Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potentially Double Withdrawel

Options
  • 01-05-2015 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just looking at my online banking, and there are 2 withdrawls on the same day for the same amount from an AIB bank link...

I only remember making one and was wondering if its possible to see which ATM's these where made from and at what times, as i made one on my break from work but certainly don't have an memory of making a second withdrawal...

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi A_Sober_Paddy, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie.

To query the date, time and location of these withdrawals please call our Customer Service team on 0818 365 365 / +353 1404 4000 and a representative will be more than happy to investigate this for you. 

Alternatively, if you're registered for 365Online, you can also send a secure message to our representatives via the Online Service Desk. 

We hope this helps and if we can assist with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Hope you have a lovely long weekend. 

Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

I have noticed (several times) the same figure appearing twice but if you add it up, its not taken into account & the next day it will have disappeared. I done know what it is but perhaps someone from B of I will explain here!!  Its can be very confusing!! 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

hillbloom wrote: »
    I have noticed (several times) the same figure appearing twice but if you add it up, its not taken into account & the next day it will have disappeared. I done know what it is but perhaps someone from B of I will explain here!!  Its can be very confusing!! 
    Hi hillbloom,

Thank you for your post. 

If you are logged onto 365 Online, late in the evening when the system is updating account transactions, it can appear that transactions have been duplicated and the balances will sometimes not seem to be correct.  As the file is run after close of business, you may see transactions and credits out of order or duplicated, however your final balance will always be correct.

Therefore if there is a duplicated credit or debit displaying, this will not be reflected in the final balance. This will then rectify when the system has finished updating. This is down to how the 365 system is set up. Unfortunately, we don't have the option of stopping this from occurring.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement