Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied for masters in case I can't find a job

Options
  • 02-05-2015 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi guys,

1)I recently applied for a masters as a precaution in case I can't find work. The due date for the masters is in July. I haven't been offered a place yet but if I am, I was wondering if I accept the course on pac, do I have to pay straight after I accept the masters? On the pac website you need to pay 60pc at registration. Is registration when you accept or when you sign up to the college? Basically is the due date when you need to pay?

I was wondering if I accept the course, am I able to later reject if I do find a job in the mean time. I know if I pay for the masters I will go ahead with it but I just would like to know if it's possible.

Finally, if I do reject it, could this affect my ability to apply for the post graduate in a year or two if everything else does work out

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm a little nervous at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Fondu

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

I've registered on PAC for a masters course and they basically send on my request to the college.

You can cancel/remove yourself from any course at any time as far as I know. I'd imagine that refunds depend on the college.

That said, if you register using PAC, they'll charge you fifty for using their website. This charge has nothing to do with your college registration and is just their fee for your use of the site. I haven't been charged yet for the course either, but it was for a masters that might not run this year, so that could be a factor too.

Advertisement