Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

denis o brien takes out yet another high court action, this time against RTE/Pravda

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

We need more political leaders of the ilk of Murphy in this country and less of the spineless bending over sorts we have stuffed in Leinster house at present. Well done Catherine. All right thinking people in this nation are behind and support you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

save it guys, that could be like hens teeth in another month

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

it starts at the top, did not a judge in his summing up of a rather much hearled case, ensure that a top civil servent could not face the courts even if the dpp decided charges were necessary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

flutered wrote: »
    it starts at the top, did not a judge in his summing up of a rather much hearled case, ensure that a top civil servent could not face the courts even if the dpp decided charges were necessary

Well someone else thinks they have the legal high ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

SOS, SOS.....

Bluebots required in after hours thread.......

• Advertisement

SOS, SOS.....

They maybe in Hiding as this action is a step to far and can't possibly be spun. Could be nails in a relationship coffin one could say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

You begin to wonder if there's a Denis O'Brien bubble in the legal industry....

SOS, SOS.....

They are waiting for Dinny HQ to send a memo to FG HQ and then in turn the bots will be informed. We might see a coordinated response then that will be every bit as comical as their defence up to now, who knows maybe it will be funnier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

They are waiting for Dinny HQ to send a memo to FG HQ and then in turn the bots will be informed. We might see a coordinated response then that will be every bit as comical as their defence up to now, who knows maybe it will be funnier.

Depends. If they have wifi in the Golf club bar they could be on fairly sharpish.

Do you think the Government will be getting legal advice on trying to block publicly available information ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,884 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Dinny owns FG. Clear as day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Whenever I looked at FIFA, I just knew that they where dodgy as hell. Its as obvious as day. I get that exact same feeling with politicians and high profile businessmen here. When is it going to end ffs? This has been going on for decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Dinny owns FG. Clear as day.

Soon to be supreme leader of Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

SOS, SOS.....

The Government shills are awaiting a response from DOBs headquarters before commenting further!

Sorry, I meant awaiting instructions from DOB central, before knowing what to say next!

FalconGirl wrote: »
    Whenever I looked at FIFA, I just knew that they where dodgy as hell. Its as obvious as day. I get that exact same feeling with politicians and high profile businessmen here. When is it going to end ffs? This has been going on for decades.

Not unless the FBI have jurisdiction here, it'll never happen.

Our judicial system is as bad as our political system!

Not surprising, considering its coward Enda and Co. Who appoint them!

Disgraceful lack of coverage about this on RTE. Public broadcaster my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Soon to be supreme leader of Ireland.

Given the success of his businesses,would this necessarily be a bad thing..? ;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Given the success of his businesses,would this necessarily be a bad thing..? ;)

His 'success' was built from the proceeds of the esat deal that was later proven to be corrupt,(moriarty tribunal) under a fg led govt.

You're advocating corruption here yeah ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Just wondering would it help my career if i was to commit my undying loyalty to Denis.

Fcuk it, nothing to lose.

Dennis I love you and I would die for you!

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Just wondering would it help my career if i was to commit my undying loyalty to Denis.

Fcuk it, nothing to lose.

Dennis I love you and I would die for you!

Never done fionann Sheehan any harm, isn't he editor of the Endapindent now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i wonder if i could get a loan at a bank that charge 7.5% for 1.5% will try it tomorrow, then again dont think so

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

goat2 wrote: »
    i wonder if i could get a loan at a bank that charge 7.5% for 1.5% will try it tomorrow, then again dont think so

Its shocking after all that has come out the last few years, factual info such as the anglo-IBRC tapes and now all this, metering of our water that we paid €1.200.000.00 per year for years that would most definitely have been sold suddenly to DOB if we had all signed up last year!! We should be storming in and reclaiming our country over the next few months

Surely in Banking terms taking a loan out to buy a failed insolvent company would be a High Risk Endeavourer and the interest charge would reflect that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Just seen this on the end of the broadsheet.ie article:

Scary update: Solicitors acting for Denis O’Brien have asked us to remove this post asserting that it is a breach of a High Court Order [O’Brien Vs RTÉ]. They gave a 7pm deadline or they would begin injunction proceedings. We have replied that article 15.12 of the constitution allows all Dáil statements “wherever published” to be privileged and we currently await their response.

Update: In response, Denis O’Brien’s legal representative said the High Court ruling “covers what could be reported about what was said in the Dáil by Catherine Murphy” and again put us ‘on notice’. Unfortunately The judge in the case never revealed the terms of the injunction. In a statement tonight Catherine Murphy said: “I am a public representative. Information came to me, from a number of reliable sources, that is, without doubt, in the public interest. I have a duty to put that information into the public domain and I fully intend to fulfill my democratic mandate.”

Fair play to Catherine Murphy she's not letting it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

We should be storming in and reclaiming our country over the next few months
    Why don't you lead the charge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

Disgraceful lack of coverage about this on RTE. Public broadcaster my arse.
    They are afraid of litigation and also of losing access to other media and people.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

With a business entity that doesn't yet legally exist ...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,884 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

This one won't go away too easily for Denis and Fine Gael.
    Could be a defining day for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

This may sound like a stupid but if she is so convinced that the information she has is correct why doesn't she come out and say it publicly instead of using dail privilage? Is she so afraid of a ruling against her? Or does she thing she wouldnt get a fair trial if she was sued for say slander?

• Advertisement

JillyQ wrote: »
    This may sound like a stupid but if she is so convinced that the information she has is correct why doesn't she come out and say it publicly instead of using dail privilage? Is she so afraid of a ruling against her? Or does she thing she wouldnt get a fair trial if she was sued for say slander?

To avoid being silenced by not being able to fight the legal proceedings financially ?

Advertisement