Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL French and Irish

• 02-05-2015 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I'm in transition year at the moment and got a B in Higher French in the Junior Cert. I'd like advice on how to get an A1 in higher french in the leaving cert. Thanks

Havent look at a string of Irish all TY. I got a C in HL in the Junior cert. Any advice to help me achieve a high B/A in LC?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lolo97

I would advise keeping up with homework and class work from the start. Once you start with Prois make your own notes, even just bullet points, with characters, themes, key vocab etc. Store them away and they will be useful to when exams come around.
    For Filiocht, practice reading the poems out loud with correct pronunciation as there is more marks going for reading a poem in the oral exam than the written question in the writing exam. Nevertheless, your own notes that you make are far more valuable.
    With essays or debates (depends which suits you better and which you will score higher in) have some prepared in advance and know phrases with good quality vocab of a higher level standard.

Don't be worrying once you start 5th you're just learning material. When exams come around it will all tie in. I've just given you a few things I'd do myself, everyone is different.

Good Luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

starting in 5th you can oppertunity to learn different to rest of people, 6th year studying generally = memorize fixed essays and replicate. For irish, Oral- cover all main topics and do vocab on them all, Oral+essays: look up strong phrases, seanfhocals and start learning and USING them, cant stress how important it use to use things you learn, pick essays titles, learn off statistics and gernal stuff for each topic, dont worry too much about specific essay, pick specific ones christmas 6th as youll know whats important then,

Advertisement