Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late Show 1 May 2015

• 01-05-2015 6:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,712 ✭✭✭✭

Soooo, who wants to hear a debate on this marriage equality referendum? Come on, sure, isn't it the Friday of a bank holiday weekend? Sure what else would you be doing?

Iiiiiin the yes corner, Colm O'Gorman from Amnesty International, and his tag team partner for this special event Irish Times columnist Una Mulally.

Iiiin the nay corner, Petra Conroy from Catholic Comment (no, me neither), and blogger Keith Mills.

Should be interesting, I suppose, whether you intend to vote yes now and get it over with, or no, so we'll all have to do it again in a couple of years. (It's inevitable. And rightly so, it's equality, not a sort of treat or something).

Aaaanyway, aside from the main event, there's Taste Icon Award (again, me neither) Richard Corrigan, and someone from Geordie Shore who so much of a nobody I'm not even going to check his or her name again.

Sorry bout the puppehs & kittehs, or lack thereof. I can't do 'em on this phone.

So a lesson there, if you want 'em in the OP, do it earlier!

HAPPY BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

WOOOO!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Geordie Shore! A Cook! A Heated Debate!

What Have I ?

What Have I ?

What Have I Done To Deserve This ?

tumblr_m7zu742BDT1r5gmoeo1_500.jpg

Thank you Donie. Lovin' your work, as always

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,856 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hopefully the Yes/No debate is a ferocious row with rosary beads and holy water used in the pre fight weigh in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Petra Conroy from Catholic Comment (no, me neither)

Breda O'Brien's sister-in-law. Their family gatherings must be a great laugh.

They should get Pat Kenny in to do the debate, and then let Tubridy do the Geordie Shore interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,712 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

If that's all a bit underwhelming (ha! IF!), remember it's all just killing time till the highlight if the night's TV:

BB King - The Life of Riley 11.25 TG4.

Do yourself a favour and dig it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

RayM wrote: »
    Breda O'Brien's sister-in-law. Their family gatherings must be a great laugh.

They should get Pat Kenny in to do the debate, and then let Tubridy do the Geordie Shore interview.

Since nobody really wanted to hear much of what Petra and her other Opus Dei/Iona Institute buddies wanted to say, she just invented her own so-called "catholic" mouth-piece to keep up the flow of the usual stuff. A completely self-appointed expert in all matters catholic it seems.
    Why RTE continually indulge these members of the religious radical/lunatic fringe community is puzzling; you could find lots of more reasonable opponents to gay marriage if they wanted. By the way, she is a single mother apparently.... is that relevant? I dunno at this stage, the "NO" posters have me head melted.

Anyway, I think X-Men is on one of the other channels. Mutants of a different kind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,598 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Skid X wrote: »
    Geordie Shore! A Cook! A Heated Debate!

Get a Cook to Heat the cast of Geordie Shore in a furnace! Great idea,
    Skid!

Also on tonight, music from Ham Sandwich.

A great band, no matter which way you SLICE it.

jazz-thrown-out-o.gif

If there was a court for crimes against jokes, Welshie, that one would certainly be found Galtee as charged.

*even on my own I'm bright red for that*

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    If there was a court for crimes against jokes, Welshie, that one would certainly be found Galtee as charged.

*even on my own I'm bright red for that*

I need something to pass the time as I LOAF around this thread. Hopefully tonight's marriage equality debate will get right to the CRUST of the issue.

yellow--127323300027054100.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Good Evening everyone.. happy Friday!

I climbed Holyhead Mountain this morning...I could actually see the Wicklow Mountains!

*swoon*

Did yiz all not see me waving? :(:)

• Advertisement

I did surely, and that new haircut looks well on you.

I like the way The Chippy in Holyhead is just called "The Chippy".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

How come people who work in the fashion business, are always referred to as a style icon, or a fashion guru?

I mean, my dentist and accountant are all very nice people and are a lot more qualified than most, but I've never once called either of them an icon or a guru. :rolleyes:

M

.net...for when you didn't register the .com before somebody else did.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I don't think it's fair to put up airbrushed photos.....

The audience clapping out of time with the theme tune.

Where's Russell Crowe when you need him? :D

I climbed Holyhead Mountain this morning...I could actually see the Wicklow Mountains!

*swoon*

Did yiz all not see me waving? :(:)

I thought that was Ian Rush!

:-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I can imagine those who frequent Coppers will be using that site a lot from now on.

M

Marriage refurendum should be the first thing to get out of the way, dangerous having them folk inside the green room too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Looking forward to the debate tonight. Some good people supporting the yes side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Ryan.

You haven't an ounce of comedic flare in your skinny frame so stop trying to be "down with the kids"

Save it for naturals like Graham Norton

Thanks.

• Advertisement

It actually got mine right..ish. First one was spot on, but for a more recent one it reckons I'm younger than I am :)

The Sheila Ferguson Three Degrees Experience Featuring Sheila Ferguson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

That short segment is how you do something "silly but fun". With the LLS recently you don't know what to expect... another week they might put that on for half the show, people from the audience, and all kinds of nonsense.

The Three Degrees?

Ooh ooh, aah ahh, pre-cious mo-ments ...

M

The youth they got on The Unemployables will literally be that in the real world forever, no company will take someone on who was on a show called The Unemployables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Ah, experts on working. Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Jen is looking well!

I'm voting yes but Una Mullaly is unbearable to listen to. They need to dump her from the yes campaign tbh

ProudDUB wrote: »
    How come people who work in the fashion business, are always referred to as a style icon, or a fashion guru?

I mean, my dentist and accountant are all very nice people and are a lot more qualified than most, but I've never once called either of them an icon or a guru. :rolleyes:

Good point. The fashion world pisses me off. Everybody wears clothes. It's not special. Certainly not something claim to be an expert in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Total ride Jennifer Maguire.

Excuse my French.

• Advertisement

Nicely coiffed, Mr. Kennedy.

*Jeremy Clarkson voice* No it's NOT Gok Wan, but it IS Gok Wan's Irish cousin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

like the indo every saturday. Any woman who does anything is the queen of what she does. ie. Miriam O C and Claire Byrne = broadcasting queens. Rachel Allen = cookery queen. Nobody ever calls Joe Duffy a broadcasting king or Richard Corrigan a cookery king.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Does this dude die the hair on the side of his head to make himself look older or what's the story?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Story with the hair?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

I thought she was going to say "There's always a reason they can't find a job", instead we got "There's always a reason they're lazy". I like her.

• Advertisement

My accountant just happens to be Channel 4 journalist Krishnan Guru-Murphy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,569 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Good Evening folks. How you get on with the buses not working today? Where you able to get into work today or not?

It doesn't matter if you didn't get in today? I stayed at home today myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

A blogger. To be fair, to be a blogger you must have access to the internet... so I for one ...will not pay the blindest...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭LiamNeeson

That's one ridiculous looking clown there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Being long term unemployed is a vicious cycle of nothingness.

Evening all :)

• Advertisement

Good Evening folks. How you get on with the buses not working today? Where you able to get into work today or not?

It doesn't matter if you didn't get in today? I stayed at home today myself.

Drove in as always.. no hassle this morning at all. Got stuck in traffic for a while on the way home though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Don't worry. I'm back :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Seriously cannot understand people who have never worked. Unless you have serious health problems (physical or mental), I just don't get it. I know that's easy for me to say when my parents were both driven and supportive, but I just don't know how people can never work. Even a few hours a week. It's as sad as it is baffling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭sudzs

Lisha wrote: »
    Being long term unemployed is a vicious cycle of nothingness.

A bit like watching TLL every friday night! ;)

It's not a bad idea for a programme, but I don't think they are the right presenters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Sever Tomorrow

Haha, bizorg. Reminded me of that Tommy Tiernan sketch if anyone remembers it.

Hello useless people!

I'm so great, if i hang around with you, you'll get a job! Even though you are useless!

U-S-E-L-E-S-S.

Hey, everyone, come see how good I look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

LiamNeeson wrote: »
    That's one ridiculous looking clown there

Hey, Pat Kenny left big shoes to.....oh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

She's nice looking. Pity about the Pat Butcher earrings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Haha, bizorg. Reminded me of that Tommy Tiernan sketch if anyone remembers it.

Thought exact same!

Bizzz orrrg!

• Advertisement
Advertisement