Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

denis o brien takes out yet another high court action, this time against RTE/Pravda

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

That's us down a few more places in the press freedom index thanks Dinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Help!!!! wrote: »
    With the latest Denis O Brien story I don't understand how people keep making excuses for FF & FG. They cost the taxpayers millions with their corruption.

Michael Lowry was kicked out of FG but still gets elected as an independent by the good sheeple of Tipperary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Michael Lowry was kicked out of FG but still gets elected as an independent by the good sheeple of Tipperary.

Too many gobsh*tes in this country whose loyalty is bought with a road or 2. Little do people realise their quality of life could be far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

FalconGirl wrote: »
    Too many gobsh*tes in this country whose loyalty is bought with a road or 2. Little do people realise their quality of life could be far better.

What's even more stupid is that people are being bought with their own money .. or do they think the local TD is paying for new roads, schools etc him/herself?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    What's even more stupid is that people are being bought with their own money .. or do they think the local TD is paying for new roads, schools etc him/herself?

Hahaha its so true, my dad actually gave a lifetimes support for getting the same medical cards back that government took away the year before

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

This is so, so, so depressing. Can and will RTE appeal?
    This is the same RTE that let Beverly Cooper Flynn off the hook when it was awarded costs after she tried to sue them.

I still resent they settled for a fraction of the remaining €1.2m or so she owed, biggest waste of license. fee. ever.

They should have taken her for everything, bankrupting her would have gotten her out of politics. And made people think twice about asking for compo,

Instead we now have a culture where people like John Waters can pretty much get uncontested compo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

This is the same RTE that let Beverly Cooper Flynn off the hook when it was awarded costs after she tried to sue them.

I still resent they settled for a fraction of the remaining €1.2m or so she owed, biggest waste of license. fee. ever.

They should have taken her for everything, bankrupting her would have gotten her out of politics. And made people think twice about asking for compo,

Instead we now have a culture where people like John Waters can pretty much get uncontested compo.

Ya,we can get back to sorting rte later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Ya,we can get back to sorting rte later

Good man. You're a leading light to keyboard warriors the world over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 imitation blaster

I thoroughly enjoyed reading the news from my breakfast table this morn, not in Haiti btw :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

From Breakingnews.ie

"Mr Justice Binchy says if a verbal agreement was reached without approval from IBRC's credit committee it would be indicative of a failure of corporate governance, but he found no evidence of a substantive nature was presented to the court that would show that was the case."

So I guess there are two possibilities here:-

1. Catherine Murphy TD made her statement based on substantive evidence of a failure of corporate governance in IBRC which was not available to RTE and not part of the evidence they presented to Mr Justice Binchy.

or

2. Catherine Murphy TD made her statement without any substantive evidence to back it up.

If it's the former this issue has a long way to run. If it's the latter she is abusing her Dail privilege.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

How many more stories have INM/Newstalk /today fm pulled about Fine gael?

Is enda Kenny ringing he's good friend Denis o Brien to get the story's pulled?

And what is Denis o Brien getting in return?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Dinny got soaked in Limerick yesterday..:D

https://www.facebook.com/krisoft/videos/10206276174355791/

How many more stories have INM/Newstalk /today fm pulled about Fine gael?

Is enda Kenny ringing he's good friend Denis o Brien to get the story's pulled?

And what is Denis o Brien getting in return?

Definitely not the first time. Kenny thought it was ok to ask reporters not to report on his tasteless joke about the murdered politician Patrice Lamumba.

"Kenny initially asked reporters at the function not to report his remarks and, to the astonishment of some commentators, a number of newspapers agreed"

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2002/sep/15/world.race

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

falan wrote: »
    Dinny got soaked in Limerick yesterday..:D

https://www.facebook.com/krisoft/videos/10206276174355791/

I think some of the anti water charges people have forgotten what they're actually protesting about.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I think some of the anti water charges people have forgotten what they're actually protesting about.

I certainly haven't.

I don't want any of my money going into the pocket of fine Gaels mate Denis o Brien.

The pro water brigade can dress it up any way they like. But a man that was found by a Tribunal to have made dodgy payments to Michael Lowry, in return for a mobile phone licence. Is now still receiving massive Government contracts from he's mates in Fine Gael.

And we've discovered yesterday that Denis o Brien is interfering in the editorial of INM, to try and stop them printing stories about fine Gael ministers.

Fine Gael are showing themselves to be every bit as bad as fianna fail, for looking after there buddies!

New politics my arse!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Why do you think water charges were introduced in the first place?

• Advertisement
Advertisement