Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gazebo

Options
  • 01-05-2015 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,446 ✭✭✭✭

Built this yesterday. Just wondering where to go from here. I suppose less is more. I'm thinking of a few hanging baskets maybe. Any advice or suggestions welcome. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Reggie. wrote: »
    Built this yesterday. Just wondering where to go from here. I suppose less is more. I'm thinking of a few hanging baskets maybe. Any advice or suggestions welcome. :)

Quality, great job, you want to build one for me aswell haha

• Registered Users Posts: 24,446 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

glineli wrote: »
    Quality, great job, you want to build one for me aswell haha

Ya couldn't afford me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Looks great! That shady bank at the back would be lovely with some hostas and Japanese maples and ferns, some potted ones inside would look good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Wisteria!

Wisteria_Pergola-1.jpg

I don't even like it particularly, but when it grows in it'd be fairly spectacular over the top of that.

Or clematis.

9493068_f520.jpg

Something to grow over the top, anyway.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Wisteria!

I don't even like it particularly, but when it grows in it'd be fairly spectacular over the top of that.

Or clematis.

Something to grow over the top, anyway.
    Was thinking of planting something to crawl up the 4 poles and cover the roof in time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Nice job. Did you do the curved walls too?

Nice job. Did you do the curved walls too?

Nope. Local man. Very tasty so he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

it would be a shame to hide the tidy blockwork, but i would put a nice limestone face on the walls :)

edit; or whatever stone u have local

it would be a shame to hide the tidy blockwork, but i would put a nice limestone face on the walls :)

edit; or whatever stone u have local

Ah don't really want to hide the block work tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Ah don't really want to hide the block work tbh

Personally, I think leaving the block work bare will look cold and take away from whatever else you do.. You should think about a facing or something else to cover it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Personally, I think leaving the block work bare will look cold and take away from whatever else you do.. You should think about a facing or something else to cover it..
    +1

That wall continues on for another 150 metres or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭rje66

Was thinking of planting something to crawl up the 4 poles and cover the roof in time

Vitis coignetiea( ck. Spelling)!,

Advertisement