Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading from 4gb to 8gb - RAM compatibility??

Options
  • 01-05-2015 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I currently have this stick of 4GB RAM in my PC: https://www.ple.com.au/ViewItem.aspx?InventoryItemId=609119

(GeIL 4GB Single DDR3 Dragon C9 1333MHz)

I would like to upgrade from 4GB to 8GB, can I use any 4GB C9 1333MHz stick of RAM or do I need to get another GeIL Dragon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

The same ram is preferable but anything with the same voltage, frequency and timings will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

just run cpuidz- memory tab and see if all the clocks are the same should be something like 9-9-9-9-24 1.5.

also see if mobo supports dual channel and set them into appropriate slots depending on mobo it could be color coded or same color then check manual.

in general all low end ddr3 1333 are usually the same unless opting for OC brand.

Advertisement