Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vehicle Speed Sensor Low Speed P0502 01 impreza bugeye

Options
  • 01-05-2015 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

I'm getting this fault up on my 2001 STi Impreza bugeye ,Vehicle Speed Sensor Low Speed P0502. I recently installed defi gauges into it and that's when this fault started. I have retraced all my wiring and everything looks good. I have since replaced the sensor and problem is still not solved. I took power for gauges from radio. Car idles ok, no loss of power and speed works fine but fan runs continuously. I'm at my wits end trying to sort this, any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm running out of ideas!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 mr_c

what guages did you fit? possibly interfered with the signal coming from the sensor if you taped into the wire, could be a case where a relay is needed to make everything work properly

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭bartbanis

I fitted Defi replica gauges (x4) and pulled power from the radio. Today i cut the wire and disconnected them altogether and cleared fault to see what happens. Ran fine for 25miles and light came back on. I'm wondering now was it the HKS turbo timer that I fitted at the same time? My head is wrecked!

Advertisement