Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiking shoes always get torn in the same place

Options
  • 02-05-2015 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi,

Since 5 years I have my light or medium-light hiking shoes torn in the same place (see attachment), after 3-12 months of usage. I buy shoes in the 50-100 euro range, from known brands (not sure if I'm allowed to mention specific brands here).

Tried returning them once, when it happened to a more expensive pair just after 3 months, without any real hiking, just walking around in Dublin in them. After three weeks they replied that "the damage to the shoes was caused accidentally" and is not covered under warranty.

Tried switching brands, different types... didn't help. Happens to both right and left shoes.

Does this happen to anyone else? Any suggestions on what I could do?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,323 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Not trying to be smart, but buy heavier / sturdier shoes, or boots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

unkel wrote: »
    Not trying to be smart,

Ditto - are they your correct size? Are they maybe a bit snug?

I used to have similar with Wellington boots - went up a size and went heavier.

Simples ;)

Advertisement