Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

denis o brien takes out yet another high court action, this time against RTE/Pravda

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

Nothing to see here folks, move along now, pay your bills and kindly stfu

(sarcasm intended)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Nothing to see here folks, move along now, pay your bills and kindly stfu, and Vote fine Gael!

(sarcasm intended)

You left out the most important part!

You left out the most important part!

Vote Fianna Fail for gods sake!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Vote Fianna Fail for gods sake!!

.....and dont forget to vote Often?

.....and dont forget to vote Often?

Got it in one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

He's some man for one man, let me tell you.
    "I'll take my business and money from Irish banks and I'll have friends who'll do the same if you even DARE query any of my dealings with IBRC"

"Corrupt? Moi?? Never!"

Smidge wrote: »
    He's some man for one man, let me tell you.
    "I'll take my business and money from Irish banks and I'll have friends who'll do the same if you even DARE query any of my dealings with IBRC"

"Corrupt? Moi?? Never!"

He wouldn't know how to be corrupt ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is the High Court due to rule on this today?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Is the High Court due to rule on this today?

Hope so and I hope rte get to air the show

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Some stones on him

• Advertisement

Some stones on him

The €5,000,000,000 man!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Vital RTE win this one.

Vital RTE win this one.

No word yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Vital RTE win this one.

I wonder though, if they dont and it goes in DOB favour, will more people believe in how deeply "involved" he is in serious matters in this country and that he may very well have been allowed too much power?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

We haven't seen anything yet. They haven't been allowed air the show. So we've no idea what's in it.

We know a man who acquired a company in a suspect manner via a Fine Gael minister acquired another government contract when a Fine Gael government was in power. If it walks like a duck and it sounds like a duck it's a duck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

No ruling until next week apparently.

Just wondering if the court ruled in O'Brien's favour, could the information in the RTÉ report accidentally find its way to a TD willing to utilise their parliamentary privileges?

Jimoslimos wrote: »

Just wondering if the court ruled in O'Brien's favour, could the information in the RTÉ report accidentally find its way to a TD willing to utilise their parliamentary privileges?

There will be a lot of leaking going on the next 12 months as the government spew more lies on top of more spin and propaganda to maintain the narrative that we're better off sticking with them "on the road to recovery" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

It certainly could but this is not the way it should happen in a democracy that is supposed to be open and transparent. DOB appears to have been receiving generous terms on his loans from a bank that is owned by the taxpayer, i.e. public money. This High Court case is a watershed moment, if it goes against RTE and the judge rules that DOBs dealings with taxpayers money cannot be revealed then we will never have accountability or transparency in this Republic. The case will set a precedent for anyone with wealth and power to hide their private dealings with taxpayers money and it will effectively give them cover for corruption and dodgy deals to take place right under the nose of the Irish taxpayer without them having the right to know about it.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    It certainly could but this is not the way it should happen in a democracy that is supposed to be open and transparent. DOB appears to have been receiving generous terms on his loans from a bank that is owned by the taxpayer, i.e. public money. This High Court case is a watershed moment, if it goes against RTE and the judge rules that DOBs dealings with taxpayers money cannot be revealed then we will never have accountability or transparency in this Republic. The case will set a precedent for anyone with wealth and power to hide their private dealings with taxpayers money and it will effectively give them cover for corruption and dodgy deals to take place right under the nose of the Irish taxpayer without them having the right to know about it.

The **** is about to hit the fan

RTE could always make a "fictional" show about a fictional character called "blueshirt O Brien" .

I'd imagine this fictional programme, not based on real life events would be a ratings winner!

• Advertisement

RTE could always make a "fictional" show about a fictional character called "blueshirt O Brien" .

I'd imagine this fictional programme, not based on real life events would be a ratings winner!

Savageye :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Too obvious......maybe.... Dermot O'Byrne.

Too obvious......maybe.... Dermot O'Byrne.

He could have a poodle called enda. Obviously it would have to be a bitch, who likes its tummy tickled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Theme tune sorted...

Satriale wrote: »
    Theme tune sorted...

Haha legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

He could have a toodle called enda. Obviously it would have to be a bitch, who likes its tummy tickled!

Toddle on

I hear the programme is to be called #selfserv.

Where the fictional character "Blueshirt O Brien" has massive Government contracts awarded to him, regardless of tenders provided from other company's!

I hear the programme is to be called #selfserv.

Where the fictional character "Blueshirt O Brien" has massive Government contracts awarded to him, regardless of tenders provided from other company's!

And it's going to be pay per view

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

For all the giving out we do about RTE, kudos to them for taking this on. There must be some very explosive stuff in it. Could it be the documentary that will finish this government?

I predict the courts will rule in favour of O'Brien sadly. He is simply far too powerful and has too much reach in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

FalconGirl wrote: »
    For all the giving out we do about RTE, kudos to them for taking this on. There must be some very explosive stuff in it. Could it be the documentary that will finish this government?

I predict the courts will rule in favour of O'Brien sadly. He is simply far too powerful and has too much reach in the country.

Be a real shame if this information found its way into the hands of another media source, not under uncle Dinnys control, and out of this jurisdiction.

Advertisement