Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone out there blend their beers?

Options
  • 02-05-2015 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭

Just curious...

I had a 5% ABV IPA brew turn out too thin/watery for my liking, I also had a 10% ABV DIPA that was just too robust for social libations.

After a eureka-like epiphany, I decided to mix the 2 brews together, a Frankenbrew if you will :D

The result was a very tasty IPA of quality which I am now trying to replicate by tweaking my recipe.

Anyone else had hit or miss experiences like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

ive done it with an overly bitter ipa and a blander pale ale. also had a wheat beer that lacked any taste at all and mixed a black ipa 80/20 really made a bland brew quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Why not, enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

I usually have 2 beers tapped at any given time and I almost always try blending them for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

I guess it's easier if you keg, you can just transfer between two kegs easily enough, although opening two beers and mixing them would work too. A good excuse to have twice the amount of beer at the one time!

Advertisement