Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

asafoetida in dublin

Options
  • 01-05-2015 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Is there a good place in Dublin to buy this ? Went to couple of stores in Dublin ( Parnell st ) couldn't see it.

Tesco have it listed in those spice section but never have it ( stocked with all spice ) In shops where I've looked

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved to Dublin City as the locals should be better able to advise you.

tHB

FWIW - Any decent Indian food shop, such as Spiceland on South Richmond St, should stock it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I got it in Mary St Asian store, it comes in a yellow plastic jar.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭OUTOFSYNC

mhge wrote: »
    I got it in Mary St Asian store, it comes in a yellow plastic jar.

Can I ask how much they charge ?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I don't recall... It's not expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,890 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You'll probably have to get the compounded stuff rather than just it on its own - this smells less terrible but you need to use more of it. Some places will sell it as "hing powder". Will be under 3 quid.

I got it in Eurasia in Liffey Valley but nearly all large asian shops will have it. Mainstream supermarkets are unlikely to ever consider it due to the smell!

• Advertisement
Advertisement