would be most welcome.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Yep, it's at 25 now.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Has the post count requirement been changed from 50 to 25? The 50 count rankles a bit in the photography forum and a reduction would be most welcome.

OldGoat, can your recipe be used on other meats that aren't goat? Just curious ...

Back on topic and somewhat relevant - I've noticed that in forums like AH, when you try to do the IMG tags on a desktop, it doesn't embed, but instead displays the link, yet the image does embed if you are accessing through the touch site. What is the reasoning behind this?

OldGoat, can your recipe be used on other meats that aren't goat? Just curious ...

Back on topic and somewhat relevant - I've noticed that in forums like AH, when you try to do the IMG tags on a desktop, it doesn't embed, but instead displays the link, yet the image does embed if you are accessing through the touch site. What is the reasoning behind this?

Images have been disabled in AH for some years now, to avoid both trolls and people just posting memes and the like.

Images have been disabled in AH for some years now, to avoid both trolls and people just posting memes and the like.

But they're not disabled on the Touch site. I'll try and take screenshots to show this

-- this is the view on the desktop
    8nwkb2.jpg

This is the view of the same post on touch

6SLHnK.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Hmmmm, that's a bug! :)

Thanks for the heads up on that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

I'm a new user, can't post photos, over 50 posts but here less than 10 days so I presume that's why I'm still exempt?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

You presume correct! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Boards.ie: Andres

Dav wrote: »
    Hmmmm, that's a bug! :)

Thanks for the heads up on that.

That's fixed now, have a look at http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057429281/5

Advertisement