Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funfair in Doughiska

Options
  • 01-05-2015 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi. I was wondering if anyone had any idea when the funfair starts? I wanted to get there with my bf to get me a pink bear there. I know he won't be able. He's such a loser. It'd be fun though. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hi. I was wondering if anyone had any idea when the funfair starts? I wanted to get there with my bf to get me a pink bear there. I know he won't be able. He's such a loser. It'd be fun though. Thanks

According to their facebook page, they open at 5pm daily.

"Friday the 24th of April until Sunday the 10th of May" according to FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I've passed by the location a few times while its been opened. It doesn't seem very busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Can't understand what they were thinking putting it where they did .. Mind you the weather hasn't helped them either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

It's a crazy location. The view from the big wheel must be spectacularly ugly.

Horrible spot for a circus as well. On a previous occasion I saw parents trying to push wheelchairs over rocks to gain access.

Who makes these decisions?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The proper entrance is from inside the industrial estate, though: https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.293058,-8.986345,3a,75y,200.49h,68.95t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1si_L8ol8oTTrpOJi5Wlx36Q!2e0?hl=en
    - at least there's plenty of parking in there.

I'm not sure how horrible the view would seem if you live in the east side of Galway city or in the county out to the east - it would be a different perspective on your own neighbourhood, much the same as the view from the docks is to people who live in Salthill. I''ve not been on the wheel, but I'd expect that you can see the bay (Oranmore / Roscam direction). And the wheel itself is very visible promotion of the event for everyone coming down the motorway at night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

^^^^ visual promotion alright at the traffic lights ,muppets wont go on green,to busy looking at the HUGH wheel.:eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

The proper entrance is from inside the industrial estate, though: https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.293058,-8.986345,3a,75y,200.49h,68.95t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1si_L8ol8oTTrpOJi5Wlx36Q!2e0?hl=en
    - at least there's plenty of parking in there.

The issue is not the parking but the horrible surface. You could feel the rocks underneath the 'floor' of the circus tent. And why anybody regards it as appropriate for Disabled access is entirely beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

It wasn't that bad. Today the air was very clear and you could see very far away.

17410624265_67a3ddd64b_b.jpg

17408657282_ae96900b3a_b.jpg

17410245571_0bd5d2bb8c_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

The view from the top of the big wheel is great. That is probably because I live out there. But still it gives a whole other perspective on buildings and roads that we normally view at ground level. You can see right out across the bay to Blackhead, out over the Racecourse to the lake and beyond to the mountains in Connemara, the windmills to the west near furbo/ spiddal and east on the hills in Derrybrien and also see out over the airport / motorway to the east of the county.
    The only fault I would have with it is you only get about 3 minutes for €3.50.
    Still wort a visit though!

The great pics above were posted while I was still typing.
    A picture paints a thousand words!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement