Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Security Trade Forum

Options
  • 02-05-2015 1:50pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have just taken over as moderator the Home Security Trade forum.
    Thanks to the assistance of regular users of this forum a number of changes are taking place.
    If you are a member of this forum and would like to make suggestions on how this forum should be changed / move forward /evolve please contribute to this thread.

Many thanks :)

Please note: This is a private forum with access limited to professionals working in the security industry.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thanks 2011.
    As already discussed I believe it should be kept to PSA licenced installers only.
    The manufacturer access seemed like a good idea at the time. But thinking about it, it could never work. It would be too hard to police and manufacturers would be wary of other competitors just as we would be wary of non licenced installers.
    Eg I'm sure HKC wouldn't be happy that GSD and Siemens and others would have access to threads possibly discussing faults /bugs etc.
    And, of course vice versa.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Update: Thanks to a number of forum members and KoolKid in particular this forum has been revamped and is ticking along nicely.

If any more PSA registered installers are interested in joining send me a PM and I will get the process moving.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flood

KoolKid wrote: »
    As already discussed I believe it should be kept to PSA licenced installers only.

I totally agree but as their is users who are not PSA licenced installers having access to this forum this is worrying.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its not this forum its a private trade forum. Only PSA licenced installers have access to it.

I know its not this forum, like I previously said their are users who are not PSA licenced installers having access to this forum

• Advertisement

I'm not with you. Everyone has access to this forum. It's about helping people, why is that worrying?

Are you reading my posts at all? Its not the home security forum I am on about. Its the home security trade forum.

I went through all that have access there are with 2011. Excluding that moderator and admins everyone with access is psa licenced.
    If you have concerns to the contrary PM 2011.

No disrespect to the moderator and admins but their should have been appointed PSA registered installers to moderate/cmod the forum. People place their trust and put their hard earned money to get a PSA licenced contractor to install and maintain alarms but a forum where PSA contractors are discussing faults /bugs etc and others are reading this info is worrying to me anyway.

Admins have to have access. It's Boards.ie who are hosting the site after all.
    To be honest I don't think any Admin here would have any interest in browsing through the forum unless there were issues.
    I would have no problem with 2011 s access either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Flood wrote: »
    No disrespect to the moderator and admins but their should have been appointed PSA registered installers to moderate/cmod the forum. People place their trust and put their hard earned money to get a PSA licenced contractor to install and maintain alarms but a forum where PSA contractors are discussing faults /bugs etc and others are reading this info is worrying to me anyway.

Believe me, from someone's perspective who is not an installer I reckon it is hard going trying to understand the lingo we use over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

kub wrote: »
    Believe me, from someone's perspective who is not an installer I reckon it is hard going trying to understand the lingo we use over there.

Can be like that on here too :D

kub wrote: »

One does not have to understand it at all, anyways it seems a trust is there so all is well.

Advertisement