Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

denis o brien takes out yet another high court action, this time against RTE/Pravda

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

Be a real shame if this information found its way into the hands of another media source, not under uncle Dinnys control, and out of this jurisdiction.

indeed! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Wikileaks and The Intercept would probably be extremely interested...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

The judges decision on this is to be made today or tomorrow?

Lot of distraction going on tomorrow what with the referendum and that.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The judges decision on this is to be made today or tomorrow?

Lot of distraction going on tomorrow what with the referendum and that.

Today i think

so it can be covered for 2 days during the moratorium:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,307 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

http://www.thejournal.ie/denis-o-brien-judgement-2116068-May2015/

Got away with it again...

This should get people out on the bloody streets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Birneybau wrote: »
    http://www.thejournal.ie/denis-o-brien-judgement-2116068-May2015/

Got away with it again...

This should get people out on the bloody streets.

Disgraceful.. but not surprising considering his close ties to FG and influence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

FalconGirl wrote: »
    For all the giving out we do about RTE, kudos to them for taking this on. There must be some very explosive stuff in it. Could it be the documentary that will finish this government?

I predict the courts will rule in favour of O'Brien sadly. He is simply far too powerful and has too much reach in the country.

As expected. The sooner people wake up and smell the coffee the better for the country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

A odious human being.

Can/will RTE appeal? (or would it even matter anyway?)

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Disgusting outcome, even the Judgement has been redacted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

One rule for the rich, one rule for the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

If someone doesn't wiki leak this before evening, they have no shame

• Registered Users Posts: 51,883 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Wonder who appointed Judge Donald Binchy?

Also no surprise.. when you think about it a little, the close ties between Government, the judiciary and the Gardai is actually frightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Absolutely sickening the power o'brien has, the man is a scumbag. Im completely fed up with the corruption in this country and how they can get away with it..:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Also no surprise.. when you think about it a little, the close ties between Government, the judiciary and the Gardai is actually frightening.

Denis has the phones, media, oil, water, Govt etc well under control now. Far too much power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Be a real shame if this information found its way into the hands of another media source, not under uncle Dinnys control, and out of this jurisdiction.

Or it could be raised in the Dail.

I hate how corrupt this country is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

I love the way Dennis always fights for our rights to privacy, great man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

The govbots must be in the war room working out how to blame it on Fianna Fail. They'll be along presently I'm sure.

The tax payers are good enough to pay IBRC debts, including uncle Dennys haircuts, but aren't deemed important enough to know why they had to pay them.

Considering siteserv are in the midst of this, as Dennis bought them on a debt free basis, provided by the Irish taxpayers, then soon after got given a large state contract to install meters, I expect tend of thousands now to show the govt how they feel about corruption by refusing to pay their water charges.

Irish water and siteserv are inextricably linked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

What a class act. The boys in the Dail have us well and truely under there control. I wouldn't be surprise if elections where actually rigged to begin with.

They appoint everyone in the top spec so if they step out of line theyll be put back to the little rat hole they came out of. This country is run by absolute scum, I actually find the timing of the referendum very good, get people talking about a serious enough issue and they might just forget all the absolute crap we have thrown there way.

If Denis had nothing to hide then he had nothing to fear. BTW, for people bypassing Topaz you might want to add Esso to that. But again nothing mentioned in the media, that his guy now has a 30% of the motor fuel market which raises seriously alarm bells with me.

What a little corrupt country we live in.

Can RTE appeal this or go to a higher/ European court?

TheTorment wrote: »
    Can RTE appeal this or go to a higher/ European court?

What they should do, is just 'misplace' all relevant info on this, that maybe the BBC, or another respected media outlet not based in our jurisdiction might 'find' and suddenly broadcast it......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

It's going to be broadcast next week.

A reporter on today fm seen it and said there is actually nothing controversial in it and the public will be surprised at this.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    It's going to be broadcast next week.

A reporter on today fm seen it and said there is actually nothing controversial in it and the public will be surprised at this.

Must be true so.

http://www.todayfm.com/mobile/index.php?id=5029

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/shadow-of-denis-o-brien-looms-over-new-media-merger-guidelines-1.2029372

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

kneemos wrote: »
    No wrong doing proven anyway on the Digifone deal.
    No company worth they're salt pays more tax than they have to.
    What evidence have you that he silenced anyone?
    Any more wild allegations?

Dunno anything about the man,could be a complete chancer but until I see some facts I'll refrain from begrudgery bashing.

can't decide if this should be filed under gullible or vested interest ?
    RTE could always make a "fictional" show about a fictional character called "blueshirt O Brien" .

I'd imagine this fictional programme, not based on real life events would be a ratings winner!

You see you were doing quiet well until you reminded me of your fianna fail connection.

This judegment is a fooking joke.
    More of the same.

First NAMA and now IBRC can basically feather the nests of connected ones at the taxpayers expense all the while hiding behind the excuses of confidentiality and privacy. :mad:

We have had the myriad of connected bwankers, developers, public body ceos of fianna fail replaced by really just one utlra rich media owning maltese based ex Tony Ryan lackie.

So much for cleaning things up :mad:
    All they seem to have done is cut the number of snouts at the trough and not cut the swill in it.

I once had a lot of respect for alan dukes, but there is an odious stench about anything he is around over the last few years.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

I'm concerned that social media will be silenced soon. Labours Lorraine Higgins bill for example to silence 'trolls' when she is one of the biggest trolls on twitter herself.

Advertisement