Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can they ask to pay more for bills?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Stheno wrote: »
    But from what they posted that was just a lease regarding rent, and not specific amounts for bills at one point op claimed they were paying 135 per month for broadband whichb turned out to be 45

Yeah OP said they paid a fixed price for bills which I presumed was part of the agreed fees each month/3 months. The point remains that they agreed a price and now the LL wants to increase it. Surely it's reasonable to ask for justification or just continue paying the agreed price.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yeah OP said they paid a fixed price for bills which I presumed was part of the agreed fees each month/3 months. The point remains that they agreed a price and now the LL wants to increase it. Surely it's reasonable to ask for justification or just continue paying the agreed price.

But he's not actually said that he doesnt pay for bins contrary to his first post and the eemail from the landlord shows a decrease in the gas bill

I reckon op got himself completely muddled up over nothing
    read the entire thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

I made some wrong calculations, I was thinking and don't know what I was thinking that we all pay that amount for each person.
    Like someone already explained, the bills shown are the final bills, split into 3.
    About the bins, we got a text message few days ago that he will charge 25 euros a month for the bin now

• Registered Users Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

All sorted then. Great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Asmooh wrote: »
    I made some wrong calculations, I was thinking and don't know what I was thinking that we all pay that amount for each person.
    Like someone already explained, the bills shown are the final bills, split into 3.
    About the bins, we got a text message few days ago that he will charge 25 euros a month for the bin now

So he did mislead you in his email saying that he doesn't charge for property tax or bins throughout the year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

You do know that depending on how the electricity and gas contract is setup they can come every month or every two months also if the meters are in the house then if they can't get in to read the meter they estimate it, check the bill carefully look for an e next to the meter reading or an a (actual). Typically they way over estimate it. Also check the hot water immersion is not switched on all the time and the thermostat turned up to high.

Advertisement