Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bare Minerals? Or something similar?

Options
  • 02-05-2015 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'd always wear foundation for going out (light enough coverage, right now I'm using Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder), but I don't have enough time to be putting on primer and foundation in the mornings before work. I also work at a quite physical job a few evenings a week, so I sweat a lot.

I was thinking of investing in Bare Minerals to use as a powder-type foundation? Is it worth the money? Quick and easy to apply? Better yet, any cheaper alternative that you'd recommend?

I guess what I'd be looking for is either a tinted moisturiser or a powder foundation.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

cactusgal wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'd always wear foundation for going out (light enough coverage, right now I'm using Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder), but I don't have enough time to be putting on primer and foundation in the mornings before work. I also work at a quite physical job a few evenings a week, so I sweat a lot.

I was thinking of investing in Bare Minerals to use as a powder-type foundation? Is it worth the money? Quick and easy to apply? Better yet, any cheaper alternative that you'd recommend?

I guess what I'd be looking for is either a tinted moisturiser or a powder foundation.

Thanks!!

I use Bare Minerals. I started off using the mineral powder, which I really like, but it takes a little bit of time to buff & build up coverage. Its not too bad, but not as quick as you might think. I do like the natural look of it though. If you are getting it, get the starter kit, as you get the brushes with it, its about €54 in Debenhams.
    I started using the liquid serum foundation from them in December, and it seems to go on a bit quicker, you still need to buff it in though. You have to buy a separate brush for it, its a 'special' brush, and a bit on the pricey side (€27!). It feels lovely and silky on my skin and looks nice. I am thinking of getting the tinted moisturiser for the summer.

If you are thinking of getting it, make sure to ask them to show you how to put it on etc and give you a tutorial, then see if you like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I definitely recommend everyday minerals from www.everydayminerals.com. They are mineral powder foundations and with the right moisturizers underneath they leave a lovely dewy finish. They'll send you 6 free samples to do you can get the right color. You have to pay postage but it was only 6 dollars last time I did it. The samples are generous and last a few weeks to.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭xxXCuteypieXxx

GloMinerals has a great powder foundation called pressed base. It can be built for more coverage but I would recommend you leave the first layer on for a few minutes before you apply another as it sets into a lovely dewy finish and if you put too much on starting off it can end up looking cakey. There are loads of shades so easy to find the perfect one for your skin tone. I'm quite pale and use the honey light shade. Its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, doesn't clog pores so its great if you have problematic skin. It retails for €49.95 but it does last ages. I've had mine for 4 months, use a lot of it everyday and its just nearing the end now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

GloMinerals has a great powder foundation called pressed base. It can be built for more coverage but I would recommend you leave the first layer on for a few minutes before you apply another as it sets into a lovely dewy finish and if you put too much on starting off it can end up looking cakey. There are loads of shades so easy to find the perfect one for your skin tone. I'm quite pale and use the honey light shade. Its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, doesn't clog pores so its great if you have problematic skin. It retails for €49.95 but it does last ages. I've had mine for 4 months, use a lot of it everyday and its just nearing the end now!
    Where can you buy this? Sounds awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Satori Rae

Try Revalon Colour stay I think it is called.
    You get to pick for your skin type (Normal.Dry, Oily/ como) and as a light skinned girl myself the lightest colour suites me without needing to put powder on top to blend. Also gives a strudy dewy finish that stays on for hours. No need for a primer if you get the right type. Has a spf of 20 as well I think get it in most boots stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭xxXCuteypieXxx

Tilly wrote: »
    Where can you buy this? Sounds awesome.

I get mine in a skin clinic in nenagh, tipperary. A lot of skin clinics use the brand because its anti-inflammatory, it can be applied straight after chemical peels and such treatments. Heres a website http://www.skinlogiconline.com/ but im not sure if you can buy it here unless your a professional?

Advertisement